Football Manager 2020 (4 Viewers)

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #762
    Signed Hazard on a 2 year (32 year old) for free. Contract expired from Madrid and sealed the deal in January. Let's hope it turns out to be a good deal.
    what is his natural fitness? That seems to be biggest indicator of decline with age

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Zapata really is a beast! It's been fun with Atalanta, I like the mixture of players so I can easily change tactics. I regularly even change formations during matches. Mainly played 352, secondarily 41212 and then every now and then 4231 or variations with asymmetrical formations depending on performance and opposition. I saw someone here posted about Ikone so I splashed all in on him and a small fee for Armini. The scouts liked Ikone and he could played a bit everywhere and Atalanta lacks wingers so I wanted one that would allow us stepping into other alterations. Both have done well thus far. I have only played nine league games but won each one.

Cortinovois has played five games (including CL), he looks promising. Will he develop to anything? Piccoli and FInardi has only played once and Traore twice but all have been subs. Bellanova looks like crap, didn't he use to be a strong talent in the past?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Traore will turn into an absolute stud, the rest are alright, I havent played them, just loaned out. In 4th season I barely have any original players left except Ilicic (he was chosen as my best player and serie a MVP as 34-35 year old lol, had 26 assists and 20 goals from midfield).

Bellanova is hot doodoo indeed.

20200529_161008.jpg

Kinda sad I had to sell Zapata in last summer, for FFP reasons (prolonging payments in 3 stages for every big signing biting in the ass now lol). They said I need to sell someone, and having Haaland, esposito, Fabio silva, Boadu, Telles Magno for CF position when I only play with 1 CF, made it prudent to sell 31 year old Zapata who had 60m bid.

But I regret it even if Haaland is insane (I got him in January in 3rd season, he STILL won top scorer in serie a with 3 months play LOL), because I fondly remember Zapata scoring 45 and 47 goals for me first 2 seasons, 3rd season he was backup/rotation so only scored 23.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Traore will turn into an absolute stud, the rest are alright, I havent played them, just loaned out. In 4th season I barely have any original players left except Ilicic (he was chosen as my best player and serie a MVP as 34-35 year old lol, had 26 assists and 20 goals from midfield).

Bellanova is hot doodoo indeed.

20200529_161008.jpg

Kinda sad I had to sell Zapata in last summer, for FFP reasons (prolonging payments in 3 stages for every big signing biting in the ass now lol). They said I need to sell someone, and having Haaland, esposito, Fabio silva, Boadu, Telles Magno for CF position when I only play with 1 CF, made it prudent to sell 31 year old Zapata who had 60m bid.

But I regret it even if Haaland is insane (I got him in January in 3rd season, he STILL won top scorer in serie a with 3 months play LOL), because I fondly remember Zapata scoring 45 and 47 goals for me first 2 seasons, 3rd season he was backup/rotation so only scored 23.
    How have you been deploying Ilicic, he has been good for the team and makes it click. But I really doubt he'll come anywhere near those stats even this season. AMC or? And what role and so on?

Sent from my SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    AMC shadow strikers. He was never that good first two seasons in original tactic, but 3rd tried more centralized tactic were most go through AMC and DMC, and him and Tonali starting having tons of assists. It helps gave him all the set pieces so my CBs started scoring lots of headers and assists racked in. Atleast 60% of those assists are from set pieces. Also gave him pks, he never misses.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    cordoba 34 35.png

:lion: Couldn't score enough goals. Not sure how Barcelona didn't win it but they sunk like a stone in the last 10 games. I did win the Copa del Rey, so some consolation. Dat defence though - 18 conceded in 38 games.

Not sure if anyone is interested in my system but it's basically:

AF - DLF/AF

AM/SS

MZ - DLP - MZ

FBS - CDD - CDC - FBS

GK​

About 1/4 of games I use a 4-3-3 with wingers. Always use Positive custom tiki-taka at home, only ever Balanced as the most defensive tactic in tough away games, so that defensive record is surprising, even if I do have a strong goalkeeper and central defenders for the level of the team. None of my fullbacks are especially good defenders. The team keeps a lot of possession, which surely helps with team defending.

Anyway, this guy should help with the goals problem:

luthi.png

Arguably the best young player I've had on my game so far. I noticed him when he was 17 but bizarrely he went to Young Boys for €10m rather than the usual City, Liverpool, Barfa etc, and then this summer I sold some players so I could sign him for €25m. I can probably buy a whole team for what he will eventually be sold for.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    cordoba 35 36.png

Finally got there. Lüthi made as big a difference as expected - 33 goals in all competitions and a tonne of assists, helped other players score a lot more. The big two had rubbish league seasons, dropping points all over the place. Atlético stayed with me until late in the season.

Surprisingly got to the CL semi-finals with a couple of lucky wins over Arsenal and Liverpool, before losing to Barcelona by one goal. Barcelona also beat me on penalties in the Copa del Rey...annoying bastards. Got a double of sorts by winning the Supercopa.

I get the feeling from the game this year that it's perhaps a bit too easy?

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    was hoping for a flawless victory, but bastards took a shot in 93'

red card clearly helped, and that formation with 10 men is just plain bad

c874ed46d8cc619e8b504d3442757f9f.png

let's get 7th on the trot

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)