Football Manager 2018 (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ok Geeks. Haven’t played FM for a number of years and I’m looking to get back on it. My point being. In terms of memory space needed to run the game. What’s a decent amount? And what is it you need to really look out for? 1.21 Jiggawatts? A bolt of lightning? Flux capacitor?

Any help would be grateful :tup:

Dude, do you even have a DeLorean in the first place?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Dude, do you even have a DeLorean in the first place?
That’s what’ll name the laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

FM is not intensive. If you cant run it then you need a new computer.

Its pretty easy to find out game specs by googling it.

They even have websites now that can tell you if your computer can run a specific game, how well and what you might be lacking.

Shouldnt be too hard :tup:
Mate, I’m lazy as fuck. Thing I like about this place is there is always someone that’ll help. Obviously filtering out a few of the bullshitters of course;)

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
I just bought FM18 and started playing with Juve with UPDATED transfers for everyone, so CR7 in our team, and I bought Verratti to feel the big void in my heart left void by Marchisio :(

Question is, how the heck do you negotiate for anyone in this new game? Seems to be impossible with sum, was about to sign SMS before Verratti but it was craaaaazy demands, jeez. I guess realistic lol. Same thing with Leon Bailey, club asking for Neymar money lol.

I'm playing a 3-4-3, with the 3 upfront as forwards, not two wingers, been able to successfully retrain Berna to central forward, but douglas Costa is hella hastle despite half a season of experiene there.
Prices are very high if you want a certain player. I usually pay in installments, beppe style. Have a look at those put on transfer list, you might find some good / great players for ok money. For example in ~2021 I bought Leon Bailey for 11-17M and sold him for 70M+ after 1 year or so when he was a starter. I also look to bring free agents at age 27-28 max and loan them for $$$ in their first season and sell them for pure profit next season. It's tough at first, but I;m in 2025 and I have great balance and transfer funds while also having a great team.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Got the sack with Newtown. 4th one since I start playing. Paris FC x2, Feye and now them. It sucks. My best striker fucked up his ligaments, 6-11 months out. Yeah, physios suck ass, their estimation is kinda like that. And midway through the season, my playmaker got injured for 3-5 months. On top of all that shit, lost both my GK and grey one had to play. He had like command of area 3, aerial reach 4, handling 2, etc. What a beast. Had 7-9-12 record, but that was not enough. To be honest, I wonder how I managed to win those 7 games :lol:
Need a new adventure now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Prices are very high if you want a certain player. I usually pay in installments, beppe style. Have a look at those put on transfer list, you might find some good / great players for ok money. For example in ~2021 I bought Leon Bailey for 11-17M and sold him for 70M+ after 1 year or so when he was a starter. I also look to bring free agents at age 27-28 max and loan them for $$$ in their first season and sell them for pure profit next season. It's tough at first, but I;m in 2025 and I have great balance and transfer funds while also having a great team.
I'm in January first season and signed Berardi and Kompany as free transfers:D latter because I don't plan on renewing Barzaglis contract. Berardi because badly need backup strikers.

I was so close to signing Martial in free transfers then suddenly united activate a clause of auto renewal lol. Still trying in getting De Gea for free but he wants insane wages and like 27m signing fee between him and his agent....

Yeah I know about the installments, this game has good different ones that's Beppe style. That's how I got Verratti, 20m upfront and 80m spread over 6 installments lol.

Have one draw and all wins in half season (except for losing Coppa game in Pk shootout, benched everyone plus after 2 red cards). The Balon Dor was 2 of my players nr 1 and 2, all the other awards dominated my pplayer's, but still my players talk like Juve is some low level club and want to leave... Dybala, Pjanic, Mandzukic and Can making noise to leave. Especially Pjanic is being a cunt. Despite new contracts. Makes me feel like I'm coaching Udinese and not a record breaking wins and goals Bonanza team.

I'm gonna sell Mandzukic for 60m if he keeps bagging, I said no to 54 lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Got the sack with Newtown. 4th one since I start playing. Paris FC x2, Feye and now them. It sucks. My best striker fucked up his ligaments, 6-11 months out. Yeah, physios suck ass, their estimation is kinda like that. And midway through the season, my playmaker got injured for 3-5 months. On top of all that shit, lost both my GK and grey one had to play. He had like command of area 3, aerial reach 4, handling 2, etc. What a beast. Had 7-9-12 record, but that was not enough. To be honest, I wonder how I managed to win those 7 games
Need a new adventure now.
Lol nice adventures. The massive injuries, you hired Allegris fitness team? You need to lower intensity of the training most likely.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Semi-pro clubs can't do that, you can only chose focus. Did fitness part for 3 weeks like I always do, but big injuries tend to happen there.

I'm going for sack #5, picked worse team than Newtown. Will update you guys later. This is really, really bad.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
I'm in January first season and signed Berardi and Kompany as free transfers:D latter because I don't plan on renewing Barzaglis contract. Berardi because badly need backup strikers.

I was so close to signing Martial in free transfers then suddenly united activate a clause of auto renewal lol. Still trying in getting De Gea for free but he wants insane wages and like 27m signing fee between him and his agent....

Yeah I know about the installments, this game has good different ones that's Beppe style. That's how I got Verratti, 20m upfront and 80m spread over 6 installments lol.

Have one draw and all wins in half season (except for losing Coppa game in Pk shootout, benched everyone plus after 2 red cards). The Balon Dor was 2 of my players nr 1 and 2, all the other awards dominated my pplayer's, but still my players talk like Juve is some low level club and want to leave... Dybala, Pjanic, Mandzukic and Can making noise to leave. Especially Pjanic is being a $#@!. Despite new contracts. Makes me feel like I'm coaching Udinese and not a record breaking wins and goals Bonanza team.

I'm gonna sell Mandzukic for 60m if he keeps bagging, I said no to 54 lol.

Well, I won 4-5 CLs and people still want to leave for other clubs. They calm down after I say that I see them as influential members and 90% they calm down.

In my first season I got Sanchez and Ozil for free and ended up selling Ozil for 30M. Depends on your tactics, but if you want more names, I can give you some :) You can also buy for cheap, play them for 1-2 years and end up selling for 50M+ profit.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #131
    Just downloaded a squad update last night and figured I would take another crack at this game with the 18/19 squad.

Decided to try 4-2-3-1 this game after my earlier run through with 4-3-3.

Sold Khedira to Barcelona for 40mil :):lol3::) and bought SMS for 60 to play as my CAM (or extra CM in case i resort back to 4-3-3)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I won 4-5 CLs and people still want to leave for other clubs. They calm down after I say that I see them as influential members and 90% they calm down.

In my first season I got Sanchez and Ozil for free and ended up selling Ozil for 30M. Depends on your tactics, but if you want more names, I can give you some :) You can also buy for cheap, play them for 1-2 years and end up selling for 50M+ profit.

:agree: Yea the players get out of hand in this game with their requests to leave but I made it to 2024 and never lost a player against my will. Best way to calm them down is to tell them the atmosphere at the club is good and they shouldn't want to leave that.

Then as soon as they calm down make them sign 5 year contract :p. Dybala asked to leave at least once or twice a year but I always waited until the window of him being happy and then a new 5 year deal.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
    Players ask all the time for more money or to move away. There's a way to avoid losing players for free or cheap. It's somewhere between exploit and realistic so I'll put it under a spoiler. I did this and it works.

There's a trick in getting your players to sign extensions or sign for you easier and have lower agent fees. Pick a random guy from that agent's player list. Bid for him so you can make him an offer and offer a high amount for that agent, I usually give him max. Keep delaying that transfer until the selling club is cancelling the deal. By doing this, the agent becomes very happy with you and you will get to offer extensions to player that did not want that a few days ago.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Greetings from Newry, Northern Ireland.

Home of Newry City A.F.C., currently competing in NIFL Championship (2nd division)

This is a semi-pro club, like every other in this country, but there is a catch. I, and a few other clubs from this divison can't offer part-time deals to players, so everyone is on non-contract, playing for bonuses. That means that I can lose a player to anyone, anytime, and won't get any compensation. Just imagine getting really good regen from an intake, just to see him leaving the club for free a week later. That would suck. And it can happen.

Best players:

Star striker :lol:

I'm rich as fuck.

Hopefully I'll get some decent players, because this is so, so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Made 3 different formations because I literally have no idea who I'm going to get. Player roles can change, especially in attack.

v2

Mezzala in N. Ireland. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Staff hunt.

You wonder why?

:D

Offered 20ish trials, have attribute masking on so I have no clue if they're any good. Hopefully I will find some hidden gem.​

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Over two legs in CL Playoffs I won Real 8-2. Ronaldo fvcked them. I'm in march and he has 59 goals for me lol.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    I never played with any team except Juve but now I'm tempted into starting my career with Paris SG.

Poslano sa mog Lenovo A2020a40 koristeći Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)