Football Manager 2014 (1 Viewer)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
and there is no option under contract or transfer on him?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have some idea of why I continuously get crap youth products?
I have maximum upgraded all facilities, my coaches both first team and youth are 5 stars or 4,5. I have 50 % world knowledge (continuously increasing, covering all regions and several competitions). My scouts are top notch, and my director of football is paratici with 20 in judging potential.
my head of youth development stats are as following;
Man management 19, mental 13, tactical 15, working with youngsters 20, adaptability 13, determination 19, judging player ability/potential 19/20, level of discipline 19, motivating 19, tactical knowledge 16. he is also set to bring in youth players into the club.

What am I missing? Yes, I am playing with Juventus. Although we produce mediocrity IRL there should at least be a Marchisio every now and then. But so far (I'm in late 2020) I only produce a bunch of Jorge Martinez.

Btw, Roma is clueless in my save and immeditately dropped down to serie b. Their back but are still clueless.
Not under transfer, will check under contract.

With regard to your youth teams.
I ahve noticed that youth players are often not that great if you look at their attributes, but iof your scouts or, your assistant manager says the player had 4-5 stars, he performs good on the field.
So I don't know if you try these guys or only judge them based on the attributes, but if you only do the second, I suggest your give the players with 4 or 5 stars a try.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Not under transfer, will check under contract.

With regard to your youth teams.
I ahve noticed that youth players are often not that great if you look at their attributes, but iof your scouts or, your assistant manager says the player had 4-5 stars, he performs good on the field.
So I don't know if you try these guys or only judge them based on the attributes, but if you only do the second, I suggest your give the players with 4 or 5 stars a try.
I follow their ratings and not the stats since fairly much all youth players stats are poor. :)
I've tried using different staff members give their opinion on them and at best I produce 3,5 star players. I am not that far into the future but still, I would expect at least one decent product to come around.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I follow their ratings and not the stats since fairly much all youth players stats are poor. :)
I've tried using different staff members give their opinion on them and at best I produce 3,5 star players. I am not that far into the future but still, I would expect at least one decent product to come around.
Agreed, don't know what else you can do, better youth coaches maybe. not only the manager but also the coaches.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I'll go through them and see if there are some deadweight holding "me" down. I've changed around a bit since last time new youth players came in. Perhaps I'm in better luck this time.

- - - Updated - - -

While I am at it, I am trying out a new and very optimistic tactic (I am guessing it won't work with lower teams). I am hoping for some feedback to it, I will be fairly detailed.

Individual settings:
GK: Distribute to defenders
CB: Pass it short
RB: Shoot less often, stay wider, dribble less, pass it shorter, cross more often, run wide with ball
LB: Shoot less often, stay wider, run wide with ball, cross from deep, cross more often, pass it shorter
DM: Shoot less often, pass it shorter (I switch to anchor man depending on how the game is panning out)
MC Box2box: Roam, dribble less, pass it shorter, shoot less often, more risky passes
MC DLP: Pass it shorter
AMR: pass it shorter (Switch to winger/inside forward depending on opposition/player)
AML Inside forward support: Roam, pass it shorter, dribble more, shoot less often
S: pass it shorter, move into channels, shoot less often (switch to poacher if we're pressuring high or the player is underperforming)

I switch in pass into space if we're chasing goals and switch off exploit the middle if it is heavily crowded or I think we can benefit from open spaces out wide, i.e. the opposition is playing e.g. 343. And I tend to tap off play out of defence when the opposition is pressuring very high and aggressively.

If I can get any kind of feedback I would be veeery happy because I feel like I am on thin ice.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I play the same tactic and always add the look for overlap setting, then your 2 back's come over your wingers to give crosses.
I only have 4 instructions set with this tactic by the way:
Look for overlap
Work ball into box
Play out of defence
Retain Possession

What helps against smaller teams is to lower tempo and play controlling instead of attacking.
Also, if you see they opposition is more aggressive then you in tackling and defending, then I add the Hassle Opponents and Get Stuck In settings.

But for me, it only works well 1 season, the second season I have to switch between this tactic and a 4-2-3-1 else the opposition is getting familiar with the 4-1-2-2-1

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
How is your striker performing? I have noticed that he usually gets the ball deep down the pitch and either holds and plays it to a running midfielder or turns around and dribbles his guy then takes a shot from far out. Since I don't play with play through passes he won't get too many 1o1 with GK. When he scores it is usually from a drilled cross. I feel like I am doing something wrong and should be able to get more (and more goals) from him. How are you playing him? I have set him to not take long-shots I may add.

Thanks for the tips also! Will definitely try it out, and yesterday I also added a 4231 for that exact purpose! (have not tried it out yet) I guess great minds (Juventinos) think alike. :D

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I always rotate my players every match so the stats from my strikers aren't that impressive, 1/2, but my wingers also score 1/2 so that makes up for it.
I noticed that if you have a target man (I played this tactic at Bayern and used Mandzukic as target man), he easily scores 20+ goals even when I rotated him.
Llorente scored something like 15, but I had to play him as a DLF instead of a target man. Of course, at Juve you have no Robben or Ribery at your disposal.
If you have a poacher or an advanced forward, it is something between 10/15, keep in mind that I rotate so that is +/- 25 goals for the two combined.

A Trequartista doesn't score much goals with this tactic for me.

I also don't do long shots.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Ahh I see! When you used the DLF, did you use as support or attack?
Sorry for asking so many questions, but here's another one.
Your wingers, how are you using them (role etcetera)? What are you looking for and your thoughts? I found a striker I adopted as Insider forward, support, and after a year now he has started to work out well. But now I have trouble with my AMR, I have no idea what I want to have or how I want that role to perform. So what are your thoughts there?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Ahh I see! When you used the DLF, did you use as support or attack?
Sorry for asking so many questions, but here's another one.
Your wingers, how are you using them (role etcetera)? What are you looking for and your thoughts? I found a striker I adopted as Insider forward, support, and after a year now he has started to work out well. But now I have trouble with my AMR, I have no idea what I want to have or how I want that role to perform. So what are your thoughts there?
Attack.
I use my wingers according to what is their best role. But since I use the "use overlap" for my LB and RB, I prefer inside forwards. Then they also score more since they come into the box and not stay wide.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
You may wanna remove the offside trap, because your back 4 do not share the same mentality. I'd rather give DLC cover role because CWB will go forward. Also, when you playing attacking footie, it would be wiser to play faster, this instrucions are more for Control strategy. Playing with Lyngby at the moment, 4th season.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Also, when you playing attacking footie, it would be wiser to play faster, this instrucions are more for Control strategy. Playing with Lyngby at the moment, 4th season.
This is true, if I play attacking, I don't even use the retain possession option, that slows play down.
If I play a controlling play, then I use the retain possession

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
You may wanna remove the offside trap, because your back 4 do not share the same mentality. I'd rather give DLC cover role because CWB will go forward. Also, when you playing attacking footie, it would be wiser to play faster, this instrucions are more for Control strategy. Playing with Lyngby at the moment, 4th season.
This is true, if I play attacking, I don't even use the retain possession option, that slows play down.
If I play a controlling play, then I use the retain possession
Great feedback! Will definitely give it a shot at changing the defense accordingly. Will test around with possession based, I was hoping that if I had retain on together with attacking mode, a lot of roaming and forward runs and high speed passing, that there would allow greater roaming and more challenging for the opposition to mark/position. Since there would be more time with ball and more time then to roam around.
But I will definitely try it out!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I always rotate my players every match so the stats from my strikers aren't that impressive, 1/2, but my wingers also score 1/2 so that makes up for it.
I noticed that if you have a target man (I played this tactic at Bayern and used Mandzukic as target man), he easily scores 20+ goals even when I rotated him.
Llorente scored something like 15, but I had to play him as a DLF instead of a target man. Of course, at Juve you have no Robben or Ribery at your disposal.
If you have a poacher or an advanced forward, it is something between 10/15, keep in mind that I rotate so that is +/- 25 goals for the two combined.

A Trequartista doesn't score much goals with this tactic for me.

I also don't do long shots.
Treguarista's are kind of useless in the game. Great way to isolate your midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, don't know what else you can do, better youth coaches maybe. not only the manager but also the coaches.
Loans are important. Start loaning the players out as soon as possible and keep them going to loans until their ready for the first team. Usually around 22-23 years old. I did that with Rossiter and he's pretty amazing. I have a pair of CBs that are 20 years old and have been playing in the Prem for 2 years. I even loan out 16 and 17 year olds if there are teams willing to play them a key players. Also, upgrading scouting network and training facilities is huge.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Did the changes you guys proposed, played four games so far and zero goals in the back and 12 goals forward. Everything is looking smoother and less chaotic on the pitch. Loosing the ball less since the players are not holding onto the ball as much and look for triangel passing instead with quick off the ball movements. Even my striker is looking better and scoring, at least so far, more regularly. Thanks a lot!​

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Treguarista's are kind of useless in the game. Great way to isolate your midfield.
Loans are important. Start loaning the players out as soon as possible and keep them going to loans until their ready for the first team. Usually around 22-23 years old. I did that with Rossiter and he's pretty amazing. I have a pair of CBs that are 20 years old and have been playing in the Prem for 2 years. I even loan out 16 and 17 year olds if there are teams willing to play them a key players. Also, upgrading scouting network and training facilities is huge.
That is true, I also try to loan out players as much as possible and if no teams want them, I just sent them to the teams I work together with.
Did the changes you guys proposed, played four games so far and zero goals in the back and 12 goals forward. Everything is looking smoother and less chaotic on the pitch. Loosing the ball less since the players are not holding onto the ball as much and look for triangel passing instead with quick off the ball movements. Even my striker is looking better and scoring, at least so far, more regularly. Thanks a lot!​
No problem, just let us know if you need more help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)