[FML] Serie A 2009/2010 (18 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
They don't have to be particularly technically gifted for me, Ken.

Trez is one of my all time favourites, because he can stand around looking disinterested for 89 minutes and then decide the game with one touch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
They don't have to be particularly technically gifted for me, Ken.

Trez is one of my all time favourites, because he can stand around looking disinterested for 89 minutes and then decide the game with one touch.
I love Trez, but that's more because he's at Juventus when he's doing his thing, staying during the year in Serie B etc etc. I admire what he does, like you say, but those are usually not the type of players top of my list.

Berba is a great example of the type of player I love. It's a shame he's lazy, but I rather watch Berba than Rooney, simply because of his touch. Berbatov's ball control is incredible, he can pull off things Rooney can only dream of. He's not a more complete player than Rooney, obviously, but I still prefer watching Berbatov.

I always loved watching Riquelme, although most would say he's overrated aswell.

For watching pleasure, I tend to forgive players' flaws as long as they're technically gifted, the 'real' talented players. :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And I still stand by my previous statement. They are on the same level.

First of all, ask yourself why did you come up with a comparison then and why now? Virtual made a good post about Vucinic's consistency, or lack of it. For years now Mirko shows up on 1/3 of the matches. The same case this year. Not a single goal in the opening 10 rounds. Then 3 goals in 3 rounds and another drought for 10 rounds, before scoring 7 in the last 9 rounds. Pandev, in Lazio, was the same. Brilliant in 1/3 of the season, solid in 1/3 and invisible during the rest of the season.

Both aren't good goalscorers. Mirko's season record in Roma is 11 goals, Pandev's in Lazio only 14.
Both play their best matches against the top opposition. Mirko was shining against Inter, Real, Milan, Manchester. Pandev against Inter, Juve, Milan, Real.
Both are pretty versatile. Mirko can play equally well as a target man and support striker. Pandev is even better in this aspect. Support striker, attacking midfielder and even play extremely well as a winger, as seen against Chelsea.
Both are/were pretty lazy, especially against the weaker teams. But ever since moving to Inter, Pandev is a real work horse and I think that even he is surprised what Mourinho did with him.
Pandev is more of a team player. Was in Lazio, is in Inter. 4 assists and 2 penalties over him in like a 1/3 of the season and on many matches he came in as a sub. That's more than Mirko's record in 30 rounds.
Mirko is really superior in the air and is more elegant with the ball, even though Pandev is excellent with the ball too (just watch his goals. Half are scored after dribbling the entire defense).
On top form, I'd say Mirko's talent prevails and he looks like a (slightly) better player. But his consistent inconsistency nullifies that and if I have to choose one of them, I won't be able to do it.

I agree with the general sentiment of the post here, i would have to agree that the two are pretty close, but i personally would take Mirko. Mirko is faster, a better dribbler and on his day he could be a really good link up player, i've seen him link up extremely well with the likes of Totti and co sometimes, though that is one of Pandev's strong points and i think he is overall a better team player than Mirko. Both are extremely inconsistent i agree, that is probably why they haven't made it or wouldn't make it in a big team(as regular starters) despite having the talent to do so. When they are both on top form i personally would take Mirko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)