[FML] Serie A 2009/2010 (37 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Can't believe JBF is making excuses for the Fulham game :lol:
to be honest fred, i strongly believe had things been different for juve i,e the injuries that hit the team and obviously caused us to field the worst possible back line things would've been slightly different. yeah sure we might have lost 1-0 2-0 but def not 4-1. with that being said this does'nt take away anything from fulham they played a perfect game and actually came from behind to win the tie.

as for seria A being a trong league or a poor one well it does'nt take much to see where we stand.

epl-----> have manure and arsenal, after chelsea got eliminated on the hands of inter who are not a weak side so its fair to say it could've went both ways to be honest.

fulham--> still stands a chance in el

so now epl has two teams who are real contenders for the cl trophy while still having chances in there own domestic leagues

spain have one team in barca but just take a look at at.madrid and valencia ripping every one in el.

real madrid---> eliminated on the hands of lyon. but thats madrid of recent times :D:D

so spain has barca to fight for cl, and also stands equal chances in there domestic league.

two spanish sides that have a chance in el too. ( putting in mind one of them will have to be eliminated)

italy: true viola were very close from making it thru but got a strong bayern to face so ok.

roma -----> got knocked out of el early

juventus----> out of group stage, and out of el

ac milan----> out of cl on the hands of untied also another strong side but unlike chelsea this tie was really determined before the kick off.

inter--> the only team that has any chance.

yes seria A might be exciting this year bec there is competition amongst the top 3 but this does not mean these top 3 are wc material to be honest.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And BTW its absolutely ridiculous to compare leagues and teams from different leagues TBH. Soooooooo many different variables can affect a scoreline in a one off game or two legged tie in UCL games such as form, injuries, suspension, weather, referees, crowds etc.

Unless teams from different leagues played each other week in week out in a league situation we'll never really know for sure so its all just guesswork and hypotheticals really.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
If we are to rebuild the team in summer, it is better to focus on that and Serie A and make sure we are prepared for CL the season after.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The top clubs in Italy are declining while the mid-table clubs in the league are rising. I believe Italian clubs will be doing a decent job in EL in the near future but when it comes to the champions league i doubt they will, not anytime soon IMO.

And with the New T.V revenue system the gap will get closer and closer between these clubs. As crazy as he is, Zamparini actually was right when he said that...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But then you would have two granfathers :eyebrows:

Back on topic, Shit happens to Italian teams but they're not shit IMO.

Did you watch that game?
I don't need to watch the game to know that under no circumstances should one blow a 3-1 lead to a team like Fulham. The fact that one can even think of making an excuse for that game is laughable to say the least.

to be honest fred, i strongly believe had things been different for juve i,e the injuries that hit the team and obviously caused us to field the worst possible back line things would've been slightly different. yeah sure we might have lost 1-0 2-0 but def not 4-1. with that being said this does'nt take away anything from fulham they played a perfect game and actually came from behind to win the tie.

as for seria A being a trong league or a poor one well it does'nt take much to see where we stand.

epl-----> have manure and arsenal, after chelsea got eliminated on the hands of inter who are not a weak side so its fair to say it could've went both ways to be honest.

fulham--> still stands a chance in el

so now epl has two teams who are real contenders for the cl trophy while still having chances in there own domestic leagues

spain have one team in barca but just take a look at at.madrid and valencia ripping every one in el.

real madrid---> eliminated on the hands of lyon. but thats madrid of recent times :D:D

so spain has barca to fight for cl, and also stands equal chances in there domestic league.

two spanish sides that have a chance in el too. ( putting in mind one of them will have to be eliminated)

italy: true viola were very close from making it thru but got a strong bayern to face so ok.

roma -----> got knocked out of el early

juventus----> out of group stage, and out of el

ac milan----> out of cl on the hands of untied also another strong side but unlike chelsea this tie was really determined before the kick off.

inter--> the only team that has any chance.

yes seria A might be exciting this year bec there is competition amongst the top 3 but this does not mean these top 3 are wc material to be honest.
That probably is true, but for a team in Juve's calibre, they shouldn't be losing 4-1 to Fulham even if they played the second string team. Injuries happen to a lot of big teams, they don't go losing 4-1 to Fulham then make excuses for it though. IMO nothing excuses that result unless the referee gave Fulham 4 non existent penalties.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I don't need to watch the game to know that under no circumstances should one blow a 3-1 lead to a team like Fulham. The fact that one can even think of making an excuse for that game is laughable to say the least.

That probably is true, but for a team in Juve's calibre, they shouldn't be losing 4-1 to Fulham even if they played the second string team. Injuries happen to a lot of big teams, they don't go losing 4-1 to Fulham then make excuses for it though. IMO nothing excuses that result unless the referee gave Fulham 4 non existent penalties.
See that's what Im talking about, did you know that we were playing with 10 men from almost 80 minutes in that game since Canna was sent off? Can a team of Juventus absorb continues attacks on the backline where freakin Zebina and Grygera are playing as center backs!

I don't think so and until you watch that game you'll never realize that our team was in a fucked up situation to say the least.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
See that's what Im talking about, did you know that we were playing with 10 men from almost 80 minutes in that game since Canna was sent off? Can a team of Juventus absorb continues attacks on the backline where freakin Zebina and Grygera are playing as center backs!

I don't think so and until you watch that game you'll never realize that our team was in a fucked up situation to say the least.
Ya you see when your player gets a red card you blame the player, you don't blame circumstances or the situation or whatever the fvck you want to blame.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Ya you see when your player gets a red card you blame the player, you don't blame circumstances or the situation or whatever the fvck you want to blame.
His sending off along with the many injuries we had cost us the match and being knocked out. And Canna wasn't the last man when he made that challenge so that was an undeserved sending off to start with. But then again you didn't watch the match to make a judgment..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Silence Peasants. Serie A has been in decline, and will continue to decline until the FIGC and some delusional fans who continue to defend the league at no end get a clue, and start acting on it!

Serie A in the late 80's and early 90's was by far the greatest league in the world. Serie A of the late 90's and early 00's with the mighty and dominant Juve as its flag bearer was a very strong and powerful league, although not as beautiful or attractive to watch as the late 80's and early 90's edition.

Since Juve's demise and demotion to Serie B, this league has become a laughing matter year after year; Inter have not been as dominant this year simply because they are saturated with winning Serie A titles; their eyes are on the big prize in Europe, and their focus and dedication to that competition has taken away a bit of their edge in the domestic race, thus creating opportunities for a rather average Roma side led by the choker Ranieri, and a very mediocre and inconsistent Milan led by a bunch of pensioners to mount a credible challenge domestically. Napoli, Fiorentina, Palermo, and to a lesser extent Sampdoria and Genoa make the league a little more appealing and exciting because they play good football, and have narrowed the gap between themselves and the top teams, but that owes as much to the mediocrity of the top teams than the merits of the lesser teams. Had this been Serie A of 2002-2003 we would have seen Juve top by 8-10 points, with Milan comfortable in 2'nd, followed by Inter in 3'rd some 15 points behind Juve, with Roma, Parma, Fiorentina, Lazio or some other squad challenging for 4'th place. The Palermos and Napolis with their limited financial clout would be vying for placement in the 5-8 bracket.

Results in Europe over the past few seasons are a good indication of Serie A's decline. The mere fact that the league risks losing its 4'th spot in the CL to the German Bundesliga is testament to that. You create your own luck, and no ifs and buts are justification for poor performance, particularly in Juve's case. Had we not had injuries, had the refereeing been better, had Canna not been sent off; these are not alibis; they are merely pathetic and unjustifiable excuses. A team always need to fight until the end, no matter the competition or the opponent. These qualities and traits are sorely lacking in Juve and Serie A as a whole.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
in all fairness i am with Fred on this one,a second string Juventus should still be good enough to hold onto a 3-1 lead against Fulham,especially when we score another in the second minute

we cannot blame the sending off,we cannot blame injuries,we cannot blame the ref...by deflecting the blame we are ignoring our main issues yet again,only by accepting our faults can we begin to address them

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Silence Peasants. Serie A has been in decline, and will continue to decline until the FIGC and some delusional fans who continue to defend the league at no end get a clue, and start acting on it!

[...]
Brilliant post!:tup:

Fulham also doesn't care but they went through.
How didn't they care? At least now they are even resting players for their EL matches (Fulham-Wolfsburg). Are there EPL teams who don't care?

I'm of the opinion that this attitude is more of a myth. Roma and Genoa were knocked out of the competition because they were not good enough. Just take a look at the line-ups in the decisive matches. This is the usual first team (with the exception of Scarpi for Genoa):

Panathinaikos-Roma (3:2):

http://transfermarkt.de/en/panathinaikos-athenas-rom/index/spielbericht_988828.html

Genoa-Valencia (1:2):
http://transfermarkt.de/en/fc-genua-1893fc-valencia/index/spielbericht_971686.html

Serie A doesn't have the quality it used to have and the reason is obviously Calciopoli. This is one of the more interesting seasons of the league from an objective point of view in recent years, but there's little international quality. In addition to that, we have a declining attractivity of the league because of the stadiums and the problems with the fans which are dealt with in a shameful manner.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How didn't they care? At least now they are even resting players for their EL matches (Fulham-Wolfsburg). Are there EPL teams who don't care?

I'm of the opinion that this attitude is more of a myth. Roma and Genoa were knocked out of the competition because they were not good enough. Just take a look at the line-ups in the decisive matches. This is the usual first team (with the exception of Scarpi for Genoa):

Panathinaikos-Roma (3:2):

http://transfermarkt.de/en/panathinaikos-athenas-rom/index/spielbericht_988828.html

Genoa-Valencia (1:2):
http://transfermarkt.de/en/fc-genua-1893fc-valencia/index/spielbericht_971686.html

Serie A doesn't have the quality it used to have and the reason is obviously Calciopoli. This is one of the more interesting seasons of the league from an objective point of view in recent years, but there's little international quality. In addition to that, we have a declining attractivity of the league because of the stadiums and the problems with the fans which are dealt with in a shameful manner.
I said that because it's not my opinion but because I heard it. Somebody at Fulham said that they don't care much about EL and that their focus is EPL.

It's a good point that some teams don't care about it IMO. Maybe they'll not say it directly but it's noticeable looking at their line ups. Just like how some teams don't care about Coppa Italia.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
I said that because it's not my opinion but because I heard it. Somebody at Fulham said that they don't care much about EL and that their focus is EPL.

It's a good point that some teams don't care about it IMO. Maybe they'll not say it directly but it's noticeable looking at their line ups. Just like how some teams don't care about Coppa Italia.
Not the Italian teams obviously...they play their first 11 in EL as you can see. So...?!

Fulham line-ups at Hull...
http://transfermarkt.de/en/hull-cityfc-fulham/index/spielbericht_961169.html

...and against Wolfsburg:
http://transfermarkt.de/en/fc-fulhamvfl-wolfsburg/index/spielbericht_1003671.html

Now which one of them is stronger?
As far as I can see Fulham cares.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)