FML, Champions League 2009/2010 FML (6 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's not the only reason, Osman. The Allsvenska winner tends to sell a lot of its players and thus become weaker. Elm brothers are good but they cannot carry Kalmar to the next level in Europe.

Hopefully FCK goes through to the group stages and get drawn with Juventus in the same group.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know, the fact they need to sell after tiny success is something that gets worse and worse every year. And is a sign of the decline, or more like this permanent state of meagre level. Footballing wise, Sweden have the capability, they just dont run football to the needed professional level (I mean Denmark used to in similar leve, but now are catching up to the Dutch and Portuguese league in overall stature).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I like how IFK are taking this season, a lot of new players that don't cost much and if they win, they won't have to sell. Plus the players will still be young and not demand a bigger move.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It depends on a few teams, if they all qualify we'll be in 3. If some but not all, I don't know how many exactly we end up in 2.

Ask Alen, he has a post about it.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
The bianconeri have been inserted in the third urn with the highest coefficient meaning that they can progress to the second urn if Arsenal, Lyon, Shakhtar or Sporting is eliminated in the preliminaries. The group phase will begin on the 15th and 16th of September while the final will be played at the Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid on the 22nd of May 2010.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
It would be oh so sweet if we could meet real in their backyard come may & trounce all over them like the group stages last season.

Mar 10, 2009
I just dont want an english team to win it, and for the love of god can we have an italian team knocking out an english team , without it being ac milan for once ?

I don't think there has been an italian team thats knocked out a premir league team since 99 , that wasn't ac milan. Theres only so much of "ibrahimovic is crap and only scores a lot because hes in an average league" and "rooney is the best forward in the world" or dailly mails: "serie a is a retirement home". Seriously anyone but and english team and i'll be over the moon

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #69
    The bianconeri have been inserted in the third urn with the highest coefficient meaning that they can progress to the second urn if Arsenal, Lyon, Shakhtar or Sporting is eliminated in the preliminaries. The group phase will begin on the 15th and 16th of September while the final will be played at the Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid on the 22nd of May 2010.
    Yes, in order to be placed in pot 2 we need at least one of these 4 to be eliminated in the qualifiers.

Btw, there will be seeded teams in the draw for the last round of the qualifiers so these 4 teams can't be drawn against eachother. That's a shame.
    If Shakhtar and Sporting pass the 1st qualifying round (Shakhtar plays against the Romanian runner-ups Timisoara while Sporting plays against Twente) then they, together with Arsenal, Lion and Panathinaicos will be seeded in the draw.
    Fiorentina, Stuttgart, Atletiko Madrid and two more teams (two of Celtic, Dinamo Moscow, Anderlecht and Sivasspor) won't be seeded.

Our hope for the second pot will be one of Fiorentina, Atletiko, Stuttgart etc to eliminate one of Shakhtar, Sporting, Arsenal and Lion.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #70
    Oh, and pot 2 is very very important.

If we're in pot 3 we risk getting a group with Manchester and Real Madrid.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Kalmar lost to Debrecen, swedish clubs level is just gets sadder and sadder :p
    I watched the game & it's mindboggling that Kalmar lost as they could have easily won by 5 goals. Blame it on their strikers.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    UEFA Champions League third qualifying round
    Non-Champions Path draw

1 AC Sparta Praha (CZE) v Panathinaikos FC (GRE)
    2 FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) v FC Timişoara (ROU)
    3 Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v FC Twente (NED)
    4 Celtic FC (SCO) v FC Dinamo Moskva (RUS)
    5 RSC Anderlecht (BEL) v Sivasspor (TUR)

The 5 winners go to the final round where Arsenal, Atletiko Madrid, Fiorentina, Stuttgart and Lyon are waiting.
    wow...tough luck for timisoara..

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #74
    we can handle that :D ..
    1. Manchester United/ Chelsea/ Liverpool
    2. Real Madrid
    3. Juventus
    4. Wolfsburg

We can get such group if we're in pot 3. :D

Of course, being in pot 2 won't guarantee an easy group. We can get:

2. Juventus
    3. Atletico Madrid
    4. Wolfsburg

The difference is Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid.

Jul 26, 2007
    2. Real Madrid
    3. Juventus
    4. Wolfsburg

We can get such group if we're in pot 3. :D

Of course, being in pot 2 won't guarantee an easy group. We can get:

2. Juventus
    3. Atletico Madrid
    4. Wolfsburg

The difference is Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid.
    We musnt forget that we are one heck of a team now. Other squads will not be happy to face us thats for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)