FML, Champions League 2009/2010 FML (14 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Non-Champions Route
1. Olympique Lyonnais - Anderlecht
2. Celtic -Arsenal
3. FC Timişoara- VfB Stuttgart
4. Sporting - Fiorentina
5. Panathinaikos - Atlético de Madrid

Champions Route
1. FC Sheriff - Olympiacos
2. FC Salzburg - Maccabi Haifa
3. FK Ventspils - FC Zürich
4. FC København - APOEL FC
5. Levski Sofia - Debreceni
Idiotic Dinamo.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #243
    Bye bye fiorentina, see you next year :claire:
    You think so?

From what i could read, Sporting are in dreadful form. They were weak in the friendlies and they needed a 95th minute owngoal to eliminate Twente. Even more, Twente were playing without Braafheid (sold to Bayern) , Arnautovic (Inter) and Elia (Hamburg), who were Twente's best players last season.

In the first match against Twente, Sporting were completely dominated until twente keeper was sent out.

Name-wise they are strong and you can see some well known names in Sporting's squad (Moutinho, Liedson, Postiga, Veloso, Matias Fernandez, Caicedo, Vukcevic, Rochemback, Izmailov, Anderson Polga) but the reports say that nothing really works for them right now, and especially the defense looks vulnerable.

Fiorentina lost Melo, but with Mutu, Gilardino and Jovetic, they will create lots of problems to Sporting's vulnerable defense.
    Frey, Gamberini, Vargas, Montolivo, Santana, and even Marchionni [:p] are another guarantee that Sporting will have tough job in this round.

Imo Fiorentina are slight favorites here.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I can't wait for Arsenal to teach Celtic a lesson.

Also, we play Celtic three days before the first leg, so hopefully they won't be properly focused when we play them.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    That's right, you distract them by bringing mirrors and reflecting sunlight into their eyes muahahaha.
    :lol2:

Even if it was a sunny day, it would probably last about only 20 minutes before the haar enveloped the stadium (since it's only about 700 yards from the sea).

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Non-Champions Route
    1. Olympique Lyonnais - Anderlecht
    2. Celtic -Arsenal
    3. FC Timişoara- VfB Stuttgart
    4. Sporting - Fiorentina
    5. Panathinaikos - Atlético de Madrid

Champions Route
    1. FC Sheriff - Olympiacos
    2. FC Salzburg - Maccabi Haifa
    3. FK Ventspils - FC Zürich
    4. FC København - APOEL FC
    5. Levski Sofia - Debreceni
    Forza Sporting!! I only feel sorry for Anderlecht, I watched their home match against Sivasspor, and that was a nice football, worth to see in CL, pity!

So teams from the weaker leagues will have better chances to play Champions League.

That is one of Platini's projects and i like it.
    This subject seems we will never agree on :D

Sure these helps small teams qualify, but they will only qualify because they only played against small teams, while Anderlecht who is much much better than these 5 teams who will qualify , will probably disqualify because of this system, same goes for Panathinaikos or Celtic. These teams offer good football for CL, but are the victims of Platini's project!!

I say if you want to help the small teams, then give less automatic qualifications, make it 16 or even less, maximum 2 of each countries should take the automatic qualification.

These small teams will only get raped, while the teams like Anderlecht, Sporting or Panathinaikos could have eliminated the bigs, and qualify to the next round, in other words, the stronger the league could have been..

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #253
    This subject seems we will never agree on :D

Sure these helps small teams qualify, but they will only qualify because they only played against small teams, while Anderlecht who is much much better than these 5 teams who will qualify , will probably disqualify because of this system, same goes for Panathinaikos or Celtic. These teams offer good football for CL, but are the victims of Platini's project!!

I say if you want to help the small teams, then give less automatic qualifications, make it 16 or even less, maximum 2 of each countries should take the automatic qualification.

These small teams will only get raped, while the teams like Anderlecht, Sporting or Panathinaikos could have eliminated the bigs, and qualify to the next round, in other words, the stronger the league could have been..
    I like it only because the champion of my country stands stronger chance to qualify for the CL. I really don't care about seeing other teams from smaller leagues and there is absolutely no reason why i'd like them to play in CL.

So, personally i don't really care if it's Anderlecht or Levski that plays in CL.

But if i think about it, then it's really a noble idea.
    Anderlecht are now stronger than, lets say, Red Star Belgrade. But if Red Star, using this system that favors the weaker leagues, makes it to the CL 2-3 times in a row, and get the CL money that mean everything to these smaller teams, then they won't be forced to sell players like Stankovic, Vidic etc when they are very young, they will be able to keep them (and only later sell them for a much higher price) and in 3-4 years they will be just as strong as Anderlecht or Panathinaikos are now.

If they don't make it to CL, then the gap between them and the other teams from the stronger leagues will only become bigger and bigger.

The problem is that by favoring Red Star and Levski, and making them stronger, you make Anderlecht and Panathinaikos weaker, so after 5 years the situation will be reversed and you and I will say: "Why should Anderlecht have an easy way to the CL while much better teams like Red Star and Levski get much harder opponents and miss out on the CL...."

It's complicated and a little fucked up.

But Anderlecht and Panathinaikos come from richer countries so i'm guessing they can get over it easier than teams from Eastern Europe can.

Bah, Platini and his partners probably gave a lot of thought into this so i hope they know what they're doing.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    That's a sig material :juventus:
    loves ya snoopz

but in a manly way:shifty:
    So teams from the weaker leagues will have better chances to play Champions League.

That is one of Platini's projects and i like it.
    it is a good idea and should hopefully help end the monopoly to a lesser extent, though i would be more in favour of only 1 direct qualifier (2 at a push) from the top leagues and a similar play-off system involving ALL the non-champions

look on the brightside,garaunted Europs league football:sergio:

:lol2:

Even if it was a sunny day, it would probably last about only 20 minutes before the haar enveloped the stadium (since it's only about 700 yards from the sea).
    fuck the haar, its those psychic seagulls that amaze me, you always see them on the highlights right before a goal

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I like it only because the champion of my country stands stronger chance to qualify for the CL. I really don't care about seeing other teams from smaller leagues and there is absolutely no reason why i'd like them to play in CL.

So, personally i don't really care if it's Anderlecht or Levski that plays in CL.

But if i think about it, then it's really a noble idea.
    Anderlecht are now stronger than, lets say, Red Star Belgrade. But if Red Star, using this system that favors the weaker leagues, makes it to the CL 2-3 times in a row, and get the CL money that mean everything to these smaller teams, then they won't be forced to sell players like Stankovic, Vidic etc when they are very young, they will be able to keep them (and only later sell them for a much higher price) and in 3-4 years they will be just as strong as Anderlecht or Panathinaikos are now.

If they don't make it to CL, then the gap between them and the other teams from the stronger leagues will only become bigger and bigger.

The problem is that by favoring Red Star and Levski, and making them stronger, you make Anderlecht and Panathinaikos weaker, so after 5 years the situation will be reversed and you and I will say: "Why should Anderlecht have an easy way to the CL while much better teams like Red Star and Levski get much harder opponents and miss out on the CL...."

It's complicated and a little fucked up.

But Anderlecht and Panathinaikos come from richer countries so i'm guessing they can get over it easier than teams from Eastern Europe can.

Bah, Platini and his partners probably gave a lot of thought into this so i hope they know what they're doing.
    You have a valid point too, that "poorer" countries will get stronger this way. Good for them but they will probably become average and even below average at most.

It is indeed complicated and hard to satisfy all, but it is really shame to see Panathinaikos and Sporting and the likes who made second stages last year going out this way. They will get weaker, specially Anderlecht, did they lose to Liverpool last season on qualification? (or am I mixing teams now).

Anyway It is hard to satisfy everyone, but imo, they should make the league as strong as possible, and to be honest, the best way to help the poor teams is to reduce these ridiculous bonuses of CL, and increase the ones of Europa League, Platini should work on that, he should strengthen the poor teams through Europa league without touching the quality of CL. If they reduce these bonuses, maybe huge teams will stop spending crazily like it is the case these days, they will find the money from somehwere anyway, while if that bonuses shared/balanced by adding it to Europa league teams, they will be stronger..

I miss the Balkan football's good old days too. The problem is the more success of these small clubs, the bigger chance is to sell more of their players, just like the case of Ajax or French teams. Football became a business world, Directors should try their best to keep the great youth products in their hands..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Anyway It is hard to satisfy everyone, but imo, they should make the league as strong as possible, and to be honest, the best way to help the poor teams is to reduce these ridiculous bonuses of CL, and increase the ones of Europa League, Platini should work on that, he should strengthen the poor teams through Europa league without touching the quality of CL. If they reduce these bonuses, maybe huge teams will stop spending crazily like it is the case these days, they will find the money from somehwere anyway, while if that bonuses shared/balanced by adding it to Europa league teams, they will be stronger..
    The problem is that these bonuses are far along justified. Based on the attraction value of big clubs vs tiny ones with virtually no following outside the domestic scene. Should Red Star get the revenue generated by the interest in Atletico or Sporting? That doesn't make much sense.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    loves ya snoopz

but in a manly way:shifty:
    I love everything is manly about you :toast:

it is a good idea and should hopefully help end the monopoly to a lesser extent, though i would be more in favour of only 1 direct qualifier (2 at a push) from the top leagues and a similar play-off system involving ALL the non-champions

Exactly! I hate the fact that 3rd teams of Top leagues are qualifying directly without even farting :mad: That's not fair at all..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    The problem is that these bonuses are far along justified. Based on the attraction value of big clubs vs tiny ones with virtually no following outside the domestic scene. Should Red Star get the revenue generated by the interest in Atletico or Sporting? That doesn't make much sense.
    Martin the bonuses are sooo huge, I don't know where it reached last time. Sometimes over 50 Millions, that's crazy. This great teams are collecting these money, and spending them on one player. We have teams who reach the second stages with 10 million budget, and we have teams who are struggling to qualify because of their 1-5 million budget. And most of them play in UEFA. The bonuses are getting higher and higher, and the wages are flying high. These days it's normal for a player to have 10 million euro of annual income. 10 million fuckin euros.. Give that to small teams, and they can buy a whole new team..

If the bonuses gets lower, Real Madrid will think 100 times before spending 200 + million on players in 2 months.. Plus they have much other ways to make money, look at their ticket prices, they fill above 50 000 fans each match.. This will give no harm to great teams at all..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)