Flamini (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
everyone screeming for a 'free transfer' has no idea about how the transfer market goes. There is no 'free transfer' otherwise even albinoleffe could buy flamini. To get flamini, you have to pull out your wallet and PAY! don't you think berlusconi could promise mister flamini and his manager some 'bonus' if he goes to milan. Milan just have that cash-flow we don't really have. And if flamini needs to be paid 4 mio/year, he can go wherever he wants.
And 'if he doesn't make an impact, sell him in january' isn't very smart either. Either you have a plan, and you want to build a team, or you don't. you can't just 'collect' players and then sort them out one by one. If we aren't sure he'll bring us forward, then why bring him. That's idiotic. If you want to wait and see IF he helps us, well by that time, we'll be behind our competition, and everyone knows how difficult it is to sell a player in january (for a reasonable price) let alone to find a replacement for him.
so don't get mad if he goes to milan. If we're really pointing to aquilani or so, i'd be more than happy if milan trash their cash for him

Buy on AliExpress.com

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
everyone screeming for a 'free transfer' has no idea about how the transfer market goes. There is no 'free transfer' otherwise even albinoleffe could buy flamini. To get flamini, you have to pull out your wallet and PAY! don't you think berlusconi could promise mister flamini and his manager some 'bonus' if he goes to milan.
Relatively how large do you think the difference is between a sign on fee of 5 mill for Flamini or a transfer fee of minimum 15 mill?

i understand and support your argument that teams must not pick up players they are unsure of just for the sake of having that player. I do hope however that our team does snap up young upcoming talent with quality to enable this team to be a serious force to be reckoned with.

We've got to trim down the age of our team considerably and I don't see Zanetti as a starter next season despite how excellent his passes and defensive prowess were this season, we need more pace to keep up in the CL.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Relatively how large do you think the difference is between a sign on fee of 5 mill for Flamini or a transfer fee of minimum 15 mill?

i understand and support your argument that teams must not pick up players they are unsure of just for the sake of having that player. I do hope however that our team does snap up young upcoming talent with quality to enable this team to be a serious force to be reckoned with.

We've got to trim down the age of our team considerably and I don't see Zanetti as a starter next season despite how excellent his passes and defensive prowess were this season, we need more pace to keep up in the CL.
well it's not only the sign on fee. It's that we would have to pay someone an exagerated wage to persuade him. I don't think that anyone at juve got 4 mio in his first season he played for us. I don't know what wages we pay, but if you start signing people for that amount, then you soon have to pay everyone that amount...

But it's not that i'm totally against this signing. I mean flamini did a good season, he's young, he's confident... But then again, flamini is not the saviour! I mean he pays in a position we don't even play with. Ok, this is not the problem, because as i already said, i'd be in favour of a CM (aquilani-thread). Still, flamini is not first priority, and honestly, if we could get aquilani for a reasonable transfer-fee and then pay him 2 or max 2.5 mio per season, i'd be happier. You never know what an impact flamini makes in serie-a. he could as well flop. Why didn't anybody talk about him before? If he were to join us last season, everyone would have said no. This is like his first season where he really is impressive. And then, he plays with the likes of fabregas, eboue, ... on his side. I don't know. We probably don't have to talk about him anymore since he stated he'll join milan, but imo, this is not that bad for us

as for zanetti; of course he won't be a starter, sissoko will be. And to be honest, i don't think sisso will ever get tired :) No seriously, sisso as the regular starter, and then zanetti as a backup is fine to me (we don't know about noce). Zanetti may be old, but he still delivers some really good passes and he isn't that slow either... both good options. One more destructive and fast, the other more creative.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
everyone screeming for a 'free transfer' has no idea about how the transfer market goes. There is no 'free transfer' otherwise even albinoleffe could buy flamini. To get flamini, you have to pull out your wallet and PAY! don't you think berlusconi could promise mister flamini and his manager some 'bonus' if he goes to milan. Milan just have that cash-flow we don't really have. And if flamini needs to be paid 4 mio/year, he can go wherever he wants.
And 'if he doesn't make an impact, sell him in january' isn't very smart either. Either you have a plan, and you want to build a team, or you don't. you can't just 'collect' players and then sort them out one by one. If we aren't sure he'll bring us forward, then why bring him. That's idiotic. If you want to wait and see IF he helps us, well by that time, we'll be behind our competition, and everyone knows how difficult it is to sell a player in january (for a reasonable price) let alone to find a replacement for him.
so don't get mad if he goes to milan. If we're really pointing to aquilani or so, i'd be more than happy if milan trash their cash for him
top post! :tup:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
He's off to Milan folks.

And with that kind of wages for a player who is not proven in Serie A, Juventus will self-destruct if every player does the same thing.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Agreed . :agree:

He's off to Milan folks.

And with that kind of wages for a player who is not proven in Serie A, Juventus will self-destruct if every player does the same thing.

you are great , Fweenss :D

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Flamini Demanding Sky-High Wages For Gunners Stay

Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is almost certain to leave on a free transfer this summer, insisting the Gunners must match the £144,000 per week currently tabled by Milan to persuade him to stay...

This astonishing wage demand reported by the Daily Mail would make the tireless midfielder one of the most well-paid players in the world. It would also surely signal the end for the player's time at Arsenal, who are notoriously stringent with their wage structure.

Italian giants Milan are able to table such high sums in wages due to no transfer fee being paid to the club for the Frenchman, as his contract expires at the end of this season.

It has been a long-running saga in which Italian rivals Juventus had long led the way, but Milan, seeking reinforcements for the aging Gennaro Gattuso and Massimo Ambrosini, look like they may have pipped the Old Lady to the 24-year-old.

Manager Arsene Wenger had previously set a deadline of the end of April for Flamini to decide on his future, but has now given him extra time - reportedly, until Monday morning - to make his decision.

Regarding the saga, Wenger insists the player wants to stay - so it could well be the agent engineering the move - but ultimately, the club looks unlikely to meet his demands.

"Mathieu could answer the question on his future much better than I could," sighed Wenger. "At the moment, we have no news from him but, at the latest, we expect it to be decided over the weekend.

"He tells me he wants to stay and I want him to stay, but it will be down to numbers as well and we want to respect our wage structure. It is also important to keep the core of the team together."

Flamini was signed by Arsenal on a free from his hometown club, Marseille, in 2004.

Chet Winter, Goal.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I doubt his wage demands are quite that high.

However, he is not worth that. Secco is right not to break the wage structure.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
You may have a point actually. He is used to playing a more liquid type of football at Arsenal and may have difficulties physically in serie A. However, if he can adapt to serie A well, he can probably be very good for Milan.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
as for zanetti; of course he won't be a starter, sissoko will be. And to be honest, i don't think sisso will ever get tired :) No seriously, sisso as the regular starter, and then zanetti as a backup is fine to me (we don't know about noce). Zanetti may be old, but he still delivers some really good passes and he isn't that slow either... both good options. One more destructive and fast, the other more creative.
And who will play alongside Sissoko?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)