Fire Chimenti (1 Viewer)

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
I was as many others here very happy when we got Chimenti last season as a back up for the remarkable GIGI 'Grandista' Buffon

But as time has elapsed I have seen him only get more and more usless, he is not a Good Second Choice IHMO
he is not that Second choice GKP that puts in those great performances when called upon

don't get me wrong he was great as a first choice but with so much time on the bench I don't think he has handled it well when Buffon has been suspended/injured or just tired Chimenti has gone in and always IMO made a hash of things

Both against Basel and Man U (the two last games I seen him in) He was very bad, Against Man U he let in 3goals in 45min (when was the last time Gigi did this) also when running out to grab a easy ball he fumbled it right into the path of oncoming Forlan who only missed the open goal because of utter shock and surprise at how clumsy Chimenti was.

Don't get me wrong I am not asking him to be Buffon
I just want him to have the standard
Rampulla had at Juve
or Ballotta at Lazio (when coming on)

I think his last performances are a clear show that should invest the bench time in young promising Landry Bonnefoi or we risk losing him like we did with Carini and Isaksson
(Both Carini and Isaksson are currently n1's for their NTs at a very young age)

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I think too that Chimenti is not a reliable sub to Buffon.
he might have some great saves, but too many errors as well.
he didn't play against Basel but I think you mean Dynamo Kiev. indeed he had a terrible mistake in that game

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I am disappointed in Chimenti. Everyone seemed confident he was up to it when we got him but I had doubts seeing some of the goals that were scored against Lecce.

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    I am disappointed in Chimenti. Everyone seemed confident he was up to it when we got him but I had doubts seeing some of the goals that were scored against Lecce.
    are you thinking about the 6goal whipping they got from INter?

I guess Fire might be a bit strong a word
    But it would be nice to say loan him out to some Italian team like Perugia, Chievo or Reggina inexchange for a full ownership of one of our partowned players....

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++

he didn't play against Basel but I think you mean Dynamo Kiev. indeed he had a terrible mistake in that game
    The Last phase 2 game I am 100% certain he played
    It was against Basel and we lost since we had already secured advancement,

He played cause I remember helping out this Peruvian under21 player (who I had been following at the time)
    To help him out with his CL Fantasy Football Team on Uefa.com

So I told him to put in Landry Bonnefoi in goal since Juve looked sure to rest Buffon instead Chimenti played and the Peruvian was not all that thrilled with my expertise advice

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++

Both against Basel and Man U (the two last games I seen him in) He was very bad, Against Man U he let in 3goals in 45min (when was the last time Gigi did this) also when running out to grab a easy ball he fumbled it right into the path of oncoming Forlan who only missed the open goal because of utter shock and surprise at how clumsy Chimenti was.
    Where did get that from....Chimenti played only in Man Utd CL first leg.And the match ended 2-1.so from where did you get that 3 goals.......do you mean the 4-1 match in the american tour.:undecide::confused:

I agree with you that he was disappointing, I miss carini he was the perfect backup when called upon.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002

The Last phase 2 game I am 100% certain he played
    It was against Basel and we lost since we had already secured advancement,
    No, it was Buffon who played that match.

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Dark Soul
    Buffon played first 45min in America let in 1goal
    Chimenti played second half let in 3 and almost 4 in 45min

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

He played cause I remember helping out this Peruvian under21 player (who I had been following at the time)
    To help him out with his CL Fantasy Football Team on Uefa.com

So I told him to put in Landry Bonnefoi in goal since Juve looked sure to rest Buffon instead Chimenti played and the Peruvian was not all that thrilled with my expertise advice
    i'm telling you, it wasn't Chimenti it was Buffon, and i'm 100% positive

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    to my very bad memory, Chementi only played in the CL against Dynamo. K and Man U. And yes i don't feel much 'reassurance' when Chementi plays.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Oh leave him alone you bullies .What do you expect from a backup keeper, some kind of perfectly reliable superkeeper that saves every shot?

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Oh leave him alone you bullies .What do you expect from a backup keeper, some kind of perfectly reliable superkeeper that saves every shot?
    no, but at least a keeper that doesn't do so many mistakes

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Rampulla.. :D

Jul 19, 2003
    Dark Soul
    Buffon played first 45min in America let in 1goal
    Chimenti played second half let in 3 and almost 4 in 45min
    Yeah......and neither Buffon nor Chimenti were responsible for any goals scored against them in that game.

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

Yeah......and neither Buffon nor Chimenti were responsible for any goals scored against them in that game.
    BULLSHEEET!

Both the 0-3 and 1-4 were mistakes that could of been avoided had Buffon stayed in Goal instead we got humilated (again)
    by the team I hate

And I am not asking for a super gkp just one that is availble to perform well while spending the most part of the season 'rotting' (to use Eriks pleasant phtase :D ) away on the bench

Carini was this Rampulla was this Ballotta was this
    Marcelgiani wasn't
    And I want to see if Bonnefoi will be able to

Jul 19, 2003
    Really........what about Ryan Giggs' last year's dismantling of our defence.....was Buffon to blame then also?

In what goal exactly in the 1-4 defeat did Buffon carry the responsibility? Actually, it's the 2 goals in the 2-2 game against Barca that he was responsible for.

I've never seen Chimenti play before.....I'm only judging by the Champions World Series.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Fire Chimenti and then what? Get Carini to rot away at our bench?
    We could get any number of different players:

Alex Manniger
    Pagliuca
    so on and so forth, but I don't see the point really. It's not as if Buffon is injury proned or anything...

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    I don't expect him to perform miracles, but 'a lot of terrible mistakes' is exactly what is not wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)