Fire Chimenti (1 Viewer)

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Antionioli wouldn't except a place on the bench if you ask me. Remember how he refused to go to the WC2002 because he didn't feel like sitting on the bench four weeks long?
that's destiny, Buffon is better ;)

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
well the reason is that Buffon is one of the best so any sub goalkeepers including Chimenti or Carini would never got the chance to show off.

same also happens in the Italia NT where Trap will never use someone else except Buffon. Toldo also will never got the chance though.

but that doesnt means if he a sub then he must not be good. I mean Chimenti often made mistakes when he was given the chance. we need someone who can make the job done at least, if Buffon is getting injured or something.. suspension.

Whisper

May 17, 2003
i think tonight, in the moretti cup, it's official!!
CHIMENTI SUX!!
the way he handled the ball when it was sent to him and the goal he was practiaclly responible for...
PLZ,,, just LEAVE!

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #65
    I couldn't care less about Carini and Isaksson carrear goals

The Point is Juve needs a good second and we don't have that now
    unless Bonnefoi prooves to be this...

I think if he is up for he should just take Chimenti's place without no other replacement

and don't get me started on players not accepting the bench in ACMilan they have 2gkp who are both considered supberb and they both accept the bench for longer periods of time....

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    Chimenti made 2 hideous mistakes before the goal, one where he gave away the corner after a few seconds, then that pathetic attempt to keep the header out, all of this in the space of the first minute.

I have little confidence in him, I understand it's not an easy job, but he's not up to it.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
    and don't get me started on players not accepting the bench in ACMilan they have 2gkp who are both considered supberb and they both accept the bench for longer periods of time....
    They don't accept it..they have no choice!

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #68
    Well
    if they have no choice they have to accept it!

Its the same thing....

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I thought signing Chimenti from Lecce was a good move for us after we set Carini free .. but he has shown a very poor form lately and I kind of agree with some members who believe that he is somehow not good enough to be our 2nd choice GK behind Buffon .. he failed nearly everytime Lippi gave him a chance ..

Looking at the market I think the easiest player to sign in Italy would be a GK .. there aro too many good ones !!

I think Udinese's Morgan De Santis had a superb season and I'm a big fan of his .. he also has Buffon's style in closing-in on strikers in a one-on-one situation without really giving them a chance to shoot .. he is also good in the air .. However, if De Santis doesn't like the Juve bench then maybe Luigi Turci would be a good choice as he currently is Sampdoria's second GK behind Antinioli and we were linked with him when he used to be Udinese's GK .. he has Toldo's style going on .. very good in the air and strong shots but not as good in one-on-ones ..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yes, De Santis would be a good choice indeed. As would say Taibi IMO. He's had his share of awful misstakes (remember the goal when he was playing for Man Utd), but he has also had his share of superb saves.

He's better than Chimenti in any case.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Taibi was never consistent .. He had a good time with Reginna but still made some stupid mistakes here and there .. some of them were too obvious and Barthez-like, so I'd prefer a more solid GK ..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    He's brilliant at times which is more than we could say for Chimenti, and as for misstakes... well, there's no way he'd be worse than Chimeniti :D

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    NOooo....Taibi...:scared:.......in this case i'll stick with Chementi. It's not the main issue to get a 2nd Gk for his occasional brillantness but more for consistency/relaibility. If u want brillance/consistency and realibility...that would be the 1st gk. No? :)

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    He's brilliant at times which is more than we could say for Chimenti, and as for misstakes... well, there's no way he'd be worse than Chimeniti :D
    He might be slightly better than Chimenti .. but there are much more better GKs in Italy that would make a better choice, why look at Taibi ??

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Well as far as we're looking at reserve keepers, Atalanta got relegated so he'd probably accept a move back to Serie A with the chance to play CL matches for lower wages + hes kinda old so he wouldnt be expensive.

Thats the only reason. Hell if I could shose I'd take Frey to sit on the bench :D

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
    Well
    if they have no choice they have to accept it!

Its the same thing....
    thing is he'd actually have to MOVE here away from his settled life in Rome..and for what? Exactly the same, a sub, and with even less chance of playing matches

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #80
    Yea but here he gets to play for

La Campioni DI Italia

and not for PEtso Di Merda Sensi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)