Fiore: Camoranesi should go (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Fiore: Camoranesi should go
Saturday 12 June, 2004

Another row has broken out in the Azzurri camp after Stefano Fiore criticised Mauro Camoranesi’s decision to play for Italy.

“In my opinion,” said the Lazio midfielder, “a player should think only of wearing the jersey of his own country. Italy has enough stars to cover every role and we have no need to look elsewhere.”

This is not the first time that Fiore has come out to condemn Camoranesi’s decision to play for Italy, even though he was born in Argentina.

The Juventus man qualifies for Giovanni Trapattoni’s squad due to Italian great grandparents and only made the choice after Argentina failed to call him for international duty.

Fiore has a vested interest in this situation, as he has been pushed out of the starting eleven by Camoranesi. He was also far from impressed with suggestions Trap will give everyone a chance to shine by making massive changes for the third and final qualifying game against Bulgaria.

“To play the third match when we’re already qualified,” sniped Fiore, “would be nothing short of humiliating. I am nobody’s reserve. I don’t ask for explanations, so all I can do is try to change Trapattoni’s mind.”

The 29-year-old has impressed at Lazio this season, but Trap has chosen to stick with Camoranesi for tactical reasons.

“I didn’t come to Portugal for a holiday,” he continued. “If I’m on the bench then I’ll be disappointed, as until I see the official team sheet I will maintain hope of being in there.

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I don't really like cry-babies, but he does have a point. Fiore should sit down, take a deep breat and relax, Trap is the coach and although that doesn't say all that much one it does ... unexplainable decisions.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Bastard...

This is the last thing Italy needs...

They must be united and they must understand that some players will have to stay on the bench.

Who the hell is Fiore anyway? He's not even a star or something...

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
I'm sorry but what a fag. I used have respect for this guy, but he is taking stuff to the next level. If you wanna act like that, don't accept the offer to go to Portugal. I'm sure Micolli would have appreciated the call much more.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
If he's better than Camoranesi then he should be there. But it isnt his problem if Camoranesi wants to play for Italy or Argentina or whoever

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Have you realized how Figo doesn't like Deco playing for Portgual and Fiore doesnt like Camo playing for Italy. Why do you wonder? They fear these players could take the fame and spotlight away from them. Low sef-esteem bastards...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
Have you realized how Figo doesn't like Deco playing for Portgual and Fiore doesnt like Camo playing for Italy. Why do you wonder? They fear these players could take the fame and spotlight away from them. Low sef-esteem bastards...
Yeah, especially with Rui Costa it seems. Why he started ahead of Deco today I will never know.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Just wondering if this is just unnecessary fuzz created by media or are the players already trying to destroy the team before the first match:confused:

I actually thought it would have been Cassano who'd be the one to start these things.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I figured it would be Cassano too... I guess Totti is keeping him quiet..............

Fiore should keep his mouth SHUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nina, what point does he have ???????????????

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++

dont forget sellfish. man why do this guys spreaf this rumours at this moment. its stupid. team work is very important on this occasions.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I really didn't wait this from Fiore .... We have to concentrate , now i vet Camo will feel the pressure on him ... why he has to say these kind of BS....he runs so slow this bastard , and am happy with trap dicision..... Forza camo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)