Fiore: Camoranesi should go (1 Viewer)

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
Have you realized how Figo doesn't like Deco playing for Portgual and Fiore doesnt like Camo playing for Italy. Why do you wonder? They fear these players could take the fame and spotlight away from them. Low sef-esteem bastards...
I agree with you...They are afraid of these players....Figo fears that Deco might take his place (though Figo said this would be his last apeearance with the national team)....Fiore feels the same towards Camo

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

interesting to see who trap is gonna start now.
Trap is an idiot if he start Fiore above Camo. this will show how indecisive he is. All other subs players will moan to be placed on first team, such as Cassano,Pirlo, Gattuso, etc...

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
Camo's perfomance in NT is consistently good. he even scored goals..Fiore is afraid that he will end the Euro 2004 campaign without playing a single game...loser...
And If Camo played well in the first 2 games (if he played) then Fiore won't play ever in this tournment

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Fiore: Camoranesi should go
Saturday 12 June, 2004

Another row has broken out in the Azzurri camp after Stefano Fiore criticised Mauro Camoranesi’s decision to play for Italy.

“In my opinion,” said the Lazio midfielder, “a player should think only of wearing the jersey of his own country. Italy has enough stars to cover every role and we have no need to look elsewhere.”

This is not the first time that Fiore has come out to condemn Camoranesi’s decision to play for Italy, even though he was born in Argentina.

The Juventus man qualifies for Giovanni Trapattoni’s squad due to Italian great grandparents and only made the choice after Argentina failed to call him for international duty.

Fiore has a vested interest in this situation, as he has been pushed out of the starting eleven by Camoranesi. He was also far from impressed with suggestions Trap will give everyone a chance to shine by making massive changes for the third and final qualifying game against Bulgaria.

“To play the third match when we’re already qualified,” sniped Fiore, “would be nothing short of humiliating. I am nobody’s reserve. I don’t ask for explanations, so all I can do is try to change Trapattoni’s mind.”

The 29-year-old has impressed at Lazio this season, but Trap has chosen to stick with Camoranesi for tactical reasons.

“I didn’t come to Portugal for a holiday,” he continued. “If I’m on the bench then I’ll be disappointed, as until I see the official team sheet I will maintain hope of being in there.

Football Italia
The first statement he made is SPOT ON. Firstly, Camoranesi is NOT Italian. We have more than enough talent and don't have to look elsewhere ESPECIALLY in midfield. Camoranesi is from Argentina NOT Italy and should have exhausted his resources for his country of birth and of his upbrining. What is the point if one has the option of playing for either/or. Americans and Canadians can try for England, France, Italy, Greece, etc?? By that rationale these nations would not have any real citizens. It is no surprise that America is made up of Irish, Italians, English, etc. However, they gave their blood and made their life in America while still being proud of their heritage.
That was an odd decision from the start and I still don't understand WHY we needed a foreigner to play for Italy. Especially one like Camoranesi who has been on/off his game.
Whatever...in my opinion I think Fiore is right and many on the team do but don't want to say it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, its not like Camoranesi just walked in Trap's office and said, "damnit, I want to play for Italy". Supposedly Trap came knocking on Camo's door, and wanted him to try out as an Italian. So maybe Fiore should be more ticked off at his coach.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Camoranesi counting down
by Paolo Menicucci from Lisbon (source Euro 2004 official site)

Argentinian-born Mauro Camoranesi cannot wait to represent his adopted Italy at UEFA EURO 2004™. "It will be an unforgettable moment in my life," said the right midfield player.

'Totally committed'
Camoranesi first donned the Azzurri shirt in February 2003 for a 1-0 friendly defeat of Portugal, and is likely to get a first taste of tournament football against Denmark on Monday. "I'm totally committed to this team and will do everything to help us win the competition," he said. "If we manage to do so I'll be the happiest man in the world."

Totti praised
The Juventus FC player believes his countrymen have the armoury to advance from Group C and beyond. "Our mission is to succeed and we are among the favourites to do so. We have one of the strongest defences in the world; in midfield we have players who can win the ball and distribute it; in attack we have several great players - Francesco Totti can spark us with his creativity."

'Competition is normal'
Camoranesi is competing directly with Stefano Fiore for the right-midfield slot, and should edge the S.S. Lazio man on to the bench. However, he was keen to stress, taking into account recent reports, that the rivalry was a friendly one. "I don't understand the controversy," said the 27-year-old. "We are a 23-man squad who all want to play, competition is normal and there's no problem."

Training match
Having been unable to train yesterday due to searing temperatures in Lisbon, the Azzurri play a practice match against a youth team from CF Os Belenenses this afternoon.

-S-

Aug 1, 2003
why is it such a bother ? for e.g deco. the dude has stayed in portugal since 1997, and is one hell of a player. yes he's brazilian etc, but IMO if he has the heart and fell in love with portugal instead it doesn't make him any less 'portuguese' just because portuguese blood doesn't run in his body. I'm not saying that all foreigners should play for their fav countries but when it comes to situation like deco's, it shouldn't be such a big deal, geez

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
cry baby :LOL:

Well most of the members in this topic, are yes.

I wonder if they even read the article, instead of only the title.
This thing has been blown so much out of context by the media, channel4 and JUVENTUZ.COM. Really you guys are unbeleivable, typical fanboys:

"OMGZ WTF FIOAREA#@% SUKCZZZZ OMFWtfA CAMORAPONESI RULZZZZZZZ!!!!!11111 "

(for those who don't get it: It was an imitation)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
If I were Trap, I would send this pisser home. Who the fvck does he think he is??? this is just bringing tension into the team, and this is not needed!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I was born in Australia and I've lived here for 20 years.

Both of my parents are Korean and I speak the language fluently.

Would it be a disgrace for me to play for either country?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Its funny, but I agree! Camo had some good games this season, but I would prfer Camo over Fiore, because he fits better to Totti, Del Piero and Vieri.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The last thing we need before the final kick off. And i dunno how many of you actually noticed but the arrogance in his tone of voice is not helping either : “To play the third match when we’re already qualified,” sniped Fiore.

I HOPE THIS ATTITUDE DOESNT RUN THRU THE TEAM AT THIS POINT OF TIME. PLEASE, NO ARROGANCE LADS. WE'RE ALL SET IF YOU'LL PLAY RIGHT, WITHOUT TAKING ANYTHING FOR GRANTED!!!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

It is no surprise that America is made up of Irish, Italians, English, etc. However, they gave their blood and made their life in America while still being proud of their heritage. That was an odd decision from the start and I still don't understand WHY we needed a foreigner to play for Italy. Especially one like Camoranesi who has been on/off his game.
Whatever...in my opinion I think Fiore is right and many on the team do but don't want to say it.
Your saying it yourself incubo. There's no harm if Camoranesi does the same. If he plays for Italy like its his own country, then i dont see nething wrong. I think what most people players and coaches alike feel bitter abt the fact that he had to be snubbed by Argentina to choose Italy. But i guess, if he's made his choice, he's more than willing to stand up and be counted.

However in this Fiore case, i think its wrong for Fiore to raise this issue at this point of time. Its the last thing we need. If he wanted to talk at all, he should have done so well before the plane touched the tarmac in Portugal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)