Fiore: Camoranesi should go (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Isn' it a coincidence that Fiore's the only one who's bitter about it, and he and Camo play in the same position. You don't see Nesta or Totti complaining about Camo's presence in the team.

It's pretty obvious that Fiore just feels threatened and he can't take the competition like a man. Prove yourself on the pitch, and stop screwing up whatever harmony was left in the squad :rolleyes:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
I'm more annoyed with his attitude rather than what he said about Camo

But what the heck

"To play the third match when we’re already qualified,” sniped Fiore, “would be nothing short of humiliating. I am nobody’s reserve"

Who the heck is he? Humiliating? The fact that he is in the National Team should make him proud alone. Doesn't he think of the other guys that sit on the bench?

How about the guys that weren't even called? He thinks he's so better than them all?

Even Del Piero didn't whine like this when he was left on the bench, and he has a history with Italy...

And why did he need to go to the press for these things? How will this help his team? You have a problem? fine tell Camo tell Trap they will decide if Camo should leave.
Or else you leave...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Nina, what point does he have ???????????????
Here you go Vin ...

++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
The first statement he made is SPOT ON. Firstly, Camoranesi is NOT Italian. We have more than enough talent and don't have to look elsewhere ESPECIALLY in midfield. Camoranesi is from Argentina NOT Italy and should have exhausted his resources for his country of birth and of his upbrining. What is the point if one has the option of playing for either/or. Americans and Canadians can try for England, France, Italy, Greece, etc?? By that rationale these nations would not have any real citizens. It is no surprise that America is made up of Irish, Italians, English, etc. However, they gave their blood and made their life in America while still being proud of their heritage.
That was an odd decision from the start and I still don't understand WHY we needed a foreigner to play for Italy. Especially one like Camoranesi who has been on/off his game.
Whatever...in my opinion I think Fiore is right and many on the team do but don't want to say it.

May 17, 2003
I think this is just made up story by the media, at the last minute to stir up the azzuri team. I don't think a true profesional, would do a stupid thing and rock the ship at a crucial stage that needs concentration and harmony. If it was true, then Fiore must really think about what he said, and HOW he said it. Coz it doesn't sound very proffesional. And i'm talking about both matters, on CAmo, and on him bieng a sub.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
As i've said twice before now, this has been blown far ouf of context.

I really don't understand how everyone is getting so worked up about this.... :rolleyes:

Sep 14, 2003
There's a time and a place to make such comments as these (and he's entitled to make them) now, on the eve of Italy's first match, is not the time.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The media can take things out of context and twist players' words to sound like they mean something they didn't, but I don't think they can pull entire quotes out of their asses... surely a lot of what Fiore said was what he meant

kweku

Jul 20, 2002

The first statement he made is SPOT ON. Firstly, Camoranesi is NOT Italian. We have more than enough talent and don't have to look elsewhere ESPECIALLY in midfield. Camoranesi is from Argentina NOT Italy and should have exhausted his resources for his country of birth and of his upbrining. What is the point if one has the option of playing for either/or. Americans and Canadians can try for England, France, Italy, Greece, etc?? By that rationale these nations would not have any real citizens. It is no surprise that America is made up of Irish, Italians, English, etc. However, they gave their blood and made their life in America while still being proud of their heritage.
That was an odd decision from the start and I still don't understand WHY we needed a foreigner to play for Italy. Especially one like Camoranesi who has been on/off his game.
Whatever...in my opinion I think Fiore is right and many on the team do but don't want to say it.

Agreed, even if the amount of talent on midfield shouldn´t have anyting do do with it. And Camoranesi even wanted to play for Argentina and suddenly he felt Italian or what?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
The media can take things out of context and twist players' words to sound like they mean something they didn't, but I don't think they can pull entire quotes out of their asses... surely a lot of what Fiore said was what he meant
He never literally said:" Camoranesi should go!"
it's only the title, but i get the feeling that everyone looks at the title and thinks" ****ing fiore etc...". Sure Fiore shouldn't have said something the things he did say according to that article, but this is turning into too much fuss which it actually isn't.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Oops, maybe I should have been a bit more specific. I'm over the Camoranesi thing now, but this bit:

“To play the third match when we’re already qualified,” sniped Fiore, “would be nothing short of humiliating. I am nobody’s reserve."

couldn't possibly have been fabricated, and I've lost a lot of respect for Fiore because he said that

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
why is it such a bother ? for e.g deco. the dude has stayed in portugal since 1997, and is one hell of a player. yes he's brazilian etc, but IMO if he has the heart and fell in love with portugal instead it doesn't make him any less 'portuguese' just because portuguese blood doesn't run in his body. I'm not saying that all foreigners should play for their fav countries but when it comes to situation like deco's, it shouldn't be such a big deal, geez

Loving Portugal and being portuguese isn´t the same thing. So Zebina should have the chance to play for Italy just because he cant get a chance with France and he loves ITAly? The whole idea of National teams playing
each other will lose its meaning.
Its one thing if his parents was from Brazil and he was born and raised in Portugal.
And besides dont you think he would of been playing ín the startining eleven if he was really from Portugal instead of Rui Costa? I mean the guy just guided his team to a CL victory, while Rui Costa has been sitting on the bench all year. But you cant bench a National hero for a Brazilian, now can you? ;)

Martin, Remember two years ago, When we discussed the Olisadabe situatition with Poland? I told you that this was going to be normal in couple of years and you sad no? ;)

Aug 26, 2003
i am very disappionted from Fiore! damn i can't say such things!! It is ok, when he feel this way, but he can't tell his shit to the whole world!

I thought that the team is unity, but then players compare each other or critisz for Trap starting the wrong players!

I think when the Italian team don't start to work together they will not win the EM

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Nina (and Nick),

Whats done is done...................

He's ON the team, and this is no time to start bringing this shit up, it can only lead to turmoil inside the Casa Azzurri..............

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Argentina is like the south american Italy, so its not like he left an unknown country to play for Italy. He should have waited and Im sure he'd been called for the Argentina national team. If Fiore hates Camoranesi so much then he should fight for being a starter instead of saying stuff like that. I agree with the last comment gray said

Jan 7, 2004

interesting though how only FIORE is concerned about this.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++
Martin, Remember two years ago, When we discussed the Olisadabe situatition with Poland? I told you that this was going to be normal in couple of years and you sad no? ;)
I don't think it is "normal" now and I don't think it's going to go that much further. Fifa have made some moves now and they recently blocked Ailton from representing Qatar.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
I was born in Australia and I've lived here for 20 years.

Both of my parents are Korean and I speak the language fluently.

Would it be a disgrace for me to play for either country?
No but you know what...it would UNFAIR for you to take the place of a Korean who gave his blood and sweat to make his National team only to be cut by someone who was raised in a totally different nation.
Like I said....why should our parents have bothered getting citizenship in their new homeland then???

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Isn' it a coincidence that Fiore's the only one who's bitter about it, and he and Camo play in the same position. You don't see Nesta or Totti complaining about Camo's presence in the team.

It's pretty obvious that Fiore just feels threatened and he can't take the competition like a man. Prove yourself on the pitch, and stop screwing up whatever harmony was left in the squad :rolleyes:
Actually Toldo voiced opposition a long time ago as did "others" unnamed in the National team. Look at what is happening with Fiore now just around here. Why would anyone put themselves out on a limb like this to receive this backlash?
SECONDLY, telling us how much better Camo is than Fiore means sweet fvck all because the issue I was discussing is a foreigner playing for the Italian National team. I even said in my first post "His FIRST statement" is spot on.
Nevermind who is better..that is irrelevant in this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)