Finally, Moggi Ponders move for Van Bommel (4 Viewers)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
He's already 28 years old, after this Barcelona contract it's probably back to PSV again. It's strange that he didn't get his mega-transfer earlier.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Really a huge shame we missed out on van Bommel, Moggi oh so likes free players and van Bommel would've fitted perfectly into Capello's tactics.

Really what a shame..

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I read on Svenskafans.com/italien
that the deal with Barcelona was canceled and that he is almost ready to sign for Juventus. I don't have any source and neither do they. But hopefully there is a small truth in it. Maybe its not hopeless yet?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Damn, that would be another "Zebina" by Moggi. It was reported that he had already signed with Milan, but than Juve signed him. Maybe there is a small chance........

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
What the hell? Here in Holland everyone is already discussing van Bommel's place in the Barcelona team, and even Hiddink thinks the contract has been signed weeks ago. If Moggi could pull this one off it would be the biggest surprise of the year. Barcelona wouldn't be too happy about it though.

And A_Lacki, don't forget Legrottaglie. He was sooo close to Roma and then Moggi signed him. Only for Roma to get Chivu instead, argh! :)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I read on Svenskafans.com/italien
that the deal with Barcelona was canceled and that he is almost ready to sign for Juventus. I don't have any source and neither do they. But hopefully there is a small truth in it. Maybe its not hopeless yet?

Are they a reliable site? Have they been right more than once with speculation similar to this?

++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
Apparently reports from Turin says Moggi just offered him a contract.
Amazing. Not that I doubt you, but any sources to confirm that?

++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
What the hell? Here in Holland everyone is already discussing van Bommel's place in the Barcelona team, and even Hiddink thinks the contract has been signed weeks ago.
Inderdaad, dezelfde informatie heb ik.
Goed om nog een Nederlander aan te treffen trouwens.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
He is not coming to Turin, just forget about it. There's no way he will turn down Barca, and Juve is not going to offer him silly money either, so can't see it at all.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Dominic and Mr. Gol are Nederlanders??

haha ik ben een belg ;)

Hollandse boeren....kezen!!!!!

naah I'm just kiddin' :)

can't wait for the next Belgium-Holland though. we won the last one remember??

These Rumours of Van Bommel coming to Juve are great.

Nedved--VBommel--Emo--Camo

Yeah, that rocks

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
Would Van Bommel be good enough for our first eleven?
He would add the neccesary passing range to the team, certainly. However I'm not sure if Capello will be happy with his defensive capabilities.

Dominic, can Van Bommel play in front of the defense in a Pirlo-type role? The PSV matches I have seen this season have featured Van Bommel playing on the right, usually concentrating more on attacking than defending.

But this would be great news if we indeed sign him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Van Bommel needs 2 defensive mids to do the dirty work. Camo, Neddy and Emo will start for sure so I don't think we'll play 5 mids and 1 striker next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)