Finally, Moggi Ponders move for Van Bommel (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
i would say 3 years and he is at his peak. At his peak we need him on par with how Emerson is playing now, because he will be in his early 30's then. Can he be that good?
He is not the same type of player as Emerson. Mozart is not as rugged in midfield and relies on his passing game and brains, while Emerson is all power, force, and workman-like. Santos is basically like a Pirlo for Reggina, however he carries better defensive skills than Andrea. After watching Mozart play five times I can only remember him giving the ball away once, always completing his passes. That's a player we could use, desperately.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Damn Lee was sooooooo great yesterday! He was the left back and left wing striker for PSV. Great speed, dribblings and crosses. Cafu got screwed by every action! I see him leave to a better club. How old is he?

Park is the same. Played great and showed that he can play everywhere. Yesterday he played in the middle´, but in other PSV games I have seen him play in the wing! Really good!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

He is not the same type of player as Emerson. Mozart is not as rugged in midfield and relies on his passing game and brains, while Emerson is all power, force, and workman-like. Santos is basically like a Pirlo for Reggina, however he carries better defensive skills than Andrea. After watching Mozart play five times I can only remember him giving the ball away once, always completing his passes. That's a player we could use, desperately.
I know, but we should get another player like Mozart. Someone like Edu or Van Bommel, if still availible, because it would give us a better depth!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Screw Van Bommel:

-----------Buffon
Zamb--Thur--Cann--Lee
----------Emerson
-Camo-------------Nedved
------------Park
-----Mutu----Zlatan

It'd cost about 8m :D
Moggi, just give them Dp and get us Lee, Park, Van Bommel, Farfan, Robert De Souza, Lucius and Guus Hiddink.

Jokes apart, I have never seen a team pass as incisively as PSV did last night. Immaculate. Like i said yesterday in one of my posts, after that display as far as im concerned, they are the champions of Europe this year. There was not one mistake bar one when Shevchenko latched on to the ball on a counter. Besides that, there was only one team in it the whole time. Hats off. And to think that i started the evening backing Milan. Guus Hiddink i must say, has to be the most underrated coach of his time. I shudder to think what he could do if given controls of a team with more pedigree than PSV. I would love to have him at Juve in the future, even though i dont know how in hell his style would ever blend with ours.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I didnt ask for a full on player description, im just asking if he will be good enough to fill the derth left by emerson after his peak comes down. We need an awesome player in the midfield either way.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
whats' JC?

Yeah, Lee was the one dribbling on the wing. What an awesome cross for Cocu's goal too :thumb:

JC Park..

Or was it JS park?

AHKA

May 9, 2004
We need Hiddink he can make from any team a dream team he did with PSV in 88 when they won the european cup he did it with Real Madrid with them he won everything with the duch NT he went to the semi-finales of the WC and don't metion what he did with South Korea.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yep, ive got to say i think he figures in the top 5 coaches in the world. His record is almost as enviable as Capello's if not more.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

I didnt ask for a full on player description, im just asking if he will be good enough to fill the derth left by emerson after his peak comes down. We need an awesome player in the midfield either way.
Oh, well in that case I'm not sure if he would be good enough to fill Emerson's shoes. But like I said they are different types of players and Mozart has a lot of skill on the ball.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Van Bommel signs for Barcelona

AMSTERDAM, May 18 (Reuters) - PSV Eindhoven midfielder Mark van Bommel has signed a three-year deal with Barcelona, the Dutch champions said on Wednesday.
The 28-year-old had said he would leave PSV when his contract expired at the end of the season and was expected to join the Spanish champions.
Dutch international Van Bommel will be officially presented in Barcelona after the Netherlands' World Cup qualifiers against Romania on June 4 and Finland four days later.
Barcelona confirmed the signing on their website saying the deal had been kept quiet until after they had won the Primera Liga. The Catalan club secured their first league title in six years last Saturday.
Van Bommel, an attacking midfielder, will add depth to Barca's midfield linking up with Portugal international Deco and Spain's Xavi.
Frank Rijkaard's side suffered a string of injuries this season which threatened to undermine their title challenge with the versatile Gabri, Edmilson and midfielder Thiago Motta all sidelined with knee ligament problems.
Mexican international Rafael Marquez, who has played much of the season in midfield, will be free to return to his more natural position in defence.
Van Bommel's arrival restores Barca's strong links with the Netherlands as he teams up with compatriots Giovanni van Bronckhorst and coach Rijkaard.
Several Dutch players left Barcelona last season with Patrick Kluivert, Philip Cocu, Michael Reiziger, Marc Overmars, and Edgar Davids all moving to other clubs.
Van Bommel joined PSV in 1999 and helped them to four league titles. He played 169 league matches and scored 46 goals.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Why dont people ever bother to look at the clubs official website?

Van Bommel to play for Barça for next three seasons

Photos from www.psv.nl

PSV Eindhoven star Mark Van Bommel will join Barcelona on July 1, where he will play for three seasons until 2007/08.

The 28-year-old Dutch midfielder will be travelling to Barcelona in the first fortnight of June after appearing in the Germany 2006 World Cup qualifying match between Finland and Holland in Helsinki in June 8.

In accordance with the wishes of FC Barcelona and the player, this agreement has not been announced publicly until today, now that the team has been confirmed league champion.

www.fcbarcelona.es

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)