Final | Portugal - Greece (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
Hard work is obtainable, talent isn't.
Gosh you're good at this running away with the wrong argument business. I never disagreed that talent isn't obtainable mate...
First of all they didn't get to be the fourth best nation in the world by working hard, but by forging the tournament.
Okay, whether you think it was 'forged' or not is again besides the point, and thanks for helping my argument once again by saying:
Second of all they proved to be useless in Europe, because there were far more talented players who could work equally hard and thus played better.
You said it yourself, they played better because they're more naturally talented and they work equally hard. Now do you think that these more naturally players, if they hadn't worked as hard as they did, would easily upstage the hard-working-though-not-as-naturally-gifted players? I think not.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If I knew I could reach Juventus if I worked hard, I would.
Yeah, but thats not how it works. If I knew a million bucks would fall in front of me if I stood in a certain place every day for 2 years I would. The fact is that you have to work hard and pray that it works out for you, that it pays of.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Gosh you're good at this running away with the wrong argument I never disagreed that talent isn't obtainable mate...

Okay, whether you think it was 'forged' or not is again besides the point, and thanks for helping my argument once again by saying:

You said it yourself, they played better because they're more naturally talented and they work equally hard. Now do you think that these more naturally players, if they hadn't worked as hard as they did, would easily upstage the hard-working-though-not-as-naturally-gifted players? I think not.
No, they wouldn't. But fact remains that hard work is something everyone can do if he wants to. Talent hasn't got anything to do with wanting it or not, you have or you haven't got it.

So in order to be a good player you need a certain amount of talent combined with workrate. And all I'm saying is everyone can work hard if they want to, but not everyone has talent.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yeah, but thats not how it works. If I knew a million bucks would fall in front of me if I stood in a certain place every day for 2 years I would. The fact is that you have to work hard and pray that it works out for you, that it pays of.
So you agree with me that sports have a lot to do with luck. Even more than with hard work. There you go, this was easy to win :D.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

No, they wouldn't. But fact remains that hard work is something everyone can do if he wants to. Talent hasn't got anything to do with wanting it or not, you have or you haven't got it.

So in order to be a good player you need a certain amount of talent combined with workrate. And all I'm saying is everyone can work hard if they want to, but not everyone has talent.
No, not everyone can work hard, havent we agreed on that? The key to hard work is motivation, and it's harder to find than talent.

So you agree with me that sports have a lot to do with luck. Even more than with hard work. There you go, this was easy to win :D.

No, we didnt agree. Didnt you notice the part where I said "they have to work hard"? Luck is a factor, but not nearly as important one as hard work.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Everyone can work hard if they want to .
And luck is more important, because there are more people that are willing to work hard than there are people that are lucky.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I admire your tenacity guys :D

Greece are European Champions & yes they totally deserved it. Belated congratulations to them.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Lost an argument??? :howler:

No, I'm just following a saying that goes something like this:

"Never argue with with a fool, he'll only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)