Filip Kostic - LWB/LM/LW - Eintracht Frankfurt (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

petszata

Jul 7, 2020
Ah yes, Allegri wants a striker that can play on the left so it must be Kostic who is a LWB. Makes perfect sense.
Mate, Kostic is everything but LWB, he doesn`t even have one game as LB or LWB. Look at his stats below. I don`t think there is a better player for value-quality (15m) on the market atm!

Position Games Goals Assists
Left Winger - 182 31 34
Left Midfield - 163 28 58

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Winger only on paper in formation. The tasks he would give said role tells me Allegri wants the LW to be what Morata was in the role last season. A natural attacker that cuts in from left. Not to playmake but be extra threat while being decent in build up.

Even if they are all 3 different players, Morata, Werner and Raspadori all can fit in that task.

Kostic can't, he doesn't cut in, he crosses the ball.
Poor Vlahovic, you bring a bomber and then intend to starve him. Hes not a Firmino, he's a Lewandowski, you need creative 2 way players next to him as real wide players not some lopsided fake 433 shit again with 2 CFs instead of one. Id be more fine with Morata if we had someone like Theo Hernandez bombing the left flank behind him, but we have the one legged pirate Alex Sandro there, he's not going to provide any width or threat. As limited as Kostic sounds by your description, for me that still sounds a lot better than bringing Morata, Werner, Muriel or whatever, because that just means that all that left side will be doing 90% of the time is passing the ball back and making the right side do all the work

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Poor Vlahovic, you bring a bomber and then intend to starve him. Hes not a Firmino, he's a Lewandowski, you need creative 2 way players next to him as real wide players not some lopsided fake 433 shit again with 2 CFs instead of one. Id be more fine with Morata if we had someone like Theo Hernandez bombing the left flank behind him, but we have the one legged pirate Alex Sandro there, he's not going to provide any width or threat. As limited as Kostic sounds by your description, for me that still sounds a lot better than bringing Morata, Werner, Muriel or whatever, because that just means that all that left side will be doing 90% of the time is passing the ball back and making the right side do all the work

Agreed, especially in regards to our fullbacks, its our huge achilles heel. Fake wingers or fake forwards dont matter when you can have great attacking fullbacks in most top clubs. Their wingers can become essentially forwards aslong as they Robertson, Theo, TAA, Cancelo, Mendy/Carvajal, Reece, Davies, Hakimi, Nuno Mendes all overlapping and creating havoc offensively. But what do we have? Only Cuadrado fits in to that group, and half the time we will use him as pure winger coming season cuz we refuse to sign real wingers. Nor add quality to our fullbacks. So we are in a limbo.

I did not say this is what I prefer, but this is clearly how the team is building their 433. wide mids or wingbacks dont fit into that. So Allegri will want fake forwards wide who primarily cut in from the left, so we should temper our expectations on what he realistically wants, a cut in forward left side. While we leave entire creativity job to the right wing in Di Maria. And probably leave Cuadrado on bench to be his only healthy backup in squad. So we will have headache inducing zero offense fullbacks in Danilo and Alex Sandro barely offering any help forward (which is crazy, because in Porto both were the most offensive fullback duo in CL footie back then).

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Mate, Kostic is everything but LWB, he doesn`t even have one game as LB or LWB. Look at his stats below. I don`t think there is a better player for value-quality (15m) on the market atm!

Left Winger - 182 31 34
I am just going to quote someone who actually watches him play. And he 100% isn't a striker that can play on the left what that tweet said, that can apply to someone like Werner or Depay not Kostic.

4-3-3 gonna be a challenge with a high probability of failure

Kostic succeeds in a gung-ho 3-4-2-1 where he runs up and down his flank and crosses a lot

He is an LWB and not al LW, he has no business being a winger(attacker) in a 4-3-3. He is more of a Dani Alves than a Chiesa

He runs and crosses, runs and crosses, the system ensures he has lots of recipients at all times

I guess this is the reason why Max hasn't been super horny for him yet, doesn't want to change the system & philosophy

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Agreed, especially in regards to our fullbacks, its our huge achilles heel. Fake wingers or fake forwards dont matter when you can have great attacking fullbacks in most top clubs. Their wingers can become essentially forwards aslong as they Robertson, Theo, TAA, Cancelo, Mendy/Carvajal, Reece, Davies, Hakimi, Nuno Mendes all overlapping and creating havoc offensively. But what do we have? Only Cuadrado fits in to that group, and half the time we will use him as pure winger coming season cuz we refuse to sign real wingers. Nor add quality to our fullbacks. So we are in a limbo.

I did not say this is what I prefer, but this is clearly how the team is building their 433. wide mids or wingbacks dont fit into that. So Allegri will want fake forwards wide who primarily cut in from the left, so we should temper our expectations on what he realistically wants, a cut in forward left side. While we leave entire creativity job to the right wing in Di Maria. And probably leave Cuadrado on bench to be his only healthy backup in squad. So we will have headache inducing zero offense fullbacks in Danilo and Alex Sandro barely offering any help forward (which is crazy, because in Porto both were the most offensive fullback duo in CL footie back then).
Yeah, we're basically fucked, you're probably right given the names we're linked with. Imo you can have a fake winger supported by a modern fullback. And you can have a limited fullback supporting a capable winger. But for some reason for years and years our left side has had both a fake winger and a limited fullback, so basically its almost non-existant in attack. And even when we have the opportunity to fix it, we're determined to continue to suck.

I was so happy that we finally ditched Ronaldo and Dybala and could finally play a proper formation this season, no hybrids needed to accomodate special players. Well fuck me, Max loves to complicate shit.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I don't get this move based on what I'm reading about him and why everyone is so determined to have him here. We'd be better off targeting a natural LW in my opinion.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007

Left Winger - 182 31 34
lol, frankfurt plays 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 and he's their left wing back

watch some games

fyi - lwb=left midfield on transfermarkt

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I’ve too seen him play more than a few times and even discussed him with other members many months ago in the Europa League thread, in my view yes atm he is now a rather classic LWB/LM for the 3-4-3/3-5-2 type formation thats been played at Frankfurt but his style of play and strengths are largely on the offensive side of the game and is closer in output to a LM/LW pushing forward than he is to being an actual LB/LWB that has main focus on the defensive side of the game.

To me he also seems like a perfect fit as an LM in classic 4-4-2 formation and could even potentially make it work quite fine in Allegri’s 4-3-3 hybrid that turns anyway in a 4-4-2, his versatility on the left side can really come in handy either way.

Jul 13, 2010
I just noticed his agent has bonucci, quadrado, perin and kulu, to name a few. Possibly willing to make a good deal. I'm just unsure how urgent would he be? Aren't we fucking in left back rather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)