Filip Kostic - LWB/LM/LW - Eintracht Frankfurt (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But it’s not unlike us not to lick our lips at the 15m asking price. We love bargain buys. Wouldn’t surprise me if we end up getting him now.
Wouldn't surprise me but if we really wanted him and were going with a system that suited him I think he'd be here already.

Also surprised why teams better than West Ham haven't signed him already also. Maybe he's the sort of player who needs a system.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Coaches love them flashy wingers who can cut inside or full backs that defend, he's none of that. Perfect when given an entire flank, but also very useful in 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 when he has a target man to feed.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Wouldn't surprise me but if we really wanted him and were going with a system that suited him I think he'd be here already.

Also surprised why teams better than West Ham haven't signed him already also. Maybe he's the sort of player who needs a system.
He would have suited West Ham’s 3-4-3 perfectly. But I would sign him for that price. And play 3-4-3 ourselves.

petszata

Jul 7, 2020
Price for that type of player - 16-18m is a bargain! But NO again we will bit for finished exhausted players like Morata and Paredes....

Hope we finish 4th with 0 trophies and get rid of Alegri next summer!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Kostic proposed again at #Juve (who thinks about it) and at #Inter (colder today). The wait in both cases will last 48-72 hours, otherwise the outsider will sign for #WestHam

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
This one has to happen for sure, a versatile LM is a must for us and he simply fits the description perfectly, missing out on him when there is no better or cheaper alternative out there would make little sense.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
According to transfermarkt, he didn't.
微信截图_20220801155621.png

But :euromax:, so maybe.
Interesting that his goal contribution numbers are considerably worse at LW compared to LM. Of course dont watch Eintracht and have no idea why, but you'd think that being 10-20m further up the pitch improves your attacking numbers

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Interesting that his goal contribution numbers are considerably worse at LW compared to LM. Of course dont watch Eintracht and have no idea why, but you'd think that being 10-20m further up the pitch improves your attacking numbers
his strength seems to be crossing over dribbling, so it makes sense he’s more efficient from further back.

- - - Updated - - -

If Cuadrado is able to play a FB, see no reason why Kostic couldn't.
Yeah he pretty much sounds like a left sided cuadrado tbh.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If Cuadrado is able to play a FB, see no reason why Kostic couldn't.

Easy thing to say. But to back it up? Cuadrado has played RB for almost 5 straight years for us (changed from wing early on).

And started out as RB in lecce and Udinese.

Is there a single season where Kostic has played LB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)