Filip Kostic - LWB/LM/LW - Eintracht Frankfurt (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Well in that case he should play instead of Alex Sandro and play Danilo as a RB.

But we are not getting him anyway.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If we get Kostic

Danilo Bonucci Bremer

Cuadrado Zakaria(?) Loca Fagioli Kostic

Di Maria Vlahovic

then switch to a 343 when Chiesa returns
If we're only going to sign only one more wide player, I prefer a 352, that way di Maria also gets less defensive responsibilities and we have a more balanced squad.

Sandro could be decent as LCB and Bonucci is a much better asset in a 3 man backline as well. Of course it sucks that we let Dybala go if we're playing a formation with an SS finally, but oh well..

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Sandro could be decent as LCB
Wewlad.

That being said, I mostly agree. Three at the back could do well to cover some of our issues defensively and put Bremer in a formation he's familiar with but really we always kind of did three at the back.

Last year when we rolled with Danilo at RB and Cuadrado at RW it was basically 3ATB because Danilo would be the "rb" but would move middle in defense and Cuadrado would drop deep to play RWB, while in attack Danilo would push wide and Cuadrado would press far up the pitch knowing Danilo was behind him.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with going 3ATB and using converted fullbacks as centerbacks is that you get a weird situation where Danilo/Sandro are both "cbs" and you leave a REAL CB on an island as the only true centerback on the pitch.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Kostic is as best as LWB I heard from some guy who I trust. As a winger he isnt great he said aswel

So anyone who wonder why we haven't signed him, this is your answer. We aren't looking for a left wingback or LM. But LB or attacking LW that cuts in. Two positions and tasks that isnt his best suit.

We aren't building this team for 352 or 343 or any set up that uses wingbacks or wide mids. Allegri focusing on 433 he used most of last season.

But they need to get actual wingers that suit that if they feel Kostic isn't the right fit for his 433.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
So anyone who wonder why we haven't signed him, this is your answer. We aren't looking for a left wingback or LM. But LB or attacking LW that cuts in. Two positions and tasks that isnt his best suit.

We aren't building this team for 352 or 343 or any set up that uses wingbacks or wide mids. Allegri focusing on 433 he used most of last season.

But they need to get actual wingers that suit that if they feel Kostic isn't the right fit for his 433.
The rumours of Werner, Morata, Raspadori, etc dont convince me we're looking for actual wingers though

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The rumours of Werner, Morata, Raspadori, etc dont convince me we're looking for actual wingers though
Winger only on paper in formation. The tasks he would give said role tells me Allegri wants the LW to be what Morata was in the role last season. A natural attacker that cuts in from left. Not to playmake but be extra threat while being decent in build up.

Even if they are all 3 different players, Morata, Werner and Raspadori all can fit in that task.

Kostic can't, he doesn't cut in, he crosses the ball.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
assist after 3 minutes in DFB-Pokal

You have watched him the most in this forum, maybe even more then the Serbs who only see him for NT.

What role would Allegri give him our 433? If assume the kind of characteristic he wants in LW. Or would he need to change formation?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
You have watched him the most in this forum, maybe even more then the Serbs who only see him for NT.

What role would Allegri give him our 433? If assume the kind of characteristic he wants in LW. Or would he need to change formation?
4-3-3 gonna be a challenge with a high probability of failure

Kostic succeeds in a gung-ho 3-4-2-1 where he runs up and down his flank and crosses a lot

He is an LWB and not al LW, he has no business being a winger(attacker) in a 4-3-3. He is more of a Dani Alves than a Chiesa

He runs and crosses, runs and crosses, the system ensures he has lots of recipients at all times

I guess this is the reason why Max hasn't been super horny for him yet, doesn't want to change the system & philosophy

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thank you, I only seen him play 2 times, didnt wanna say anything defenitive. But you confirmed it well, and this is DEFENITELY the reason we havent signed him already. If Conte was our coach I would say would easily been signed, but Allegri is going for a 433 for sure, and he doesnt suit that, even if we need his quality.

Jun 16, 2020
Thank you, I only seen him play 2 times, didnt wanna say anything defenitive. But you confirmed it well, and this is DEFENITELY the reason we havent signed him already. If Conte was our coach I would say would easily been signed, but Allegri is going for a 433 for sure, and he doesnt suit that, even if we need his quality.
Personally, I think that someone who’s able to cover basically the whole left flank would be a very important asset for this team.

It provides tactical flexibility. Imagine a 433 not working and switching to a 352 or 442 in-game. Or the more defensive solution meaning we take Chiesa off and switch to 442 with someone like him. Cuadrado provides us that luxury at the right side but at the left side we’re too thin.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Personally, I think that someone who’s able to cover basically the whole left flank would be a very important asset for this team.

It provides tactical flexibility. Imagine a 433 not working and switching to a 352 or 442 in-game. Or the more defensive solution meaning we take Chiesa off and switch to 442 with someone like him. Cuadrado provides us that luxury at the right side but at the left side we’re too thin.

And it would be fine if we did that, gives us flexibility. But ask yourself what Allegri has said his formation is and he wanna stick with, 433. So in that sense, it makes way more sense to first sign players for that main formation, before you consider a player for your backup formations in terms of flexibility. Especially with limited funds.

And Cuadrado works in all formations because he is a fullback too, so he can be kept around. But for Kostic, most likely as Igor said, he would only work as a wingback in 3421 or maybe in 442 as you suggested. But aslong as those wont be Allegri's main formation, a deal for him are unlikely. Would been easier if he could fill in as fullback too in 4 man defence, but seems like thats never been the case.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Winger only on paper in formation. The tasks he would give said role tells me Allegri wants the LW to be what Morata was in the role last season. A natural attacker that cuts in from left. Not to playmake but be extra threat while being decent in build up.

Even if they are all 3 different players, Morata, Werner and Raspadori all can fit in that task.

Kostic can't, he doesn't cut in, he crosses the ball.
This makes a lot of sense

rainhard

May 5, 2004
How hard to convert a left midfielder to become left winger ?
- with great crosses
- ability to trackback
- great communication skill with his Serbian compatriot
- and we dont have any player to fill that position
- plus he is cheap

If this management feel okay and can hold the abomination of Berna for multiple years, this is a very low risk gamble that they must take

Last edited:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
And it would be fine if we did that, gives us flexibility. But ask yourself what Allegri has said his formation is and he wanna stick with, 433. So in that sense, it makes way more sense to first sign players for that main formation, before you consider a player for your backup formations in terms of flexibility. Especially with limited funds.

And Cuadrado works in all formations because he is a fullback too, so he can be kept around. But for Kostic, most likely as Igor said, he would only work as a wingback in 3421 or maybe in 442 as you suggested. But aslong as those wont be Allegri's main formation, a deal for him are unlikely. Would been easier if he could fill in as fullback too in 4 man defence, but seems like thats never been the case.
when the season starts allegri will revert to lopsided 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)