FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022™ - Qualifiers (1 Viewer)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Iran
England
Usa
Wales

Iran 1- 1 Usa 1
Iran 0 -0 England
Iran 2 - 1 Wales

pls discuss.
Iranhad some good performances at the last World Cup with a tough group. They'll likely be underdogs for the 3 games but the conditions could be an advantage and if they can replicate their 2018 form they could cause some shocks.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I don't remember the last time iran conceded more than 3 goals!
Fair point, I guess I wouldn't consider their qualification process very trying except South Korea (who they defeated). England and Wales are entirely different animals to Hong Kong, Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon.

But you had a plucky 2018 WC so I guess anything is possible.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Fair point, I guess I wouldn't consider their qualification process very trying except South Korea (who they defeated). England and Wales are entirely different animals to Hong Kong, Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon.

But you had a plucky 2018 WC so I guess anything is possible.
US and Iran have met at the 1998 World Cup, Although It’s not the same as 24 years ago.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
World cups are hard to predict. Even more a WC played in the middle of the season. But I'll try my luck.
I expect Europe' domination to be over and one of ARG/BRA to win this. At least two Euro teams will make the semis.
My dark horse is Denmark. Excellent team. If they win their group with France, I see them in the semis against Argentina.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
World cups are hard to predict. Even more a WC played in the middle of the season. But I'll try my luck.
I expect Europe' domination to be over and one of ARG/BRA to win this. At least two Euro teams will make the semis.
My dark horse is Denmark. Excellent team. If they win their group with France, I see them in the semis against Argentina.
I agree. I have ARG as my favourites - they finally look like a real team after a very long time.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I hope Argentina make the final and lose to The Netherlands.

I wouldn't mind Spain winning it and Morata being top scorer, after we've secured his transfer. Perhaps then, we can sell him for 40-50 million in January or the summer after :donedeal:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)