FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (16 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
All the same.

Yids is hardly and insult these days.

The US team has a Ching if that's close enough?
I mearly wanted to point out that the victory celerbrations of some of the Americans here have been less about a won football match but more about a victory over another nationality. A anti-celerbration of enjoyment of the other's lose, rather than of their own teams victory.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I mearly wanted to point out that the victory celerbrations of some of the Americans here have been less about a won football match but more about a victory over another nationality. A anti-celerbration of enjoyment of the other's lose, rather than of their own teams victory.
I know.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
When I was in Spain all the ppl I talked to were resigned to national team failure. I think there is more pressure on Italy because their people expect so much.

But while Spain are chokers in tournaments this confederations cup is not a mark to judge by. Team want the world cup alot more and Spain have broken their curse by winning Euro last year. They are contenders for the WC as much as Brazil and More so than Italy, France and Germany
The Azzurri have a get out of jail free card. They won it last time.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And you're very right there.

They already have Demspey and Johnson so he won't have worry about settling in.
True. Anyway we'll see how it goes, but I think it'll be Fulham for Onyewu. A shame Standard have to replace him, it won't be easy. I've criticised him a lot (he gave away a penalty in the last minute of the last game of the season that would have ended Standard's title dreams, but it was saved), but most of the time he was excellent.

Mar 30, 2006
Absalutely loving it. Lately spain were becoming soo arrogant i just hoped that they'll lose and thank god they did. Congrats to all the americans in this forum.
I dont think their team were becoming arrogant but their media certainly was. The players understand how quick things can turn.. think about how badly their team struggled 2 or 3 years ago. They would struggle to beat teams like Iceland with alot of the same pllayers who won the Euro.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Isn't this guy Indian or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes, he's Indian American and making a joke.

The fanboy detractors who hate us, Seven and bianconero, are going apeshit because they can't say anything else. They were expecting to have a joyous occasion making fun of the US today, but it didn't happen.

Let them be. They've been owned enough during the past week. :lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Congrats to all the US members for the win today. Well deserved i must say.

I thought Bradley completely outclassed his Spanish counterpart tactically today. I was surprised when i saw the US, start the game of with a high defensive line, and they're two DM's Bradley and Clark were playing higher up the pitch than usual. I thought that was a good move by Bradley Senior, as that gave Xavi, Cesc and Alonso little time on the ball and didn't allow them to weave their magic.

Spain was missing a ball winner in midfield in the mould of Essien or Mascherrano today, i thought the Americans attacked through the middle way too easily sometimes.

In the end, tactical impetus, determination, grit, discipline and a superior attitude won the Americans the game. They knew exactly how to play against Spain, and Spain didn't see this coming. So Props to the US, nobody can say you guys didn't deserve it, after fighting your way from the bottom the way you did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)