FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I doubt the BBC guys know that. All they know is that the best from the EPL got their asses handed to them by some guys from a "third world football country".
Indeed, and that's another glorious thing about today.

Now hopefully England will get owned by Germany and Italy in the next World Cup so they can cry over that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Btw, wouldnt be suprised ifs Bob Bradley is operating under the M.O of a Hollywood script, the questionned and downtrodden young starlet u not playing a single second, having issues (focuses more on off the pitch stuff), no one expects anything from him, and que in the final showdown :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Btw, wouldnt be suprised ifs Bob Bradley is operating under the M.O of a Hollywood script, the questionned and downtrodden young starlet u not playing a single second, having issues (focuses more on off the pitch stuff), no one expects anything from him, and que in the final showdown :D

Bradley isn't playing him because he's PT was limited at Monaco this season. He's trying to punish Fred for leaving the MLS.:D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Most of the Spanish players have more a mind on hitting the beach than hitting the back of the net.
Most of the Spanish players of today have won the Euros, a lot of them have won La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa del Rey. They can think about the beach now.

Mar 30, 2006
Congrats to all the US members for the win today. Well deserved i must say.

I thought Bradley completely outclassed his Spanish counterpart tactically today. I was surprised when i saw the US, start the game of with a high defensive line, and they're two DM's Bradley and Clark were playing higher up the pitch than usual. I thought that was a good move by Bradley Senior, as that gave Xavi, Cesc and Alonso little time on the ball and didn't allow them to weave their magic.

Spain was missing a ball winner in midfield in the mould of Essien or Mascherrano today, i thought the Americans attacked through the middle way too easily sometimes.

In the end, tactical impetus, determination, grit, discipline and a superior attitude won the Americans the game. They knew exactly how to play against Spain, and Spain didn't see this coming. So Props to the US, nobody can say you guys didn't deserve it, after fighting your way from the bottom the way you did.
No Senna. But I really dont know if playing Senna is the best thing for them if it is at the expense of Cesc or Xabi. Spain looked like Real Madrid with the galacticos today who could not get the job done.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Nice win for US over Spain. Who would have thought. Rising up from the ashes.

Great spirit to defend and spot-on counters. That's all you need in such very tactical game.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Btw loving the knee jerk reactions :lol:

Some of the comments i've read are just the very definition of knee jerk. Some people saying Spain is overrated. Ya, no wonder they just recently won the Euro's in emphatic fashion, no wonder they're unbeaten for 3 years now. :lol:

But ya, one game surely makes us forget the past 3 years, doesn't it?

Another great comment was people saying that Cannavaro was better than Spain's defenders today.:lol:

I just hope we're not talking about the Cannavaro we saw last season with Real Madrid, that was Real's worst defender in the Liga after Heinze. Just brilliant how Italian players get overrated on this forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)