FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (42 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Irrelevant as long as he doesn't appear in my universe :p

Were you a fan of Roy btw? I thought his thuggery was the greatest impediment to making ManU likeable.
I have never like Man Utd but Roy was brilliant for Ireland. I was on his side of the Keano-McCarthy incident at the 2006 WC.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Good for the Italian Americans for holding on to their identity and not following the sheep.
Their customs growing up are Italian and that goes for Italian populations all over the world. Although they assimilate, after a few generations they don't leave behind their traditions and culture to the same degree as other ethnicities.

Just compare the number of little Italy's and Chinatowns to any other ethnicity in North America. Much like the Americans, the Italians are a proud bunch, which is y an American slanting some1 with Italian ancestry for supporting the azzurri is ironic and naive.

That's basically what happens in the US unless a player is really good like Rossi or Johny O'Brien and they get snatched up by a European team. That and our training system going through the University's and private clubs is just not the same as the professional academies in Europe.
But you actually have funding for the sport. You can get a soccer scholarship in the U.S for both men and women. You have soccer only stadiums, as well as far more soccer related facilities (for during the winter).

Sep 1, 2002
Their customs growing up are Italian and that goes for Italian populations all over the world. Although they assimilate, after a few generations they don't leave behind their traditions and culture to the same degree as other ethnicities.

Just compare the number of little Italy's and Chinatowns to any other ethnicity in North America. Much like the Americans, the Italians are a proud bunch, which is y an American slanting some1 with Italian ancestry for supporting the azzurri is ironic and naive.

But you actually have funding for the sport. You can get a soccer scholarship in the U.S for both men and women. You have soccer only stadiums, as well as far more soccer related facilities (for during the winter).
You are quite right, much like the Jewish and bangladeshi communities.

You only need to watch Italian satalite TV where various phone in shows offer your favourite song from the homeland to be sung by a napolitian.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Spain's NT is the most annoying one. I can't stand them. I wish them the worst.

Actually, no need to wish them the worst. Wish it or not, it will happen.
These perennial losers win one EURO Cup every 50 years and they choke hard in the meantime. I probably won't even be alive the next time they win something big.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)