FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (43 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
We were outplaying Italy at the time. Until Rossi came on we outplayed them with only ten men. If we had eleven men we would have had a holding midfielder, so yes I believe the US would have won had it not have been for the red card.
They had the 2 clearest chances of the game, but they never outplayed the Italians. Italy's passing and off the ball movement was superior all game, even when the ideas failed. The Americans played too many longballs and passes that sent their forwards chasing to ever control the game.

Marceℓℓo;2035604 said:
Andy&Aaron...

why don't you show a little respect towards Italy at least?You can hate the non-Italian Azzurri fans all you want- I don't understand their passion for Italy either- but what you do is a bit too much IMO.

Congrats for a good game by the US BTW.
Who cares? Their opinion doesn't represent all Americans. Alot of Americans also recognize Rossi's Italian roots and don't call for his family to be deported. I find alot of it funny, even as some1 who's family are Italian immigrants.

As for the match, the red was harsh, but it was definitely a dangerous tackle. The pk was non-sense, but it was obviously to make up for the red card. Altidore is a big dude, so for him to flop like he did is obviously theatrics.

Iaquinta and Camo are not wing forwards. Rossi and Quag to start over both next game hopefully. Gattuso doesn't cut it for me anymore. De Rossi provides enough muscle, and he can spread play and thread nice passes as well (MOTM for me).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The rules say a red card can be given. Basically I wanted a red card because we got a red card.
Hmmm, the penalty rule is complicated so you might be right, but i know that i'd be extremely pissed if a ref gives a red card to a player of the team i support for such foul.

Grosso's elbow on the other hand could/should have resulted with a red card.

aoshimy

May 31, 2009
Hey, we could be like all the other douchebags out there and Burke and I would support Germany because hey, we're German Americans.

But what good is that? I'm not going to any Germany matches anytime soon.

It's all about honoring your own nation. Yes, even if they suck.
What is a nation anyway? It's all fake fucking borders. Get over this nationalistic pride bullshit. It's all about passion, whom you like, and have followed for years and years. ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hmmm, the penalty rule is complicated so you might be right, but i know that i'd be extremely pissed if a ref gives a red card to a player of the team i support for such foul.

Grosso's elbow on the other hand could/should have resulted with a red card.
Right the penalty rule says that a red card is to be given, but that's largely left up to interpretation by the referee. Since one can be given in that case, I wanted one.

I also thought the guy from Egypt could have seen red, but I wouldn't have booked him because it wouldn't have mattered.

As for Grosso that was just a bad call.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Who cares? Their opinion doesn't represent all Americans. Alot of Americans also recognize Rossi's Italian roots and don't call for his family to be deported. I find alot of it funny, even as some1 who's family are Italian immigrants.

As for the match, the red was harsh, but it was definitely a dangerous tackle. The pk was non-sense, but it was obviously to make up for the red card. Altidore is a big dude, so for him to flop like he did is obviously theatrics.

Iaquinta and Camo are not wing forwards. Rossi and Quag to start over both next game hopefully. Gattuso doesn't cut it for me anymore. De Rossi provides enough muscle, and he can spread play and thread nice passes as well (MOTM for me).
I don't want him to be deported or hurt. In fact, I think he's a great talent. I just think he should have played for the USA. Many Americans feel the same way, but don't want him to get hurt.

PS. The deportation from America thing really doesn't matter if he's playing for Italy.:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
They had the 2 clearest chances of the game, but they never outplayed the Italians. Italy's passing and off the ball movement was superior all game, even when the ideas failed. The Americans played too many longballs and passes that sent their forwards chasing to ever control the game.
:howler:

Obviously you weren't watching the first half,Italy was completely frustrated by the Americans & they definitely had some nice passes going around & allround great team work.First half Italy failed completely,second half was inevitable.The American team grew tired & Lippi brought on an extra striker & am which ultimately provided the killer blow.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I also thought the guy from Egypt could have seen red, but I wouldn't have booked him because it wouldn't have mattered.
The handball episode?
The referee had to give him a red card. He had absolutely no escape. It was a deliberate handball on the line. He saved a clear goal. What if Kaka missed the penalty?
If the ref didn't give a red card, he would have probably been banned from the tournament by FIFA.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Besides, there is no such thing as "America" or Americans. The United States is just that, a group of states. So if anything you are a New Yorker or a Floridian. :)
I see what you're trying to say, but that's kind of nonsense. Any kid that grew up in a military family (moved around a lot) will completely refute that argument. I myself have moved like 15-18 times in my life. So I'm hardly any -ian other than American.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The handball episode?
The referee had to give him a red card. He had absolutely no escape. It was a deliberate handball on the line. He saved a clear goal. What if Kaka missed the penalty?
If the ref didn't give a red card, he would have probably been banned from the tournament by FIFA.
You're right. I mean I just felt bad for the fellow.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Italian possession was pretty aimless until the second half. Jack would have been disgusted and mistaken the match for a La Liga game. They would hold the ball, our defense would win it, pass to the midfield and they would counter with deep through balls to the forwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)