FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (83 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
*Hides from Andy* *Proceeds to take cover from Osman creaming himself* ;)
Seriously, I wont give Lippi credit for subbing him in early, this kid should start at all frigging times :tup: tup: What a wonderful fucking entrance :star: Also gave the team the mobility it needed in attack, he moves real well off the ball and opens up space for others.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Maybe it is?

Rossi was fantastic and was all over the field doing the job interms of build up and finishing. De Rossi too was solid in the Mid.

As for the Pirlo being finished. :lol: His assist on the last goal was breath taking.

Sure some of the old mediocre players need to be cut before the WC but Italy might be able to pull it together. Mind you the USA was down a man and were dead tired in the second half but I it could have been 4 or 5 for Italy on a good day.

Rossi needs to be a starter.. and ocme to Juve :)
I am one of the few people who think Pirlo kicks ass. So I'm not sure what you're getting at. And Rossi's great, but he's the only true talent that is ready to play on the biggest level. Giovinco is not there yet for instance. And there are no replacements for Totti and Del Piero. Even Rossi isn't in that category right now.

And I truly believe that if the Americans had been a bit smarter, this would have been a very difficult game for Italy.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

USA vs Italy

Confederations, Group B, R1
Monday 15 June 2009, 1:30 GMT
Loftus Versfeld Stadion, Pretoria

Arabic Comm.--ART Sports-- FLV-1150Kbps--320*240

Pre Match Video

Match Preview
Click Here for Video

Italy 1 - 1 USA Match Highlights of World Cup 2006
Click Here for Video

Goals

First Goal for USA by Donavan of a PK 41
Click Here for Video

First Goal for Italy by Rossi , Great Goal 57
Click Here for Video

Second Goal for Italy by De Rossi 72
Click Here for Video

Third Goal for Italy by Rossi ! Outstanding Goal ! 94
Click Here for Video

Extras

A Header for Legrottaglie right to Goal 19
Click Here for Video

A Disallowed Goal for Italy for an Offside 37
Click Here for Video

Chances for both teams 87
Click Here for Video

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
The good thing about Lippi is that he can read the game and make proper changes.
yeah a masterpiece of tactic ... i think montolivo had 4 touches on the ball ... great influence by lippi ... come on ! rossi was good, montolivo was crap ... so no great tactic ... just a 50/50 chance of getting it right

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
De Rossi is such a waste playing as a DM pushing Pirlo's wheelchair around. He is a true box-to-box CM and should be the focal point of our midfield.

Gattuso even in his absolute peak was a borderline NT player. Now words can't describe how awful he is. His weaknesses are dribbling, running and passing.

Please, never IQ and Gilardino together, ever again.

I would go for a 4-3-2-1 with Rossi and Cassano playing behind a striker. De Rossi in the center of the midfield and a tackler beside him. A good one like Brighi and a more mobile playmaker to his left like D'Agostino or another tackler with some offensive ability.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seriously, I wont give Lippi credit for subbing him in early, this kid should start at all frigging times :tup: tup: What a wonderful fucking entrance :star: Also gave the team the mobility it needed in attack, he moves real well off the ball and opens up space for others.
It was very obvious that Lippi didn't want to put pressure on the guy. And it paid off.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Big game today by Egypt, if it weren't for their defense being so shit on set pieces they might have even beat Brazil. Egypt on form, is a formiddable team, just ask Ghana, Ivory Coast and Cameroon.

Mar 30, 2006
I am one of the few people who think Pirlo kicks ass. So I'm not sure what you're getting at. And Rossi's great, but he's the only true talent that is ready to play on the biggest level. Giovinco is not there yet for instance. And there are no replacements for Totti and Del Piero. Even Rossi isn't in that category right now.

And I truly believe that if the Americans had been a bit smarter, this would have been a very difficult game for Italy.
I was just reponding to the generation comment. The rest was in general, not towards you. I should have been more clear. Sorry.

I wonder what the chances of a Totti comeback are?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Big game today by Egypt, if it weren't for their defense being so shit on set pieces they might have even beat Brazil. Egypt on form, is a formiddable team, just ask Ghana, Ivory Coast and Cameroon.
Egypts 2nd half was best stuff of this tourno besides Spains first half (difference in meeting Brazil or NZ, so more impressed with Egypt) :tup: :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)