FIFA 12 (2 Viewers)

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
:sergio: Thought it would show Fifa 12 UT. Got full Juve besides Chiellini, Marchisio, Licht and Buffon.
Nice, I only got Chiellini, Lichtsteiner & Vidal. Marchisio will probably get an in-form edition rated 83 and I will probably get that one if it's not too expensive.

Juventino233

Jul 6, 2011
Pretty sure you can turn tactical defending off.
Not if you're playing online. But yes if you go to the settings you can change it back to legacy defending.

Tactical defending is the single stupidest thing FIFA has done in years. It totally ruined online play for me. In fact, I played one 10 game season online and probably won't ever play it again. I understand they wanted to bring a more realistic approach to defending but it does not translate well at all. You have failed me FIFA!!

Juventino233

Jul 6, 2011
Oh and for some reason the officiating is awefull! I've dominated teams and then out of nowhere i get a penalty for a foul where I get all ball and no player... i think they spent too much time with this contact engine and left the rest of the game play to dry.

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
You can press "select" during the game and you'll switch to controlling the keeper, let the cpu defend for you and switch back when you have the ball again. Not sure if and when EA is going to fix this though.

Sep 21, 2010
The defending is awful, hopefully an update will come out soon that makes your opponent actually have to play defense himself. Many rely on the LT+A jockey to just sit in front of you. Sooooo annoying.

Hopefully we are all winning our head to head games to help the Juventus fan rating thing.

May 22, 2007
Look at what the new FIFA challenge is.

Edit: I'm actually enjoying the new defending system. Had great fun against someone playing as Barcelona online, constantly tackling all their players with Luiz Gustavo.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm starting to get the hang of the new defensive system but I really don't like how you can't press players in possession without leaving yourself horribly exposed.

I feel like I'm constantly getting the stupidest goals scored against me that would be so easily preventable if I could press players without getting skinned every single time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)