few notice them,but you do... (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
here you can tell us all about this player(young or old) that you've been paying attention to that hardly anyone else mentions.:)

he could be a potential world beater,or a great player no one else has uncovered before, or even someone we see week in week out but never really notice.

tell me.:)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, the closest I can think of is Alan Smith. Not always positively talked about, but he's my favourite EPL player. He's class :thumb:

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
his disciplinary record wasn't exactly something to shout about in previous seasons,but it's great to see someone conciously cleaning up his act:)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
One minute he's up in attack fighting for the ball, and the next he's making a brutal tackle in his own box. Thats what I love about him :D ;)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Smith is Leed's golden boy, he's from the town and grew up through the ranks of their youth teams. He also vowed not to leave the club even if it got relegated. Smith is the only attacker that I can think of who literally tackles the opposing defenders whenever possible :D

Anyway, I don't think he would be a world-beater one day and will always remain in Owen's shadow.

I like Joe Cole's talent though and fancy him to be a great player in the future, sort of a new-Gazza .. I also think Modena's Diomansy Kamara will have a bright future and might be walking in Henry's footsteps .. In Spain Ferrando Torres already is showing great potential .. Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo too already plays for a massive club like Man Utd .. and ofcourse in Italy Miccoli will be stealing the show ..

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I like Joe Cole's talent though and fancy him to be a great player in the future, sort of a new-Gazza .. I also think Modena's Diomansy Kamara will have a bright future and might be walking in Henry's footsteps .. In Spain Ferrando Torres already is showing great potential .. Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo too already plays for a massive club like Man Utd .. and ofcourse in Italy Miccoli will be stealing the show ..
watched him in the inter match,he was very very impressive:thumb:

he's got big feet:D

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Nemanja Vidic - Red Star Belgrade - Defender

He's only 21 and he attracted great interest from many very big teams (ManU and Real). He's a captain of the team and the best young defender i have seen in a long time. Parma tried to sign him, but price (i believe 8 million EURO) was too much for them. Whoever has a chance to watch EURO qualifying game Italy - Serbia&Montenegro can see for him/herself the skill this guy has.

Hydde

Duke NUKEM
Mar 6, 2003
Mao Molina - Deportivo Independiente Meellin (colombia)

The guy is the likes of a saviola,, but have a terrfying shoot, and is very young.

In the coppa libertadores was one of the best

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Lee Chun Soo!

Watch out for him alongside Darko and Nihat this season :thumb: He didn't get much of a chance in the World Cup, but he's only 22 and still has a lot to show IMO

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Players like three-four or more seasons ago that I thought would be great:

Before they were as popular as they are/where today

Joe Cole
Dejan Stankovic
Adrian Mutu
Pirlo
Ventola :wallbang: I expected so much from him
Di Vaio
Saviola,
Mehgni (spelling? the one that plays for Bologna, I met him personally already)
Le Tallieac, and this other guy that looks like Kluivert, both French players who Liverpool have now ( I met both of them too)
Frey
Ronaldinho
Alex (who played with Ronlaldinho for the Brazilian u-19 squad some years back)
D'Alessandro
Maximo Lopez (met him also)
Harry Kewell
Nedved (I knew he was great even before he joined Lazio)
Milan Baros
Di Natalie
Eto'o
Toldo
Pires
Simone Inzaghi :wallbang: (when he was like 20 I thought he would be 10 times better than his brother, he disappoints me, he's just like his damn brother)

Over passed/looked talent:

Di Canio
Mancini
Zola
Albertini
Juninho
Kiko
Sonny Anderson
Okocha
Anelka
Nakata
Montella
Darko Kovacevic (even when he was at Juve, I was like, yow, this guy should start over Inzaghi)
Maurizio Ganz :thumb:
Boban
Leonardo
Paulo Sergio (back in Roma days, he was remarkable)
Balbo
Mihajtovic
Suker :cool: (I thought he was great)
Kanu (this guy is unbelievable IMO, got to Lazio man!!)

Sep 28, 2002
where did you met all of them?

i can't think of anyone now but i always though that tacchinardi is a great player even few years ago when he sucked arse and everyone wanted him to be sold. :strong:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
The Fifa Under 17 tournament was hosted in TT about 3 years ago. France won and they were celebrating at the Presidents house which is like right by me. I know the president ;) His wife and my grandmother were really close.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i've got some class players here

Zenden ;)
Jardel ;)

Hisham Abocharwane...i've actually seen him play...ohhhh mmmyyy woooorrdd :eek: he's got a better left foot then giggs IMO :eek:

Carlos Tevez :thumb: world beater

Emanuele Mancini...sad to say he's in ROMA :fero:

Lamine Sakho, Yakubu of Portsmouth, ADU :dazed:,

Danny Bothroyd, Cribari

etc...

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
Hisham Abocharwane...i've actually seen him play...ohhhh mmmyyy woooorrdd :eek: he's got a better left foot then giggs IMO :eek:
Should've seen him in last year's African Champions League.:eek:

I agree, the very first EPL match I've seen this year was Leeds vs. Newcastle and I was impressed by Sakho. Why the hell would Marseille let someone like that go!!:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)