Fernando Llorente (175 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
very limited player, Juve would have to play a very specific kind of game for Llorente to be effective and against a variety of CL opponents I can't see Juve being successful with Llorente playing upfront. somebody who believes in him please reason how a player with such slow reflexes, slow pace, weak shot and non-existent dribbling skills can be successful against any European heavyweight.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He was poor, but I don't think it really mattered with the way Juve played most of the game.

Even if he'd managed to perfectly control the balls that were being played into him, very seldom were there useful runs being made from other Juve players that he could have found.

You could see when Vucinic came on how much better things work when you have a main centre-forward and someone in behind.

Then Llorente's normal movement, even when he isn't threatening to do anything useful when on the ball, created a lot of space for Vucinic that enabled Juve to get into some pretty good positions that they (Isla) should have done more with.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I wouldn't be mad if we sold him
He is definitely good enough to be on our bench but not on his wages

Arsenal would probably play. Maybe Atletico would spend big if they sell Costa.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be mad if we sold him
He is definitely good enough to be on our bench but not on his wages

Arsenal would probably play. Maybe Atletico would spend big if they sell Costa.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'll introduce the disgusting peasants to something called form.

When a player consistantly plays and can build up, you can get in form, and when you stay fit and dont overplay, and work hard, you can keep a good form for most of the season.

Llorente, was out of the game for nearly an entire year. Then did SO much efford to get in there, at some point scoring nearly every game, he peaked hard. Now, he faces the inevitable drop of form, cause he doesnt have that continuity. In his case, there is also matchfitness and recovery, wich has to be taken in effect aswel considering this unique situation

When he has a good long summer without physical issues, he'll be in good shape starting next season, and will be much more consistant troughout it

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He needs Tevez. Llorente prefers to bring balls down with 1 or 2 touches to a teammate running off him. Asking him to make runs or to bring balls down and dribble opponents is not realistic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)