Fernando Llorente (10 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Even on a bad day where most of his touches aren't going his way and nothing he tries really works, still pops up with a goal to seal the game. Champion. Reminds me of Trezeguet in a way. Real poacher.

Forza Nando and LOL @ lino the Canadian tire hoe.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Even on a bad day where most of his touches aren't going his way and nothing he tries really works, still pops up with a goal to seal the game. Champion. Reminds me of Trezeguet in a way. Real poacher.

Forza Nando and LOL @ lino the Canadian tire hoe.
He's a little bit better than Trezeguet with the ball, but he isn't half the poacher. David was the man when it came to positioning and finishing.

However, I still consider Llorente as a poacher. That is the description that makes the most sense. He's not a prototypical target man as he doesn't always play with his back towards goal. He is more like Trezeguet in that he's always looking for angles between the defense as opposed to just sitting stationary. Moreover, he isn't a complete forward either; that would mean he could also dribble and create plays.

He's just a poacher, as Marchisio has said before.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I've been saying he's a poacher from day one and people insisted in "correcting" me he was a target man. He's just not that typical lying deep type, he can move, track back and hold the ball when needed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've been saying he's a poacher from day one and people insisted in "correcting" me he was a target man. He's just not that typical lying deep type, he can move, track back and hold the ball when needed.
So have I, people here call us idiots for doing so, who cares. I have seen 22 years of football and it is nonsense to call Llorente a target man; it's even degrading.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
He's a little bit better than Trezeguet with the ball, but he isn't half the poacher. David was the man when it came to positioning and finishing.

However, I still consider Llorente as a poacher. That is the description that makes the most sense. He's not a prototypical target man as he doesn't always play with his back towards goal. He is more like Trezeguet in that he's always looking for angles between the defense as opposed to just sitting stationary. Moreover, he isn't a complete forward either; that would mean he could also dribble and create plays.

He's just a poacher, as Marchisio has said before.
Wait... Marchisio has been posting here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)