Fernando Llorente (6 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Nope, completely the opposite, in 11/12 season(Athletic time general). He came back and helped alot in the midfield. He was a deeplying targetman, a guy who controll the ball and pass it wide or made a lay off and ran into the box.

Now he's much more into the box than he used to be. Because he now has world class teammates and he has not found his form yet. Currently he is failling alot of passes and awesome lay offs which you rarely saw in Athletic. He has always been a deeplying targetman.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I've watched that 11/12 Bilbao season very closely and 75% of his goals were from inside the box from his usual center position and some of them were 'stolen' goals as a true poacher would do. Not from controlling or passing it to anyone.

He's much more playing as a Target man now than he did in Bilbao cause that's how our system works, he's doing, or at least, is supposed to do what Vucinic was doing before, that much i can agree with. But All his goals for us so far were either from 5-yard headers or the kind a true number 9 always scores.

"Deep lying targetman" is just a fancy word for Poacher.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, what's important here is that it's good to have a guy who will be there in the box and make good out of those chances. Either from the air or just an easy tap in. Keep 'em coming.

- - - Updated - - -

"SEEEEE!!" guy is so awesome :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
"I always try to help the team with my movement," he told Sky Sport.

"My improvement is no coincidence, but came from hard work. I get on very well with Carlos Tevez and I am happy to be at the club."

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Happy for him he scored again.He adds a lot to our play. Finally crosses and long balls make sense.

Keep starting him with Tevez even when Vucinic comes back. Their partnership is looking better and better.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not to take anything from Llorente, I like the guy and he's a very good striker, his game has more aspects, but if we strictly compare finishing then I must say his finishing is inferior to Trezeguet's. Trezeguet's shooting technique was better, more precise and if you haven't seen much of Trezeguet simply look at the goal/games ratio.

You're talking about anticipation I believe and probably striker with the best anticipation was Inzaghi. That guy really knew where to position himself, some called it luck, but he had incredible feeling where the ball will drop. Most of his goals were easy tap ins.

Mar 9, 2006
Not to take anything from Llorente, I like the guy and he's a very good striker, his game has more aspects, but if we strictly compare finishing then I must say his finishing is inferior to Trezeguet's. Trezeguet's shooting technique was better, more precise and if you haven't seen much of Trezeguet simply look at the goal/games ratio.

You're talking about anticipation I believe and probably striker with the best anticipation was Inzaghi. That guy really knew where to position himself, some called it luck, but he had incredible feeling where the ball will drop. Most of his goals were easy tap ins.
BS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)