Fernando Llorente (19 Viewers)

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
so you would agree there is much more to come from him ?
Yeah, I've followed him most of his career. I know what he is capable of and he is not even showing it all. But it will come slowly, remember he hasn't played for a year.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I've watched that 11/12 Bilbao season very closely and 75% of his goals were from inside the box from his usual center position and some of them were 'stolen' goals as a true poacher would do. Not from controlling or passing it to anyone.

He's much more playing as a Target man now than he did in Bilbao cause that's how our system works, he's doing, or at least, is supposed to do what Vucinic was doing before, that much i can agree with. But All his goals for us so far were either from 5-yard headers or the kind a true number 9 always scores.

"Deep lying targetman" is just a fancy word for Poacher.
Basically what Red meant. His english is far better than mine. :D

But the point being made was that he played a major role in Athletic Club's build-up play before he moved forward into the box. Not necessarily immediately before a goal, but in the general move that got the team up the pitch and in a good position to mount an attack.

He wasn't just loitering high up the pitch and not contributing to general team play in the way a Trezeguet or Inzaghi typically would.

I wouldn't say he was 'deep-lying', particularly, at Athletic Club, but he was expected to/given the freedom to drift around a bit more.

With Juve having Tevez, Llorente is expected to provide more of a fixed focal point and to occupy defenders that way in order to create the space for Tevez behind him.

- - - Updated - - -

Big gap between being a good finisher - which Llorente undoubtedly is - and being as good a finisher as Trezeguet.

Very few people in the history of football have been as good at finishing as Trezeguet.
:tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I do like how he scored his leg goals using his weaker foot.

granted they werent strong strikes, but it takes skill to hit the ball well when your not balanced properly and have to use your weaker foot

edit: I jsut realized he actually scored with his right againt napoli. so yeah forget what i said. but the madrid goal counts

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I do like how he scored his leg goals using his weaker foot.

granted they werent strong strikes, but it takes skill to hit the ball well when your not balanced properly and have to use your weaker foot

edit: I jsut realized he actually scored with his right againt napoli. so yeah forget what i said. but the madrid goal counts
Still don't get how he managed to generate so much power for his first Madrid goal. It was a weird angle and he was completely off balance.
I noticed this but forgot to comment.

The shoot was pretty strong taking in consideration the way eh hitted it and how off balance he was.

I think i saw a similar shoot in his bilbao days compilation,,,, where he practically cemented his foot in the grass in an akward position and the ball went in very powerful in weird fashion. Ill look for it later

It seems is a way of hitting the ball he knows how to do.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
it's crazy how good he is at controlling long passes. i remember this strong pass from either vidal or isla where he stuck his leg out and boom, brought it down.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
All the great wingers I know are close to retirement. Rothen. Vicente. Joaquín. Giuly.
Funny, I was just thinking about that Monaco team the other day. One of my biggest bandwagon moments, and I was so disappointed that they lost the final :(

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Although he has his bad moments, Llorente's first touch, intelligence and passing is 23928392832938 times better than Matri's. No comparison. Thanks God Milan paid 12M for him. Lol.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Although he has his bad moments, Llorente's first touch, intelligence and passing is 23928392832938 times better than Matri's. No comparison. Thanks God Milan paid 12M for him. Lol.
steal of the century.

the guy is nowhere to be seen at milan.

they even suggested last week that they are in this poor state because of funds badly invested.. and imo matri is definitely in that category

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)