Fernando Llorente (9 Viewers)

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
He puts other players in 100% goal scoring oppurtunities at least two times per match. Unlucky to not have more assists, that being said he should improve his finishing.
Yep, could have had alot of assist by now. I don't know what Pogba and Pirlo were doing.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
No, I can hold my own, thank you. I report what I see. We are moving into November, and I have no regrets making the assessment I'm making of Llorente tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

You wish :D
I'll let the recent evidence be the judge of that.

As for Llorente, whilst not setting the world on fire, he's actually an extremely useful target man, even when not playing at his peak. He should have had at least 1 additional assist and 1 or 2 more goals. He's getting better and will most likely come good. Don't be so quick to write him off.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'll let the recent evidence be the judge of that.

As for Llorente, whilst not setting the world on fire, he's actually an extremely useful target man, even when not playing at his peak. He should have had at least 1 additional assist and 1 or 2 more goals. He's getting better and will most likely come good. Don't be so quick to write him off.
I'm not writing him off, but tonight he was just terrible, there's no getting around that. "Should've had 2 goals" my ass. He received two perfect crosses and made a meal of both. And several of his touches resulted in Catania counterattacks. As a fan, one is entitled to be critical of that.

I'm hoping he'll come good, and I haven't written him off yet. But it has to be allowed to criticize.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I'm not writing him off, but tonight he was just terrible, there's no getting around that. "Should've had 2 goals" my ass. He received two perfect crosses and made a meal of both. And several of his touches resulted in Catania counterattacks. As a fan, one is entitled to be critical of that.

I'm hoping he'll come good, and I haven't written him off yet. But it has to be allowed to criticize.
Thank you.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I don't see how you would take that as underlining your point? He should've buried those, but he didn't. How is that a testament to his strengths?
You're right he should have buried them. That's our point, he's not in top form and should be criticised for missing such chances, but we know that when his form improves, these sort of chances will be his bread and butter.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Lion convinced you that you "pwned" me, so that is the only argument you have left. Why don't you stick to the topic at hand, instead? Tell me again how well Llorente did.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Lion convinced you that you "pwned" me, so that is the only argument you have left. Why don't you stick to the topic at hand, instead? Tell me again how well Llorente did.
I don't need anyone to convince me that you were owned when you clearly owned yourself. Some on this forum do need their ideas validated by others, don't they?

Look back at the thread, I was always on topic until you childishly called for your backup, which is sad for a 30 year old (assuming 83 means you were born then)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
In the post of yours I quoted when I mentioned Aus, you said that Llorente was miles ahead of Matri tonight, which just isn't true. Llorente did not have a good game. I mentioned him because Aus and I share two things: 1) that we used to be avid defenders of Matri and 2) because we both hate your guts.

It has nothing to do with "backup".

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
In the post of yours I quoted when I mentioned Aus, you said that Llorente was miles ahead of Matri tonight, which just isn't true. Llorente did not have a good game. I mentioned him because Aus and I share two things: 1) that we used to be avid defenders of Matri and 2) because we both hate your guts.

It has nothing to do with "backup".
Mhm - anyhows, Llorente is and will always be streets ahead of Matri, even though I still respect Matri as a player.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not denying that Llorente is the better player, I just want him to show that in our jersey. So far the jury is out. Hoping he'll come good eventually, and I've been quite supportive too. Tonight was a setback, but we'll just have to see where he goes from here.

Jem is capable of hating guts? Linebreaks finest work to date :p
I may have exaggerated a little bit there....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)