Fernando Llorente (10 Viewers)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think Conte knows what he's doing. He's not playing Llorente for a reason.

Once Llorente regains fitness and match form, I think he'll take away Vucinic's starting spot.

Vucinic is way too inconsistent IMO. Amazing one day, frustrating as hell the next.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I really don't get why he wouldn't play him? Today's match was the perfect match to put him in.
And if he failed to impress against your biggest rivals then people would be calling for his head, think it makes more sense to try him against Copenhagen first. Or if not CL, then Verona at the weekend.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
And if he failed to impress against your biggest rivals then people would be calling for his head, think it makes more sense to try him against Copenhagen first. Or if not CL, then Verona at the weekend.
It would be his first official match how would anyone be calling for his head? And there's no if's here, he fits perfectly for these type of matches and the team needed a finisher upfront.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Never underestimate kneejerk fans, there were people here calling him $#@! during preseason ffs.
This.
Not to mention stupid journalists calling Conte "amateur" for fielding an adapting player into such an hostile and important match, and waiting for him to save the day.

- - - Updated - - -

He should get minutes in the next 2. If not, then I will worry. I sort of expect Gio and Llorente against Verona.
I expect minutes in the next 2 games at the very least.... and maybe 2 starts in the next 4 games.

If he doesnt start against the likes of chievo and torino, then something is definitely wrong.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's a bit of both. I think Llorente is rusty, but I also think Conte is being a bit stubborn as far as his selection goes. I dunno if he wants to prove a point to Marrotta with this one. Just speculating like the rest of y'all.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
how fucking rusty is he? has been with Conte in preseason since day 1.

just bullshit.
This!

Do some of you even believe that the dude doesn't have physical fitness for 20 fucking minutes of playtime? It's not like he was coming from a season long injury, he did get some games under his belt at Bilbao. Bale had a grand total of 6 full training sessions this whole preseason and yet he started in his first game at Madrid. (And yeah I know it's like comparing oranges with apples but still..)

Mar 10, 2009
It's a bit of both. I think Llorente is rusty, but I also think Conte is being a bit stubborn as far as his selection goes. I dunno if he wants to prove a point to Marrotta with this one. Just speculating like the rest of y'all.
I agree with this, and people go on about him needing to get into "match practice first" but he won't be able to if he's not even given the chance to play in the first place. If conte is really serious about his claims, then he would have given him at least 20 minutes against Lazio when we were cruising.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
If he doesn't get some playing time by Verona (esp. since it is home match) then I think there will be reason to be worried, but until then I don't think so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)