Fernando Llorente (54 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The way the match was going it really didn't suit Llorente coming in.

The gap between our midfield and attack was getting stretched and we needed someone to come in and fill the gaps. I am all for Llorente playing ahead of Quag but on this occasion I think Conte made the correct choice.
Really? we were playing long balls and we really needed presence in their box for such play. We also need to hold the ball and Llorente would have been the obvious choice to have him play with his back to their goal. Instead Conte put in Quagliarella who is the exact opposite of what we needed, he could have put on Giovinco and it would have resulted in the same effect.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 31, 2008
Fernando Llorente is part of the squad, but he was out for a year and that means losing sharpness, so he needs time to get back to full fitness. I won’t throw him into the mix before he’s ready just to keep the media happy

Conte

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I think Copenhagen will be the perfect match to get his first start!
Then, some minutes against Verona..I hope he really does get his chance real soon and seize it when it finally comes!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For now, ill just see how things develop.
By december, we will know if he is staying or going out. Because, unlike isla, there are some teams from spain waiting to pounce on him. And if he is not in contes plan, I can see juve trying to get a profit from this bosman signing.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Really? we were playing long balls and we really needed presence in their box for such play. We also need to hold the ball and Llorente would have been the obvious choice to have him play with his back to their goal. Instead Conte put in Quagliarella who is the exact opposite of what we needed, he could have put on Giovinco and it would have resulted in the same effect.
True.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I think Llorente's first real appearance has to be when you guys are winning comfortably in the 60th minute or so (at least 2 goals up). See against Copenhagen I guess.

May 22, 2007
Fernando Llorente is part of the squad, but he was out for a year and that means losing sharpness, so he needs time to get back to full fitness. I won’t throw him into the mix before he’s ready just to keep the media happy

Conte
Or Juve fans, but I'm guessing that was better left unsaid.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

Conte
This right here is it. This should end any further discussion on it.

LLorente won't play until Conte thinks he's ready. End of story. The thread can be locked now and reopened when it happens.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh plz, he's been with us the whole summer and it's not like he never played last season for Bilbao. He got a few games toward the end and he did fine.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yep. Idk if Conte never wanted him to begin with or he expected him to be better but saying he lacks match sharpness is a ridiculous excuse imo.
This is my only concern. At this stage he must be very well fit to play 60 mins at least. I think he is saying this matchfitness excuse to not put him under too much pressure. I really wanted to see him against Inter but im not sure if that was the best of ideas.

But in the next 4 games, starting with the copenhagen one, there will be plenty of chances for him to go in.

If this trend continues after those games, he is undoubtely done for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)