Fernando Llorente (26 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think he - like every manager - likes to have one in the squad to provide a different option.

Conte certainly seemed keen to use Borriello when he had him, and the suggestion was that it was his presence and hold-up play that was getting him a game ahead of Matri.

At a time like this when a team is struggling, a player like Llorente can aide a team hugely by enabling them to score some pretty easy/cheap goals.

Feel you general have to work much harder/better to get chances/goals when playing the likes of Vucinic or Giovinco with Tevez.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
"Look at this fucking guy"
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I think he - like every manager - likes to have one in the squad to provide a different option.

Conte certainly seemed keen to use Borriello when he had him, and the suggestion was that it was his presence and hold-up play that was getting him a game ahead of Matri.

At a time like this when a team is struggling, a player like Llorente can aide a team hugely by enabling them to score some pretty easy/cheap goals.

Feel you general have to work much harder/better to get chances/goals when playing the likes of Vucinic or Giovinco with Tevez.
what seems strange is he seemed to show more faith in boriello than Llorente.

Yes I know it's still early so let's see how it develops.

With wingbacks and trying to force things into the box it would be nice to have another outlet than to our SS's feet with their backs to goal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Was it that he showed more faith in Borriello or just that he had less faith in Juve's other forwards than he has in the ones at his disposal just now?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Was it that he showed more faith in Borriello or just that he had less faith in Juve's other forwards than he has in the ones at his disposal just now?
The Borrielo situation is one of the big riddles i have not been able to decipher with Conte. I just could not understand why he used him more than, del piero for example. Well, with del piero something even deeper was going on, so theres no point to try to guess.

But now that Matri is gone.. it seems that Conte doesnt liked how Matri played at all, to the point that he decided to use an average scorer like Borrielo ahead of Matri, just for the composure he had with the ball at his feet.

Bu still, he loved to bench a healthy quags and matri for Borrillo...and that is just too weird. I started to think for a moment that those 2 had something gayish going on

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
To be honest, QUags was alone indeed. I think ill have to review the play again... but was not aware that it was because some players were covering llorente. It makes sense... because minutes before the goal..LLorente found himself in2 or 3 goal chances. So maybe the defenders were panicking a little and focused on him.

2 guys on llorente and quags marker also worried more about fernando and frees up space. Pogba and Quag then up against only one defender.
View attachment 52411

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
First Llorente was benched because Vucinic and the whole "don't touch a winning team" and now it's Quag and him getting into good form.

Poor Nando, he seems like a good player.. a real strong target player who's good both in air and with his feet. I really want to see him play a few games, think he could take our offence to a new level. Too bad Conte goes by recent success when choosing who to play next to Llorente. I think that in the long run this inconsistency won't do any of our strikers good. Including Tevez who is playing with somebody new every game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)