Fernando Llorente (31 Viewers)

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
We could, but the 2 CBs would surely have to be Bon & Barza. Can't push either of them wide. Re Chiellini saying he doesn't like it - I don't care too much. If it's an improvement for the squad, then that's what matters most.

I'd like to at least see how the following goes:

Llorente

Vucinic -------------------------- Tevez

Marchisio --------------- Vidal

Pirlo

Chiellini --- Bonucci --- Barzagli --- Lichsteiner

Buffon​

This isn't for the Milan game, though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Chiellni is clumsy and I'd like to see him less with a ball at his feet. Him playing as LB is exactly the opposite.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Playing Chiello as a LB in the 4-3-3 is ok, as he would relief the LW ( Vucinic/Tevez ) from defensive duties as he would always stay back and he could hold his own defensively.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Regarding the miss at the end of the match, I could only see the replay where Nando decided to shoot rather than pass the ball to Quag. Did Nando not see Quag or Quag was in an offside position?

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
What people don't realize is that he is not only a target man for crosses, he also diverts attention away from other players. If you noticed on quags goal vs gala, two or three men were on fernando and left pogba and quag virtually unmarked.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
What people don't realize is that he is not only a target man for crosses, he also diverts attention away from other players. If you noticed on quags goal vs gala, two or three men were on fernando and left pogba and quag virtually unmarked.
Yes you sir are correct but there are some who will call you 'peasant with no tactical knowledge'. As for me you just nailed it. Llorente up front is a gold for other players. He attracts attention, fights with defenders and makes space for other players like Quag vs Gala. We need a player like him upfront but some just don't get it.

On the other hand Llorente alone won't fix anything here. The guy's played as CF in 433 for his whole career and you can see he's born to be in the box.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
To be honest, QUags was alone indeed. I think ill have to review the play again... but was not aware that it was because some players were covering llorente. It makes sense... because minutes before the goal..LLorente found himself in2 or 3 goal chances. So maybe the defenders were panicking a little and focused on him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:tup:

I do love a real focal-point centre forward.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
As soon as he came on he caused their CBs problems. Cannot understand why Conte refuses to play him. Irritating beyond all belief.
yes. I agree. him playing will open up a lot more room for tevez, marchisio and pogba/vidal to run in the box.

it's kind of hard to man mark him too, because it means you have to leave tevez open, or vice versa.

but it must be said that when this guy plays, peluso has to play as well.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im hoping for a Llorente tevez start....and then introduce quags in the second half to keep the guy warm. Then start Quags next game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)