Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,362
    You make it sound that he's all about heading and has no other skill, yeah heading is his main attribute but he has a pretty good ball control for a big guy and doesn't use his weaker leg only for walking.

As for him not suitable for our style, Conte preferred Borriello to others for his ability to play with his back to the goal, at which Llorente is very good.
    :tup:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Yeah, yeah... Well Ibra has exceptional technique, ball control, finishing with both feet etc.

Anyway, Llorente's not that bad in those terms, and that is precisely why I'm all for signing him at this point, for a cut-down price or on a free transfer. I have nothing against it at all, and in fact I welcome it. What I was against, from the start, was dishing out 15m+ (there was talk of 25-30m euros at one point) for a player I don't (and still don't) consider to be a "top player".

But would I say he's a good player? Yes. So for the prices being mentioned currently, let's get this bastard on board.

If I made it sound like he only has one skill (heading), that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to point out that he's in no way a very good player when it comes to his other attributes (technique, dribbling, ball control, pace etc.) But I would say he's still good enough with those attributes for it to be worth acquiring him on the cheap. Beggars can't be choosers.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    In my days as a Juventuz reporter I've never seen anything more done deal than this transfer.

First the basque media reported it (back in november).

Now Gazzetta and La Stampa are 100% sure it's done.
    Nothings ever done dealed till its done dealed you heaard.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    You have to be a Moratti level retard to not accept this guy for free. I mean, worst case scenario is that you can sell him for 15M after 1 year if he flops and make money lol.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Should we spend the money in January or wait till summer and get him free?

I'd say Drogba free now, Llorente free in summer and most of our money goes to a jovetic or Neymar :)
    Easy tiger, thats a whole lot of wages right there.

Llorente in the summer for free and a reasonable wage, and budged on jovetic.

You make it sound that he's all about heading and has no other skill, yeah heading is his main attribute but he has a pretty good ball control for a big guy and doesn't use his weaker leg only for walking.

As for him not suitable for our style, Conte preferred Borriello to others for his ability to play with his back to the goal, at which Llorente is very good.
    :tup:

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,380
    For sure in the summer with a glimpse of hope in the winter mercato. If we don't get either him or Drogba in a month then we'll go for Osvaldo and if we can't get him...MARCO BORRIELLO. :snoop:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)