Felipe Melo (76 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
That was not an option in the first place, you should know that. Conte is Juventus`coach, he decides which players will use and which he doesnt need, Melo found himself in the second group of players, and now he`s no longer a Juventus player. Despite his bad reputation and his 28 years of age, Marotta managed to sell him to the only club in Europe who was interested to make an offer for Melo, and the full price is still decent, so yeah, good job.

If you think that Melo should stay and start every game and etc, thats irrelevant and doesnt matter. I like Melo as a player too and if I was coaching Juve, I would definitely play him, alongside Pirlo and Vidal probably, but I am not. Conte is Juve`s coach, he knows and understands football better than me and every other member in the forum, even if there are users who think of themselves as the new Mourinho, Lippi or Capello and wont stop criticizing and complaining about everything in the club.
Im not bothered about the fact that he has to leave but more so about the fact that its a loan. I dont for once believe that Gala was the only interested club. Whilst that might be true for this short period of time, I do think that hanging on longer may have given us better options. Time should have been better spent on the players who we are going to struggle to sell. Melo aint shit, he aint really good, but his a good player that can be acquired by midtable teams and big teams can go for him if they need a backup player. Lets not forget all it takes is a domino affect in teh transfer market. For example if a big club sold their DM and they need a squad rotational DM then they may very well attempt to acquire Melo. The market still has many weeks to go, and many DM or CM will be sold and acquired. Loan doesnt bring us benefit as now we have to hope that he doesnt get injured or have a shit season. Also the fact that Gala can finance this move.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
If were not going to keep this guy, then they should have sold him, and not bullshitted around with this loan nonsense

We need MONEY to buy other players right NOW !!!!!

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
2M now, 13M later? Not bad. Melo really fucked himself over in his first season. Manager's fault or not, he really underperformed. This year he was great, but he had mega temper tantrums. 15M for Melo is a fair price, it would be nice to get all the cash now, but its fair IMO. I'll miss Melo. :frown:

If were not going to keep this guy, then they should have sold him, and not bullshitted around with this loan nonsense

We need MONEY to buy other players right NOW !!!!!
Hopefully our board recognizes this as the ability to spend 15M, as they know they'll get it back.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
the fuck?:wth:

we've loaned Melo to Galatasary? is this actually happening?

Marotta go get a job in a bank if you're that obsessed with loans and pissing away other people's money

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm not sure that this is a Marotta kind of loan+option.

In Marotta's deals it was obvious that the loan was actually the first installment (Motta loan 1.25 = total cost 5, Pepe loan 2.5, total cost 10 etc). Those were obviously the first of the 4 installments.
But here it makes no sense. Only 1.5m for the loan and then additional 13 (or 11.5).

I think this is a real loan+option to buy, in which Galata can easily decide not to buy next summer.
Awful deal. It only matches Giovinco's half sale.

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
Good move! As long as felipe doesn't kick any Turks in the face whilst playing he'll be alright. Besides that league is shit and if he can't perform there!........ Then we have a problem.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Galata wont be obliged though, esp next year when he will be almost out of contract, we wont ever recover half of the money we have invested, we should better keep him for depth, instead of signing Pazienza, the did of their salary and the 500k profit we made will never justify such a sell out...
This is how you can ruin a club like Juve, such moves are the perfect example...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
“The contract envisages the payment by Galatasaray of € 1.5m in three instalments to be paid during 2011/2012 financial year.

They even pay the 1.5m in three installments over the year :howler: So this summer we'll get whooping 500 000 euro cash for Felipe Melo. Amazing job Marotta. Now buy Poli's half for 7m euro.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
And for the people who consider Melo a really good player: why weren't lots of Europe's top sides after him at this knock-down price?
SOme sense finally, if there was really valid interest from other clubs with better proposal, we would have look into it. Even if there was, the player needs to make the decision to choose where he can go too. If he stayed, he would demoralize the team and how would his value would have gone lower, because i cant see how a players value can go higher when he is on the bench. He is no longer anywhere near to play for Brazil NT. Plus we did overpay for him at the first place. If the offers were there, Marotta would have chosen the higher offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)