Felipe Melo (144 Viewers)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
And for the people who consider Melo a really good player: why weren't lots of Europe's top sides after him at this knock-down price?
exactly! He has class at times but is WAY too inconsistent. Arsenal wanted him but realised how crap he was so they didnt think twice about buying him as soon as we put him on the market. Gala is the best he could get or head off back home to Brazil.. useless and clumsy! VIDAL >>>> MELO!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Are you sure?

It's probably not really a option. Just like with Matri. They're going to sign him.
not 100% but from what i understand :The agreement also includes the option right, to be exercised by Galatasaray within 31 May 2012, for the definitive acquisition of the football player at a price of € 13 million.
i translate that "definitive" to german also like "final" maybe there is also another meaning

lets hope, a loan with an option would be the most stupid thing to do for a 28 year old player. just imagine he gets injured etc

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
not 100% but from what i understand :The agreement also includes the option right, to be exercised by Galatasaray within 31 May 2012, for the definitive acquisition of the football player at a price of € 13 million.
i translate that "definitive" to german also like "final" maybe there is also another meaning

lets hope, a loan with an option would be the most stupid thing to do for a 28 year old player. just imagine he gets injured etc
"Definitive acquisition" just means that they will completely sign him. They'll own all of his contract. It's a term they always use on the Juve site.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Good job? You serious. So he negotiated out something which he shouldnt even be negotiating in the first place.
That was not an option in the first place, you should know that. Conte is Juventus`coach, he decides which players will use and which he doesnt need, Melo found himself in the second group of players, and now he`s no longer a Juventus player. Despite his bad reputation and his 28 years of age, Marotta managed to sell him to the only club in Europe who was interested to make an offer for Melo, and the full price is still decent, so yeah, good job.

If you think that Melo should stay and start every game and etc, thats irrelevant and doesnt matter. I like Melo as a player too and if I was coaching Juve, I would definitely play him, alongside Pirlo and Vidal probably, but I am not. Conte is Juve`s coach, he knows and understands football better than me and every other member in the forum, even if there are users who think of themselves as the new Mourinho, Lippi or Capello and wont stop criticizing and complaining about everything in the club.

May 22, 2007
They have loaned him. They have the "option" to "definitively acquire" him (AKA sign him outright) at the end of that loan.

That is my understanding.
Pretty much.

I don't know why the club would loan him out for a small price without a guarantee of selling him at the end of it, much like the deal we had with Udinese for Pepe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 144)