Felipe Melo (8 Viewers)

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Well, if we goes down then 433 then perhaps...or we could stay with the 442. He seems to be doing well in pre-season. Hopefully he can have a strong season...man, Pirlo on form is priceless.
true that but pre season games against a bunch of amateurs is different then the serie A of course
I think we can say things after the game against sporting

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
true that but pre season games against a bunch of amateurs is different then the serie A of course
I think we can say things after the game against sporting
Well, obviously that goes without saying:)

I am more curious as to how the team is actually flowing when in possession with him as the focal point rather than the actual fitness levels of the team.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Well, obviously that goes without saying:)

I am more curious as to how the team is actually flowing when in possession with him as the focal point rather than the actual fitness levels of the team.
I think the 4-2-4 of conte will actually look like a 4-3-3 a lot of times

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Last season Melo was way better than Marchisio, you could argue that Marchisio was playing out of position on the left, but in all honesty, Melo is a better defensive MF too, compared to the few games Marchisio played as a DM.
I see Marchsio more of a box to box MF, sitting infront the DM, and just making those run behind the strikers.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Last season Melo way better than Marchisio, you could argue that Marchisio was playing out of position on the left, but in all honesty, Melo is a better defensive MF.
I see Marchsio more of a box to MF, sitting infront the DM, and just making those run behind the strikers.
finally someone who agree that marchisio and melo are different kind of players

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Last season Melo way better than Marchisio, you could argue that Marchisio was playing out of position on the left, but in all honesty, Melo is a better defensive MF too, compared to the few games Marchisio played as a DM.
I see Marchsio more of a box to MF, sitting infront the DM, and just making those run behind the strikers.
But it's an unfair comparison. You may as well just say Melo is a better DM than Marchisio is a frickin' LM...that would hold true, absolutely. Marchisio isn't a DM and isn't mean to play like one.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Well for one....

The whole Melo is a DM and Marchisio is a CM argument is redundant. Why compare the two or compare there impact if at the sight of stats you shy away to that argument ?

Two, marchisio is highly underrated , sure he's no vidal but he scored 4 goals this season and I believe 2 of those were at crucial times. Talk about clutch? He's also clean in possession if there is anyone on the team I would bet on to not lose the ball it would be claudio..now if only melo had half of his ball retention skills he wouldn't give the ball in our final third trying fancy back-heels. Not taking anything away from melo though..

Apparently melo was supposed to be a good long ball passer...Besides his pass in the World Cup I've seen very little of this, and I don't count his passes that switch play as good passes because they are really easy to do. True defensively he was a beast, almost like a wall in front of the defence. But his ability going forward left a lot to be asked. Defensively, Marchisio tries his hardest, no he doesn't win every ball but he likes to fight something I praise him for.

At the end of the day Melo and Marchisio serve seperate purposes, neither was more important than the other in finishing 7th (which btw isn't an accomplishment). Sissoko could have done melo's job just as efficiently. Credit for saving this season goes to Quagliarella and Matri. Quag was our rise and downfall, while Matri helped stabilize a sinking ship. Which Melo didn't help with his rash actions during the campaign. Oh yeah, one more thing! (jackie chan granpa voice) . If Melo had his head on right he would be a much better player, no reason to moan to the media about a bad season. A true leader would have called a team meeting during the season or something...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why are people talking about Marchisio here and who of them are best in what position etc..?!.. I wanna ask you guys if you think selling Melo was what we needed?
If we bring a better player, then sure. This question is too vague. It really depends on who we bring to replace him.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Why are people talking about Marchisio here and who of them are best in what position etc..?!.. I wanna ask you guys if you think selling Melo was what we needed?
In all honesty, no. But vidal is an upgrade and the stats prove it. And yes Vidal is a DM , a little unorthodox but still a DM.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well for one....

The whole Melo is a DM and Marchisio is a CM argument is redundant. Why compare the two or compare there impact if at the sight of stats you shy away to that argument ?

Two, marchisio is highly underrated , sure he's no vidal but he scored 4 goals this season and I believe 2 of those were at crucial times. Talk about clutch? He's also clean in possession if there is anyone on the team I would bet on to not lose the ball it would be claudio..now if only melo had half of his ball retention skills he wouldn't give the ball in our final third trying fancy back-heels. Not taking anything away from melo though..

Apparently melo was supposed to be a good long ball passer...Besides his pass in the World Cup I've seen very little of this, and I don't count his passes that switch play as good passes because they are really easy to do. True defensively he was a beast, almost like a wall in front of the defence. But his ability going forward left a lot to be asked. Defensively, Marchisio tries his hardest, no he doesn't win every ball but he likes to fight something I praise him for.

At the end of the day Melo and Marchisio serve seperate purposes, neither was more important than the other in finishing 7th (which btw isn't an accomplishment). Sissoko could have done melo's job just as efficiently. Credit for saving this season goes to Quagliarella and Matri. Quag was our rise and downfall, while Matri helped stabilize a sinking ship. Which Melo didn't help with his rash actions during the campaign. Oh yeah, one more thing! (jackie chan granpa voice) . If Melo had his head on right he would be a much better player, no reason to moan to the media about a bad season. A true leader would have called a team meeting during the season or something...
:tuttosport:

Hell fucking yeah, Kasaki. Good shit man. :tup: +rep

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Well for one....

perfect :) +rep

May 4, 2004
If we bring a better player, then sure. This question is too vague. It really depends on who we bring to replace him.
Ofc I would agree here, but that could be said about anyone in our team. Selling Krasic is fine if we bring in Messi.. Sell Chiellini and bring in Vidic etc.. If we had a squad that was done than fine, but we need to cover other positions before selling a quality player just to bring in someone who is IMO at most the same level as the one we are selling..

In all honesty, no. But vidal is an upgrade and the stats prove it. And yes Vidal is a DM , a little unorthodox but still a DM.
I hope Vidal does much better than Melo.. In the end he will be a player that was here and gone again.. We all want the best for this club but I really dont see the reason to sell Melo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)