Felipe Melo (361 Viewers)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Well for one....

The whole Melo is a DM and Marchisio is a CM argument is redundant. Why compare the two or compare there impact if at the sight of stats you shy away to that argument ?

Two, marchisio is highly underrated , sure he's no vidal but he scored 4 goals this season and I believe 2 of those were at crucial times. Talk about clutch? He's also clean in possession if there is anyone on the team I would bet on to not lose the ball it would be claudio..now if only melo had half of his ball retention skills he wouldn't give the ball in our final third trying fancy back-heels. Not taking anything away from melo though..

Apparently melo was supposed to be a good long ball passer...Besides his pass in the World Cup I've seen very little of this, and I don't count his passes that switch play as good passes because they are really easy to do. True defensively he was a beast, almost like a wall in front of the defence. But his ability going forward left a lot to be asked. Defensively, Marchisio tries his hardest, no he doesn't win every ball but he likes to fight something I praise him for.

At the end of the day Melo and Marchisio serve seperate purposes, neither was more important than the other in finishing 7th (which btw isn't an accomplishment). Sissoko could have done melo's job just as efficiently. Credit for saving this season goes to Quagliarella and Matri. Quag was our rise and downfall, while Matri helped stabilize a sinking ship. Which Melo didn't help with his rash actions during the campaign. Oh yeah, one more thing! (jackie chan granpa voice) . If Melo had his head on right he would be a much better player, no reason to moan to the media about a bad season. A true leader would have called a team meeting during the season or something...
I will rep your ass!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:lol: @ your rep..

But seriously, I like discussions like these. I usually stay away from other arguments (except giovinco :heart:) because they usually are just everyone insulting each other. *cough* Rossi and Aguero thread.
It gets annoying. I get insulted because my "argument is insulting". :dielaugh:

I love how no one has responded to any of my posts regarding stats.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
But it's an unfair comparison. You may as well just say Melo is a better DM than Marchisio is a frickin' LM...that would hold true, absolutely. Marchisio isn't a DM and isn't mean to play like one.
but he was considered as a deep lying MF/DM, was used there several times and then he was moved to LW due to the shortage of good players there. Marchisio has a better technique on the ball, he has better and more accurate shot and that is why he should play in a more advanced role in the MF, not as a winger, since he doesn't have the explosive pace, and isn't capable of doing the tasks required by a winger on a high level, like cutting in and out and etc. Add to it, Marchisio is versatile as player, you can stick him in several positions and he will do good, he will do just good, on the other hand Melo is holding MF, and he does a darn good job at it. Marchisio's potential hasn't been exploited to the fullest yet, since it is obvious he is an average holding MF, an ok LW, and has the potential of being a darn good attacking MF.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
It gets annoying. I get insulted because my "argument is insulting". :dielaugh:

I love how no one has responded to any of my posts regarding stats.
maybe because you are comparing a dm who's main duties is to sit in front of defense and close down opposition to a.....player that does nothing to the sort and is allowed more freedom going forward.

of course you conveniently forget to respond to what i send about marchisio also being invisible in the 2 seasons previous to the last one.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
but he was considered as a deep lying MF/DM, was used there several times and then he was moved to LW due to the shortage of good players there. Marchisio has a better technique on the ball, he has better and more accurate shot and that is why he should play in a more advanced role in the MF, not as a winger, since he doesn't have the explosive pace, and isn't capable of doing the tasks required by a winger on a high level, like cutting in and out and etc. Add to it, Marchisio is versatile as player, you can stick him in several positions and he will do good, he will do just good, on the other hand Melo is holding MF, and he does a darn good job at it. Marchisio's potential hasn't been exploited to the fullest yet, since it is obvious he is an average holding MF, a good LW, and has the potential of being a darn good attacking MF.
brb, eating a pizza:D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
maybe because you are comparing a dm who's main duties is to sit in front of defense and close down opposition to a.....player that does nothing to the sort and is allowed more freedom going forward.

of course you conveniently forget to respond to what i send about marchisio also being invisible in the 2 seasons previous to the last one.
I responded to that by countering your argument that Melo flopped his first season and did nothing special last season. There was no need to argue your point because Melo being the clown he is did it for me.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
..."I conveniently forgot". :lol:

I've been responding to every single post I can in this argument but I "conveniently forgot".

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i think you guys should stop now
no need to exaggerate
lion is hot tempered and cam is...eating pizza
lets just drop the issue
:)
I would drop the issue but when you have posters that probably haven't played the game beyond 12 years of age are trying to argue something with an "invisible" argument" and when they can't think of anything else to say they call you "challenged".

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marchisio is invisible...and Hustini is challenged. :D

And this is the only thing Melo lovers have taught me today. Good stuff. :tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I responded to that by countering your argument that Melo flopped his first season and did nothing special last season. There was no need to argue your point because Melo being the clown he is did it for me.
melo- 1 bad season were every single player bar chiellini and manninger were bad in. 1 good season. you love using "but it;s his first season!!!" argument for diego so i will use it as well and give melo a free pass.

marchisio- 4 seasons of invisibility. 3 pf those seasons he played in THE CENTER. so now more of you using the "herp he played left wing derp" argument.

u furious i have destroyed you? yeah u are.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
but he was considered as a deep lying MF/DM, was used there several times and then he was moved to LW due to the shortage of good players there. Marchisio has a better technique on the ball, he has better and more accurate shot and that is why he should play in a more advanced role in the MF, not as a winger, since he doesn't have the explosive pace, and isn't capable of doing the tasks required by a winger on a high level, like cutting in and out and etc. Add to it, Marchisio is versatile as player, you can stick him in several positions and he will do good, he will do just good, on the other hand Melo is holding MF, and he does a darn good job at it. Marchisio's potential hasn't been exploited to the fullest yet, since it is obvious he is an average holding MF, an ok LW, and has the potential of being a darn good attacking MF.
Sorry, I got derailed. I guess it's because I'm a "challenged person" that hasn't quite grasped elementary basics in vocabulary, arithmetic and basic everyday living.

My biggest beef here is the criticism on him is not fair because he was played out of position while melo had the luxury to play in his natural role doing what he is supposed to be good at. At the same time, people say marchisio has been bad for 2 seasons but don't want to admit Melo sucked ass his first season here. It is no coincidence he was considering one of the biggest transfer flops that year. I agree with a lot you said, as you actually can post a great argument, so thank you for that. Lastly, I feel that if you (we, as in Juventus) actually place Marchisio in his natural role consistently for a season surrounded by competent footballers, then there is no reason why he would not demonstrate his potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 361)