Felipe Melo (76 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That almost without fail you put forward a sensible point, whether I agree with you or not.

Also, it's always entertaining watching Andy disagree with you, since you are one of the the few folk he won't really put the boot into. :D
Well, Andy and I have a tremendous amount of respect and friendship for each other. We actually do agree on most points on football and life in general.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't disagree , for the most part, with what he said (save for the "almost perfect season" comment). My beef with him is that some of the things he said should not have been said to the media. It was very unprofessional. Some of these topics should be kept in house. Hasn't he heard of the term "no comment"? Just because they ask the question doesn't mean that you are obliged to answer it. He's not on trial here
you think and said the same way I did, and I totally agree with you. Some people love to mix everything with each other, the hatred towards the board, new transfer targets (his possible replacements) and his performance. Some people just fail to understand that the issue here is his childish and unprofessional behaviors. He is still a Juventus player, and he just can't talk this way, if he leaves and says all these is a different case, while you are a Juventus player, you just can't tell that your teammates aren't worthy of being here, you just can't tell the management to what to do with the manager, if they should fire him or not, and you just can't criticize the board for their transfers.

Seriously, it's ridiculous that some people accept behaviors like these, imagine if everyone acts like Melo, what a circus we will become..

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
How do our management treat our Italian players differently when Melo himself got another chance after a horrible season last year while Giovinco was shown the door?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
you think and said the same way I did, and I totally agree with you. Some people love to mix everything with each other, the hatred towards the board, new transfer targets (his possible replacements) and his performance. Some people just fail to understand that the issue here is his childish and unprofessional behaviors. He is still a Juventus player, and he just can't talk this way, if he leaves and says all these is a different case, while you are a Juventus player, you just can't tell that your teammates aren't worthy of being here, you just can't tell the management to what to do with the manager, if they should fire him or not, and you just can't criticize the board for their transfers.

Seriously, it's ridiculous that some people accept behaviors like these, imagine if everyone acts like Melo, what a circus we will become..
And not only they mix things together, they call those who don't agree with them idiots.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The problem with you folks is you can't take your Juve goggles off. It's the same story with the same people all the time. The fact of the matter is, anything negative any player says about the club or board will mean persistent derision by Juventus fans here, regardless of each player's argument. That is simply a fact, and it's exactly what discredits you. Unfortunately those same arguments are thrown at certain members around here, which is sad because we all wouldn't be here if we were not fans of the club. So there is an interesting sense of tribal mentality with any club fanbase that simply cannot logically evaluate a situation.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What about me?

I think Melo has crossed a line, and I've nothing like the attachment to Juve that most people round here have.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
you? you support aberdeen you're used to mediocrity hell you d even expect your players to embrace it as a creed :p no one is arguing his faux-pas, but in context(our organization and melo's temper) his reaction is somewhere between understandable and justifiable.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
you? you support aberdeen you're used to mediocrity hell you d even expect your players to embrace it as a creed :p no one is arguing his faux-pas, but in context(our organization and melo's temper) his reaction is somewhere between understandable and justifiable.
Judging by the crowds over the last couple of seasons, Aberdeen fans are far less accepting of declining standards than Juve fans are.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What about me?

I think Melo has crossed a line, and I've nothing like the attachment to Juve that most people round here have.
Because it's stupid not to think so. The management may be unpopular, incompetent, etc. but the club couldn't function if players just said whatever they thought to the media.

May 4, 2004

I'm with Melo on this one. But I do agree that players should not say everything to the media. If we look at it with other glasses, what Melo said Chiellini, Buffon and others already did before him, but with other words :p

Melo said some players are unworthy this team, HE IS RIGHT.. Buffon, Chiellini etc, said we need quality signings.. It's kinda the same but saying it in a different way ;)
Point is, this board sucks big time and the players know it.. Melo has balls to say it and he says it because he really would want to win with Juventus.. The guy is all heart.. I hope Conte can see that and this shit turns out good in the end, by keeping Melo.. We need quality and lets start by keeping the few we have!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Letter from Claudio Zuliani (http://www.zizoufans.com/2011/06/dear-felipe-letter-from-claudio-zuliani.html)
What do you think?
Please discuss.

---

Dear Felipe,[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From Brazil you send us relaxing vacation photos and messages of love to Mourinho and reminded everyone that Juve lacks champions like you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A few days later you issued a lengthy interview in which you reaffirmed to be a champion that improves the team, you transfer where you decide and that Juve lacks of respect towards you and you do not deny the all the transfer talks about you![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Dear Felipe,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think that your departure from the Viola locker room has not pulled out their hair and that the two years in Torino have elapsed with highs and lows.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A player like you, paid 25 million, has to prove a lot more.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I still think you're a good midfielder, but you're between a common midfielder and a regista and, above all, who has not yet figured out what it means to wear the colors of Juventus.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Felipe,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your next coach will be, perhaps (in case you don't leave us), Antonio Conte transfered at a young age from Lecce, who has worked hard, won so much and talked so little.

In the summer he was not often figured in the starting lineup of the newspapers, but he knew how to beat the competition and win a place im front of high level players.

Dear Felipe,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Believe me, if you want to make a mark at Juventus, you should begin taking a example from the old captain Antonio Conte.

[/FONT]
With bianconero love

Claudio"

P.S I still think that he is a very good player ...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I hate how every time a player says something you don't want to hear he is suddenly shunned like he killed a man. The treatment players receive just based on their words and not their play both by fans and management is totally retarded.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I hate how every time a player says something you don't want to hear he is suddenly shunned like he killed a man. The treatment players receive just based on their words and not their play both by fans and management is totally retarded.
There's good criticism and bad criticism. And then there's pimping yourself to other clubs.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's pimping himself because his name is in the paper and management won't tell him anything.

Imagine being Melo, being one of your team's best players and you know you give it your all every game. Then you get linked with transfers all summer, no one tells you anything.

Then you see Marchisio be invisible all season except for a couple times he shows up to kiss the fucking badge or say something like, "I'm a Juventino for life" and get a 5 year extension.

If Melo SUCKED I would not give him the benefit of the doubt but the reality is he is GOOD and I want to WIN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)