Felipe Melo (94 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The coach has to take a lot of slack, but you can't play professionally for 8 years and not realize that making a blind back heel in your defensive area is a stupid, stupid thing to do. Most of Melo's mistakes have been this kind. I can understand Diego's uselessness being attributed to the coach, but Melo has been playing like a school kid for quite some time now. And for that he has to take the blame.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Isnt it interesting though that a player, who was supposedly one of the best in his position last season, is now f--king up. His here now, new system, needs time. Our coach isnt helping him with his tactics what he himself has no idea on. Our players are running around like headless chickens. Everyone is blaming Melo only because of the amount we paid + couple of backheels. You could come out for many players in this team. Hey Molinaro is getting paid more then we here, does he deserve it? We probably would do a better business than him.

Oh and the money talk is nonsense. You could say that about every player and every situation, aka, why is DP injured again, why is he taking so long time to come back, his getting paid we need him, why is he now in such a bad form. I dont hear people saying that. Instead its all about, we need our DP, we need to play him so he can become better etc etc.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Why is Sissoko always injured.
Why isnt Amauri scoring 20 goals in a season.
Why is Diego not playing at his best.
Why is Tiago driving with a f-kin Ferrari and not playing at all and when playing, then playing poorly.
Why isnt Cannavaro showing his leadership skills.

Its funny that for some reason now everyone is attacking Melo. What about the previous transfers in previous summers? Theres a lot of players who deserve blame.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Oh and on a site note, yes i think we paid too much for Melo, but i still have hope for him especially if we get a coach who knows a thing or do about managing a football club.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Why is Sissoko always injured.
Why isnt Amauri scoring 20 goals in a season.
Why is Diego not playing at his best.
Why is Tiago driving with a f-kin Ferrari and not playing at all and when playing, then playing poorly.
Why isnt Cannavaro showing his leadership skills.

Its funny that for some reason now everyone is attacking Melo. What about the previous transfers in previous summers? Theres a lot of players who deserve blame.
These are all valid questions, and if you regularly read my posts you'll notice that I'm not only criticizing Melo. I've been pretty harsh on Amauri's, Canna's & Diego's performances as well. Because they too deserve to be criticized.

Tiago hasn't played much this season, so I can't say much about him right now, but he also has proven to be a flop in the previous seasons and was criticized a lot.

Don't have an answer to your question about Sissoko though.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Isnt it interesting though that a player, who was supposedly one of the best in his position last season, is now f--king up. His here now, new system, needs time. Our coach isnt helping him with his tactics what he himself has no idea on. Our players are running around like headless chickens. Everyone is blaming Melo only because of the amount we paid + couple of backheels. You could come out for many players in this team. Hey Molinaro is getting paid more then we here, does he deserve it? We probably would do a better business than him.

Oh and the money talk is nonsense. You could say that about every player and every situation, aka, why is DP injured again, why is he taking so long time to come back, his getting paid we need him, why is he now in such a bad form. I dont hear people saying that. Instead its all about, we need our DP, we need to play him so he can become better etc etc.
I think you are blaming Ciro way too much in this Melo situation. The guy had a few bad games and it simply destroyed his confidence and he couldn't handle the media getting on his back. The coach backed him and kept selecting him to try and boost but he isn't helping himself by not working hard especially in the last few games.

The guy has the talent obviously but he needs to concentrate more ffs

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Congratulations on the Golden Bin, Melo. Keep it up.

1 Felipe Melo 22.87% 4289
2 Quaresma 20.63% 3868
3 Tiago 9.99% 1873
4 Dida 9.56% 1792
5 Mancini 9.39% 1760
6 Huntelaar 6.84% 1283
7 Ronaldinho 6.07% 1139
8 Poulsen 6.06% 1137
9 Carrizo 4.37% 819
10 Julio Baptista 4.22% 792
what the hell is Poulsen doing there?

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
"I'm not bothered by the Golden Bin; it's nothing but radio rubbish.", Melo said before he added "This is one of my best years in football."

I believe in you Melo. You have massive qualities, just control your brain.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
The Golden bin :sergio:
clearly this was too harsh on Melo, at least he was great in some games unlike many others who have been flops for years without making it into the feild.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I'm surprised mega-goalscorer Huntelaar is up top. After all, Melo has scored just as many goals as this supposed super-striker.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Melo was great last season. How does he win the award when Quaresma is supposedly a world class winger and flopped with immediate impact?

What a bunch of morons voting for that award.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Melo was great last season. How does he win the award when Quaresma is supposedly a world class winger and flopped with immediate impact?

What a bunch of morons voting for that award.
And if Melo's case was deserving of this award, wouldn't Mancini also be equally, if not more, qualified? He was awesome at Roma, but now he's a stagnant turd at Inter.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Well, the timing of the voting didn't help Melo.

Just read the threads here from the last 2 weeks and you'll see how mad people here are at Melo.
The same feelings must be shared by the Juventini in Italy. They weren't thinking about his great games with Fiorentina. All they were thinking were the unfulfilled expectations. Since Juve are in terrible form, Diego and Melo were blamed the most (you can see it from the banners on the stadiums). Diego wasn't nominated so many Juve fans voted for Melo.

Add the non-Juve fans who also voted for a Juve player, and you realize why Melo won the award.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I personally don't care at all about this award, but I am not going to defend Melo.

He has been awful and such a huge disappointment at Juventus, I hope the shame of being awarded this will drive him to improve drastically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)