Felipe Melo (349 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Let me get this straight, this award is based on this season's performances?

Ronaldinho should not be on this list and neither should Poulsen.

If anything, Ronaldinho is one the best midfielders in serie a this season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Give him a break, he thought that was the greatest step of his carrier and then he gets one "worst player of the season in serie A" awards, after the other.

His form form and our chances dot seem quite good either, its normal that the pressure got to him and his tolerance for the haters has reached the bottom.
Although he consider us his future, he wasnt that disgraceful to Fiorentina before...

From our perspective better that, than regretting his transfer and his haters among us...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Melo has been in wretched form. Not solely because of the position asked of him, but in general. His mind is not focussed. Which can be said of many of our players. Far too many misplaced passes for a player who occupies a sensitive area of the pitch. And this is not simply tactical. For Brazil, he plays alongside a man who does a lot of the Destroyer work, which hs has done for us, alongside Momo, a few times. However when the Destroyer position is forced onto him, he loses composure. Marchiso is not an out and out destroyer, and Poulsen most definitely isn't, at least not in a Juve shirt, and I would suggest, not in italy. Perhaps in Spain, where the players are far more flimsy, he was feared, but not in Serie A, which is MUCH rougher than La Liga.
Italian football is rougher in general, or should I say more vicious, than any other major league I watch, other than the south american, particularly the argies. The Juve v Inter game would have seen at least 3 or 4 red cards if played in the premier league, and 4 or 5 deaths if played in La Liga...

Melo does need to improve. And he needs to be played next to players to allow him to do what he does best, which to my knowledge is driving the team forward as well as SUPPORTING the hatchetman. I do not share anyone' view that Poulsen has become a great player this season. Yes, he has improved dramatically on last season's corpse like showings, but still, he is way behind Momo and Marchiso in terms of CM possibilities, because he so often, offers nothing.

The strangest thing about Poulsen is that he is often superb for the Danes...far more prominent, much more of a star player, than Melo is for Brazil, but then again its easier to be a star player for the Danes as the quality of the squad is massively lower than that of the samba boys.

Melo can pass, can shoot, can tackle...but we need him to focus on ONE JOB only, rather than ask him to be an all action box to box midfielder. Marchisio can do that job, so can Momo.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
in reality, tiago deserves is more so, or quaresma they have been here for more than a season and proved shit all, melo has scored, i no goals arent everything but more than tiago has in his time here.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Melo has been in wretched form. Not solely because of the position asked of him, but in general. His mind is not focussed. Which can be said of many of our players. Far too many misplaced passes for a player who occupies a sensitive area of the pitch. And this is not simply tactical. For Brazil, he plays alongside a man who does a lot of the Destroyer work, which hs has done for us, alongside Momo, a few times. However when the Destroyer position is forced onto him, he loses composure. Marchiso is not an out and out destroyer, and Poulsen most definitely isn't, at least not in a Juve shirt, and I would suggest, not in italy. Perhaps in Spain, where the players are far more flimsy, he was feared, but not in Serie A, which is MUCH rougher than La Liga.
Italian football is rougher in general, or should I say more vicious, than any other major league I watch, other than the south american, particularly the argies. The Juve v Inter game would have seen at least 3 or 4 red cards if played in the premier league, and 4 or 5 deaths if played in La Liga...

Melo does need to improve. And he needs to be played next to players to allow him to do what he does best, which to my knowledge is driving the team forward as well as SUPPORTING the hatchetman. I do not share anyone' view that Poulsen has become a great player this season. Yes, he has improved dramatically on last season's corpse like showings, but still, he is way behind Momo and Marchiso in terms of CM possibilities, because he so often, offers nothing.

The strangest thing about Poulsen is that he is often superb for the Danes...far more prominent, much more of a star player, than Melo is for Brazil, but then again its easier to be a star player for the Danes as the quality of the squad is massively lower than that of the samba boys.

Melo can pass, can shoot, can tackle...but we need him to focus on ONE JOB only, rather than ask him to be an all action box to box midfielder. Marchisio can do that job, so can Momo.
I agree with you completely except about melo being a good passer.
But yes, i think that if he is given ONE specific job he would excel at it... rather than Ciro telling him to go down there and do whatever he feels like.

May 29, 2003
"I'm not bothered by the Golden Bin; it's nothing but radio rubbish.", Melo said before he added "This is one of my best years in football."

I believe in you Melo. You have massive qualities, just control your brain.
Juventus Midfielder Felipe Melo: I Don't Deserve The Golden Bin Award

The Brazilian does not put much stalk into the Bidone d'Oro; midfielder Felipe Melo won the Golden Bin award, given to the biggest flop in Serie A through a voting process. However, the 26-year-old is not concerned what other people think of him.

"If it were true then I'd be worried," he explained to the Brazilian website Lancenet. "However, this vote has no value in Italy, because it is done by a radio show that talks about Calcio and humour. This award has been assigned to players in the past in the same years they were vying to be the best in the world."

The former Almeria star suggested that Viola fans might be jealous that he now features for the Bianconeri instead of them.

"The moderators are from Florence and the Fiorentina fans have found my transfer to a rival team hard to swallow. I'm disappointed, because the Brazilian press has taken this seriously. I am only troubled by the prize itself because I believe this has been the best year of my career."

:flag1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 349)