Felipe Melo (77 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Only this guy? Ciro doesn't know how to run a team, let alone use Melo. Ciro's inability to utilize Melo in his ideal position is just one of the many incompetencies on display by our World Class tactician, Mr. Cheerio Ferrero.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I see him as a central midfielder playing alongside a more defensive minded anchor man...with Melo allowed to roam up and down the pitch. Much like Marchisio, but slightly more defensive.

I didn't see much of his games with fiorentina...did anyone else?

he looks fine playing alongisde silva for the brazil team. But we dont have silva...hohoho!

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I see him as a central midfielder playing alongside a more defensive minded anchor man...with Melo allowed to roam up and down the pitch. Much like Marchisio, but slightly more defensive.

I didn't see much of his games with fiorentina...did anyone else?

he looks fine playing alongisde silva for the brazil team. But we dont have silva...hohoho!
Asking Santa now, are we? Desparation...:D

I see. So even with Sissoko, this midfield wouldn't work. For me, Poulsen needs to be a bit better and much more consistent before I'd plant him as the anchorman in front of the defence. So something along the lines of Melo - Poulsen - Sissoko? Sissoko can't sit in front of the defence because he's always moving around.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I'm beyond sick of this guy. I just want him out of Juventus. His attitude stinks and his performances would be laughable if they were in the colours of any other team.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
The strange and annoying thing is that had we kept Zanetti, he would have been the perfect midfield partner to Melo...Because Zanetti can be trusted to sit in front of the defence, maintain position, tackle and pass. Whereas neither Melo nor Momo can do this job, both have brilliant attributes, but not to be used solely as an anchor to the team. As mentioned above by someone else...Momo loves to roam. As for Melo...who the fuck can say why his all round game has gone to the dogs. It seems much much worse than simply playing him out of position. That shouldnt affect his ability to pass the ball in a straight line...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
elvin, I agree mate, that a lack of decent or even a semblance of management has sent Melo and others into the doldrums, but still...is it really possible for a manager to force a player to un-learn how to pass???? Because that seems to be what has happened. I don't know, mate...now and then I get this horrible feeling sneaking up my spine that something is very rotten indeed at Juventus. I mean something causing a spiritual lethargy, a curse of sorts...cast towards us by artisans of black magick in the employ of Moratti...and if that is the case, we need, truly, a Gandhi like character to rescue us from the abyss. Melo really is merely the tip of an iceberg of discontent and atrophy, which runs throughout the team. I hope you are Right, in that our current crisis, which is also Melo's crisis, is purely down to the management, and nothing more sinister...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He hasn't forgotten how to pass. Momentum is everything in football, and we have none. No one knows what they're supposed to do, and we know who's responsible for players to know exactly what they're supposed to do.

The whole team has the "what the hell is the fuckin point" attitude.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Melo's problems are simply Melo's problems. Ciro takes a very small part of the blame as he couldn't get him back in line after a few bad performances. The position is not the big issue here, mentally the guy is destroyed due to the outside press and lately our own fans. He can't keep focus anymore and that was evident from his latest debacle of a performance( yes he was that bad).

We talked a lot about him needing to get down and work hard again. That was why he did so well in the beginning of the season, as he was playing in the same position. Ideally we could get someone more defensive next to him but if he won't work hard first then put three pure workers next to him and he will still play like crap.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
he wasnt any worse than anyone else was in the first half.
That is simply not true.
Most of our players were pretty bad, yet he somehow managed to be even worse.

Eℓvin;2281637 said:
The whole team has the "what the hell is the fuckin point" attitude.
Not true.
Diego has been playing pretty bad at times, but he never showed such attitude. Neither have Marchisio, Trez, Caceres, Poulsen, ...

People really need to try to be a bit more objective about these things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)