Felipe Melo (68 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
First Season - He sucked
Second Season - Juve Player of the year material
Third Season - ??

Anyone see a nice, normal pattern here? When you look at it like this it is only natural to expect that this year (if he stays) Melo will be greater than last year. The first year he had some problems adapting, the following year he adapted, by now he should be already feeling like he is at home and become the player we know he can become. With a nice passer next to him ( Pirlo) and some other nice hard-working CM i think he will be amazing....

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yeah, that's pretty much it. he is not our weakest link'. Selling him plus lining up a replacement is too much work and time that could be put into fixing other areas of of the team.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
If he is kept then I expect him to be the best CM we have next season.

Selling him would be a huge loss and I hope Conte agrees.
yeah, that's pretty much it. he is not our weakest link'. Selling him plus lining up a replacement is too much work and time that could be put into fixing other areas of of the team.
Exactly :tup:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
First Season - He sucked
Second Season - Juve Player of the year material
Third Season - ??

Anyone see a nice, normal pattern here? When you look at it like this it is only natural to expect that this year (if he stays) Melo will be greater than last year. The first year he had some problems adapting, the following year he adapted, by now he should be already feeling like he is at home and become the player we know he can become. With a nice passer next to him ( Pirlo) and some other nice hard-working CM i think he will be amazing....
I am sure that DP would seem equally awful if not worse ,if he was asked to play as a defensive midfielder...Ciro thought it worthwhile to play Melo as a regista, basically the same role as Pirlo. The players cannot be blamed for ineptitude when played in positions naturally not suited to their talents and history.

I hope Melo stays, he is by far my favourite player at the club, has been now for many moons. He could still have 3 years left at the highest level if he continues where he left off last season and the squad around him is strengthened.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If Melo is really included in the Grossi bullshit then I hope he refuses Villarreal and make the move crumble into pieces.

FORZA MELO kick out Grossi from Juventus.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I still don't buy that. If that is the case, he'll reject them for sure. I just can't see him there. Hell no. He'll stay here or go to Prem methinks.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Why would we want to sell him is beyond me, especially when we don't have any other players with his qualities. His determination and heart in the midfield should be encouraged and not threatened to be thrown out.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Why would we want to sell him is beyond me, especially when we don't have any other players with his qualities. His determination and heart in the midfield should be encouraged and not threatened to be thrown out.
I don't think we will. Conte played him and Pirlo in the midfield of a 4-2-4 in a proper practice match with Marchisio on the left wing. I doubt Conte would have played him if he didn't want to keep him, even if he wanted to sell him and get Vidal. If either of those situations were the case, I assume he would have played Marchisio in the centre and Pepe on the left wing.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I like that we have a player that can go mental, especially since he's cleaned it up a bit. I like someone who can scare the crap out of the opposition and has grinta. We've always had these kind of players when we've been successful, Davids, Paramatti, Montero (Cannavaro) and so forth. I should be naming Hasan as well but we haven't won anything with him and he hasn't been regular. Without Melo we only got Chiellini, he's rough but he doesn't scare that many especially since he's fond of hugging and smiling a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)