Felipe Melo (164 Viewers)

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6,906
    Melo's a teddy bear. Marotta just needs to hug him and let him know he's loved. He'll turn around, you'll see.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Villarreal ponder Melo move
    Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo is being linked with Spanish outfit Villarreal – in a possible deal that could see Giuseppe Rossi arrive in Turin.

According to Tuttosport, the two clubs are already in talks about the Brazilian returning to Spain’s La Liga.

Villarreal are looking for a new holding midfielder and Melo could be made available by the Turin giants at the right price.

Melo was signed by Juventus for €24.5m in the summer of 2009 after impressing at Fiorentina.

The South American moved to Europe in 2005 when he was snapped up by Liga outfit Mallorca.

He remained in the country for three years and also appeared for Racing Santander and Almeria before joining Fiorentina in 2008.

Juve could take advantage of Villarreal’s interest in the player by making a bid for Rossi in return.

The Italian was said to be very close to joining Barcelona, but the Nou Camp outfit seem to have made Alexis Sanchez of Udinese their top transfer target.

Striker Rossi has been linked with the Old Lady in the past and would be a cheaper alternative to Sergio Aguero.

According to reports, Juve have made a €35m offer to Atletico Madrid for the Argentine international, who would want a salary of around €6.5m a year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    You ever have one of those moments where you do a facepalm, but you let your face rest in your palm for about 5 seconds, and then proceed to try and squeeze your face as if an octopus is trying to crush your skull while trying to pop the world's largest zit?

That just happened when I read this, Chester.

I wouldn't mind seeing melo leave, if it were the right deal.

This, however, is not it

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Depends what the offer is, 10 million + Melo wouldn't be a bad offer IMO.
    And then we can use the remaining 25 million for a MC.

Although I'd still prefer Aguero to Rossi of course.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Depends what the offer is, 10 million + Melo wouldn't be a bad offer IMO.
    And then we can use the remaining 25 million for a MC.

Although I'd still prefer Aguero to Rossi of course.
    I really dont see why we should create a 25 mil on our economy atm.
    We have other priorities and no means to cover them all, opening a new front is unwise.
    We should rather sell some subs instead and start using the quality over quantity mentality.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    We have other priorities and no means to cover them all, opening a new front is unwise.
    Your right, would be a pointless sell. Negotiating to buy and selling takes time. We didnt need to spend too long on the freebies but lichsteiner took a while and only because Lazio have a replacement in mind, other clubs/scenario would be much more difficult. We seem pretty well equipped. Theres a famous proverb and I heard lippi say it on an occasion too which was 'dont fix whats not broken'. Whilst melo may look like a broken lunatic, he doesnt play like one and his enthusiasm and spirit makes up for it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 164)