Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Suns

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
  • Thread Starter #102
    I don't know and I don't really care. As long as we end up with either D'Ago or Melo I am happy.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    I say let's buy D'Agostino for a reasonable price and make sure Grosso will be our starting LB next season. Then if we have some extra funds, let's wait till January or next year's mercato to sign a RB, CB and maybe another LB.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    He is better skilled both offensively and defensively.
    I can't disagree too much about the rest of your points (although some of them are debatable) but Melo isn't better skilled offensively than D'Agostino. That's a huge overestimation of the Brazilian and even bigger underestimation of D'Ago.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Ambiguous feelings.
    Yeah, that's how i can describe my situation right now regarding Melo to Juve.
    Same here my man, would be great signing for the player itself, but considering the price, and type of player, there is some lingering doubt. But IMO he is the kind of dominating midfield player you win league titles with (physical as fuck, grind results). But for our team overally being more fluid, I prefer D'Agostino, thats for sure, even if Melo isnt limited to DM.

But if Secco is really serious about this, and not just media BS, I would think he is willing to invest him quite a bit, more then with D'Agostino we would were backtracking about. Melo will cost quite a bit, especially with Arsenal interest too.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    Juve vicinissima a Melo
    04.07.2009 16.58 di Ivan Cardia articolo letto 6918 volte

© foto di Giacomo Morini
    Nonostante le smentite da parte della Fiorentina, il trasferimento di Felipe Melo (26) alla Juventus, sarebbe prossimo alla conclusione. Ad affermarlo è Repubblica: secondo l'importante quotidiano, i due club avrebbero raggiunto nella giornata di ieri un accordo sulla base di 21 milioni di euro più Marchionni.

Tuttomercato

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Two misconceptions in this thread, for both sides of things, that Melo has better technique or is offensively better then D'Agostino, which is ludicrous. And also as ludicrous, that Melo is purely just a destroyer like Momo/Diarra. I mean, used to watch him in Santander, then Almeria, and he wasnt even a DM there, he played as an offensive box to box CM or a SM.

He has quite ranged set of skills, just not destroying or ballwining, even if tactically he has been more limited to that later on. He can be quite good offensively as a box to box mid in a diamond midfield. But yeah, he isnt a regista, even if a good passer, so D'Agostino is more useful in that regard (would love either, but our needs fit D'Agostino more, and mainly its regarding price, if we can afford it, why not, but Melo would cost 20m+ prolly, but not many real quality midfielders like him around).

Funniest thing of all, Mark in this thread predicting both Melo and D'Agostino signed, now that would be sick, and sooooooo not gonna happen :D

OP
    Suns

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
  • Thread Starter #118
    According to La Repubblica it's a done deal.

21 mill and Marchionni.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)