Felipe Melo (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Juventino[RUS];2057965 said:
La Republicca claims that Juventus have signed Felipe Melo for €21m plus Marco Marchionni. The agreement was reportedly reached yesterday, although of course there is no official confirmation.
That is obviously not true, since Fiorentina presented a statement today about being in negotiations with Arsenal. They wouldn't have done it if they reached agreement with us already.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hehe. Though doubt the bidding war would go high, both we and Arsenal prolly have a set amount we will go highest to, if we are really serious with 20m plus Marchionni, then it will be that or nothing. Dont see Arsenal going above that either.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I won't belive anythin untill i see Official .... and realy if we will get him, end this story and focus on our shameful defense FGS..

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dude, dont worry. Juventus is a fucking rich club and Melo is a great player.
We were rich. We are not sooo rich at the moment.

he is young, he is proven (fiore who isn't a small team, brazil) and his price will go higher next summer during the world cup...
Proven one year? 21mln was the asking price for Xabi one year ago and he's on higher level.

If we're really in this race against Arsenal it will be hard. I somehow can't see us spending so much for Melo.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
What usually happens when we're involved in a bidding war?
arsenal isn't famous for winning bidding wars either. maybe he wants to play with diego and amauri.

in addition to this firstly he has settled down well in italy and nobody knows if he can fit in england (where brazilians don't do very well).

lastly, arsenal won't fight for the championship even with him. juve with him and a good defender have many chances. he is 25 years old, its time for him to win something with a club.

OP
Suns

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
  • Thread Starter #132
    I like whats going on though. Juventus is a massive club and we have gone too many years without trophies. They need to show that they have a plan. We are a fucking winning club and its time to sign good players. No more Tiago's and Poulsen's please.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Btw, just to make things PERFECTLY CLEAR....

Felipe Melo was born on 26 July 1983. He will turn 26 in 3 weeks.
    D'Agostino was born on 3 June 1982. He turned 27 last month.

So D'Agostino is 1 year, 1 month and 23 days older than Melo.
    So when you say that Melo is younger you're obviously right, but the way you say it i have a feeling that you think it's some big difference which isn't the case at all.

Then again, the age of the two players is the last thing we should be looking at when choosing which one of the two we should get.

Oh, and Osman, i'm sure you're right about Melo in his Almeria days, and i know for sure that he's not a Makelele or Deschamps type of DMC. But watching him often for Fiorentina and watching most of the matches he played for Brazil, he's as close as it gets to pure DMC.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
    Mar 28, 2006
    Proven one year? 21mln was the asking price for Xabi one year ago and he's on higher level.

If we're really in this race against Arsenal it will be hard. I somehow can't see us spending so much for Melo.
    he played in the starting 11 of a team that ended 4th. it isn't easy, especialy if you consider that this was his first year in italy. this shows something about his quality.

the other you tell about xabi is correct. i believe that our board saw what happens when you don't spend the money needed.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
    I wouldn't say D'Ago is 2nd choice. Au contraire!
    Well, that's what they're reporting today that Melo is a priority at the moment and if we fail to get him, we'll come back for D'Ago. But in this case the "second choice" could tactically be even better for us, that's why I'd be content even if they don't get the "first choice".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)