Federico Peluso - LB - Atalanta (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The thing is that WE DON'T NEED A LB unless he improves our squad. Why buy the third player who's crap is beyond me... Just stick with what we have if we can't buy somebody who's a lot better.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
IF we dont sell Licht..We'll probably sign Llorente ,Peluso on loan and close the market..Remaining activity would only be outgoing sales imo.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
But, but, but he's 28 and he still plays for Atalanta, ergo he must be another mediocre Italian...

Gotta love that kind of logic. Yeah, Peluso is nothing special but the overreactions are absolutely ludicrous.

Yet, coming from the likes of B81, it is expected.
:tup:

if we start failing i'll start making a fuss, until then I'm just enjoying that the last season was 38 serie a games without a defeat. also when I look at the team sheet I see a team significantly stronger in depth - which is one of the major aspects we needed. I have full trust in beppe to bring us a good striker, and even if he doesn't we managed last year just fine.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Whatever :rolleyes:

We need a quality LB/LWB. If we had a decent starter for that position (and fucking no to playing Asamoah there just because he did well in a couple of preseason games; he was brought in as rotation for the midfield FFS!) adding this dud wouldn't be such a problem. Moreover, when Asamoah is away on African Nations Cup duty, and DC is injured as usual, we're likely to see more of this guy than most of you'd like. Just sayin :boh:

However, wasting close to 6 million according to reports (not to mention wages and a long term contract) will see us being stuck with him and struggling to dispose of him in a couple of years. An absolutely meaningless transfer.

---------- Post added 19.08.2012 at 11:04 ----------

:tup:

if we start failing i'll start making a fuss, until then I'm just enjoying that the last season was 38 serie a games without a defeat. also when I look at the team sheet I see a team significantly stronger in depth - which is one of the major aspects we needed. I have full trust in beppe to bring us a good striker, and even if he doesn't we managed last year just fine.
Last year was last year. Stop looking at the past. Look ahead, and move along. We have the added pressure of the CL (both physically and psychologically straining), the small matter of defending our title (we are no longer a surprise team or unknown entity), and the absence of Conte ont he sidelines (it's a significant loss, and an element/factor that might affect us).

Yes, we have strengthened the squad, but our two glaring weaknesses still prevail: No quality star striker, and a very limited selection at LB/LWB.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Juventus have offered 2 million for the loan securing the right of redemption to 4 million.Atalanta did not respond but the clubs will meet again next week, because an agreement seems more than possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)